• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

[17th] Pilots Unite (Social/Arrival)

Yss Tokyo
Ensign Leventé Barná
Hanger deck- one
Galley

His eyebrow raised, in both surprise and at her words." I am certain, after seeing that performance, you shouldn't have much issue coming back from what I can only assume is a hiatus, of some degree." His position changed still surveying faces as well as Datenshi." I am assigned to the 17th on exchange as I'm sure you can see.so tell me, is there a tale behind the song?" Everyone here seemed so relaxed, seemingly letting loose. One had to wonder if time would clearly show a different side to most of them, their experiences, pains, pleasures, success and failures. For better or for worse, Leventé needed to try to connect with his new found comrades.

Kazumi grimaced after their mother, Katsuko spoke. Feeling awful for Tio, his youngest sibling placed a hand on his shoulder and gave a gentle squeeze. "Don't let it get to you," she murmured just loud enough for him to hear. "It's what she wants." letting go, Kazumi moved off just far enough to get a look at this delicacy called 'Pizza'. She'd never tried it of course, but she had indeed heard of it. Some had laughed at her at College for allowing herself to have such a lapse in culinary delights. Edging closer, Kazumi sniffed the air around the boxes, placing a finger on one of the cardboard containers.

Curious, she tapped it and received a semi-hollow sound. "What is on it?" she asked. Kazumi had always been a bit of a picky eater. If something was too bland she either tried to avoid it or 'doctor' it up with condiments and other oddities for a better flavor.

The man heard Katsuko's wish that he and Eri mingle, but he had never been too good at parties or social climbing. He'd unintentionally stumbled into Katsuko's good graces way back when rather than through ambition or aspiration. Also, while he liked pizza greatly, he felt that consuming their pizza would be rude. He was an outsider here. Still, wasn't Katsuko's intention to refute that impression? He'd been pondering who to interact with when Datenshi began to sing.

Listening for the entirety of the song, he was more than a bit impressed. It wasn't just for the skill the woman displayed, but also for the recovery it required. It didn't necessarily mean a full recovery, but it was at least a large part of the process. When she first joined the Sakura II, she used her voice to go out into a Mindy alone and scream rather than for singing in front of others. He wanted to go greet her, and actually walked somewhat closer, but allowed the others who emerged to greet her to do so first. He maintained a distance that wouldn't make the rank and file tense up as he contacted her via telepathy.

~I'm impressed, Datenshi. Both with the skill and how far you've come. This is a lot healthier than I remember you being, and I'm happy for you.~

Datenshi nodded to the man talking to her with a smirk. "Just from my time on the YSS Sakura, the original ship. It was from a mission back in the first Mishhu War, during my first tour with the Army. We took down these beings called the dark ones, blew their base up and well... Burned the bastards from the inside out." She chuckled a little and let her eyes roam to Yaichiro for a moment with a little nod, before she looked back to Levente.

"So... You said you're here as a exchange soldier huh? Well..." A Cheshire grin spread across her face as she wiggled her hips lightly. "So, part of that is learning about cultures and stuff right? You want me to show you my favorite thing about Yamataian culture?" Right in the middle of the group with no shame to who saw her, Datenshi pressed a little closer and peered up at Levente, chest just barely pressing into him now.

Taking a slight step back, Leventé understood what she meant, with a smirk rebalance stepping forward slightly. Inadvertently pressing Tenshi closer." This scar was from shortly after the second Mishu war, shot my gunship down and killed my Gunner, I then transferred from the Marine ground forces, to the imperial Navy. And yes ma'am, part of my job is understanding the culture of Yamatai, I suppose at least. Though I'm curious considering how excitable your friends were earlier." His tone was just slightly playful, the drinks slowly loosening up, the ensigns apprehension to the Nekovalkyrja." Whether it's a gunfight, a good brawl or good company. I think any and all would be welcome at this point." His eyes almost challenging the Neko before him.

Aliset looked confused as Eri turned disinterested. "You asked... Never mind." She rolled her eyes. Clearly the cultural brief had not yet disseminated, and she didn't feel like explaining that a species that had an aversion to mistruth and a penchant for questionable honesty would be very careful with wording.

Datenshi

Black eyes sparkled as she stared up at him and her big grin turned toothy as she held a hand out to the Nepleslian man. "Well then darlin... Won't you take my hand and let me show you some good company?" The nekos around the two seemed to be watching unabashedly at that point, each one in rapt attention as they wondered just how this would all play out in the end. All of the girls knew of Datenshi's reputation and her typical way of getting what she wanted. Hips swayed back and forth almost like a tail as she pressed further into the taller man, back arched just enough to give the taller Nepleslian man a view of both her more favorable assets.

Ensign Leventé Barná,

Mess hall.

Looking down at the, assets Datenshi was flaunting. As well as the hand she was extending to the soldier turned pilot, he couldn't help but look around in disbelief." Are you sure I'm not exactly an easy Ally, nor someone to take lightly. Though I suppose I've got nothing to lose." Grabbing her hand Leventé Smiled, seemingly genuinely as well, which when dealing with the Cats, was something he was not used to." You know what, surprise me. If you're so eager to show me Yamataian hospitality, who am I to argue?" His words escaped in a most playful way, still watching the Nekovalkyrja before him show the same unbashful signs now even more-so."lead the way." He spoke once more resting his hand in hers.

@SageShooter

YSS Tokyo
Mess Hall

Kazumi listened to the young woman as she told the Shoi Kohosei what was on the various pizza pies. Settling on something simple, red onions dotted the slice along with pepperoni melted into the mozzarella cheese. It looked like a gooey mess, yet the slice's crust seemed to hold up after she picked it up with a napkin. The young officer eyed it a moment before taking a tentative bite. Her eyes grew wide, it was delicious. The caramelized onions melted in her mouth, the cheese a bit chewy yet the slightly spicy pepperoni blended well with the other toppings. Her ears fluttered as her tongue darted out, licking away bits of sauce. To say she enjoyed it was an understatement. For the first time eating pizza, it seemed she was hooked.

----------------

As Kazumi enjoyed her first piece of delectable pizza, another entered the mess. Her uniform was pressed, not so much as a tiny wrinkle. Koyama's boots were shined to a high gloss and even the belt hugging her narrow waist seemed to shine. It was all new, as was its wearer. Taking a moment to run a finger along the white panels, Koyama couldn't believe she had risen to such a rank in such a short time on the Sakura II. Still, she'd liked being of use, even if it had meant civil war, the loss of technology through massive EMP strikes from multiple ad-hoc fusion bombs detonating in the atmosphere of Higaflan. Taking over their communications and integrated networks had been easy enough. But in the end, it was unknown (at least to her) just how many Rixxikor had perished in her masterstroke against the enemy forces.

Seemed it was enough to warrant a drastic jump in rank. Of course, Koyama couldn't complain. She was several steps closer to her goal. Upon entering the mess, and after stroking one of the white panels, the new Shoi looked about. These were her crewmates, she would be working with them. And if it came to it, she would protect them.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back