• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: 188604 [188604] A literal call to action

Z

Zack

Uso was watching her news feeds, another IRC was due to start soon, and more than one person was talking about just what may go down.

She was keenly aware that she couldn't just steal a warehouse full of diplomacy from someone.

This certainly looked like it would be a job for someone else.

*Beep*

"HEY JACK! WHERE YOU AT?!" Uso asked, broadcasting the message to him over their internal comms, "Put together a diplomatic group. We need to go out diplomatizing."

The radio would crackle as he responded, the thunder of heavy guns in the background, "Alright, I'll grab mark from his packing, and a few others. Meet you at the hangar in fifteen."

And with that Jack ended the transmission before turning around and signaling the five Hydras in a line. Soon their guns fell silent and they moved back into the garage from their range test.

"Okay, I need people for a diplomatic mission. Also need troops on standby.", He sent out to all personnel.

“Ugh” Uso said, “... now Inhave to head to the hanger...”

She headed out of the penthouse of Nath tower, the place still covered in Datapads and bottles from last night’s adventure with old friends.

“He probably means the S6 hanger... Vier, give me directions.”

With that, Uso would vault over the railings!

15 minutes, and a few rocket-assisted drops later Uso was at the hanger, brushing sand off her bodysuit.

Lot of gibberish. Louder than the voices present. Sharp, noisy machined gibberish of real voices. Koroleva looked up to the intercomm. Before down to her target again. What would go down in the news later on as a rather horrifying prank and threat from an unknown assailant, was nothing but harmless fun.

No one died. That was the deal. Losing a hand, well. People lived on perfect lives with just one hand. A soft cradling as she pushed the snout of the rather horrifying mask against her assailant's ear. The man shot up from his snoozing position and glanced at her, completely petrified by her appearance. It was then that she jumped down and extended her hand to shake.

And the poor fool, with no better thought in mind, stepped forward to accept the gesture. It wasn't but minutes later, his hand was a cauterized stump. Reduced to nothing but brimming blue ashes to traveling down to the ground. And a cry of pain not a split second only followed. And she was even gone before every officer came running in. No one died, he wouldn't even lose any blood but the liquid present in his hand. A soft giggle came from her as the plan went perfectly. It was a classic prank she saw on TV. Someone shaking their hand with another, only to cause them harm. Traditionally with a kind of device that delivered a shock. She only made it better. There were enough protheses for a rich, fat cat like himself.

---
It wasn't shortly after Uso dropped down at the hanger. With a hauntingly silent thud, not even seconds later, Koroleva touched down next to Uso. Glancing up at the hangar without a word. Only the soft rustle of shivs and the thud announcing the damaged Neko's presence.

A Raven Sport would pull up just outside as well, followed by scissor doors opening. The sound of music from within cut off as Mark stepped out and remote triggered the vehicle to shutdown. He had shades on and a massive headache, having been packing most of the night, then actually drinking enough to even get drunk. This was a hard feet to pull off given his symbiotes, as they filtered the alcohol from his blood rather efficiently. He went through about 20 bottles of bourbon, full Liters.

It was a good pain though, as it helped to counteract his mood. He wasn't paying attention at first, but stopped as he noticed Uso and Koroleva only several feet away.

"Boss. Koroleva. So what are we doing, some sort of diplomatic trips?", He said as they most likely continued into the hangar.

“Diplomatic as Fuck. Since we can’t just fly around and steal allies we have to actually go the long way around and make friends,” Uso said, her words sounding like someone had just asked her to make her own doctor’s appointment.

“We’ve got some targets in mind, mostly allies of the Elysians.

I’m thinking you guys go get some big sticks, fly around, and chat them up. See what we are dealing with... maybe set them up for a relations conference later with everyone who has skin in the game in the west...

... also if anyone is like... weak sauce, we can just invade them and add them to our little empire.”

"Sera please...." Lawrence requested as the Elysian pulled on the wrist of his lab coat sleeve. "I have work to do in the lab, I'm fit enough to do that at least..."

Lawrence was still recovering from his previous transformation a few days back. He was still a bit weak though and Sera seemed intent on forcing him to go back to their quarters when he started doze off while sitting at his lab. Course, for some odd reason, they ended up in the hanger and well. Lawrence froze as he spotted Jack form behind.

"Oh god....no..." Lawrence grumbled, his feet firmly planted on the ground and a nervous, almost fearful expression was on his face.

"It's a diplomatic mission, and though I don't know the specific people that will be met I think you should at least offer your help. A translator, especially one that isn't just a metal box, can make a big difference." Whether or not she would be useful was far from Eve's list of worries when she was approached with the offer. She wasn't sure why, maybe it was the history of Uso and the fact that military presence seemed to be higher than usual, but she felt as if it could put her in danger. Could she handle that stress? The sound of gunfire while she struggled to orient herself much less evade the danger? She didn't know, and honestly it truly did terrify her in ways she didn't expect it to.

Should she have pushed for details, or simply refused and taken a smaller role in a smaller job? Maybe, but that's not what she did, and she already learned not to linger too hard on what-ifs, because if she had she would have driven herself quite hateful of life a long time ago. Her heart was racing in her chest, she was civilian, by any stretch of the word, and nothing else, but didn't the request specifically ask for civilian assets? She had to grip the word in her mind as she strode through the halls, arm interlinked with a pilot she had befriended some time ago. Could she feel the tremors that silently took her body in fear? Maybe, and maybe she spoke not of it, as she too wanted Eve to take such a step forward. She tried to keep her face calm, and to a degree she was, the rest could be written off as normal anxiety before something important.

"We're at the hangar, your watch is charged up, right? It'd be awful if you couldn't get into contact with us." She reassured the pilot of her only contact method back. For the moment she envied her friend as they walked through the noisy, spaced out hangar. She heard machines, vehicles, and people, and it was hard to keep track of where everything was. How would she even know who was in charge? She'd have to ask if she didn't know them. "I know you can hear that group in front of us, ask them." She gave Eve a reassuring pat on the back, and Eve took a breath as her steady strides brought her closer, stopping a few feet away from Uso, Jack, and others. For the moment she was struck with the odd realization that she wasn't sure what to do with her eyes. Was she looking at them? What was the proper way to greet them? She hoped the segmented cane in her grip that lightly rested on the ground, and what she had been told was the foggy, grey look in her eye would give away any slight.

"-Excuse me." She spoke when she felt that there was enough of a proper pause to speak. "I was told that you were accepting civilian assets for a diplomatic mission. If possible I would like to help, as I'm a skilled translator." She tried to form the words in her head so that they did not fumble as she spoke. It was frustrating, actually translating was easier than this. "I'm fluent in Yamataigo, Trade language, Seraphim, Freefolk, Abwheran, and a major Separa'Shan dialect." She spoke clearly, and her body held a proper and trained posture, though her right hand repetitively squeezed the top of her support cane.

Jack Pine turned to the young woman, his enhanced eyes noting the odd grey coloration of her irises, a very bare file automatically displayed it's self. It was attached to those of two employees, her file listed as Eve.

"Welcome aboard Eve, I'm director Pine. Your skills would very welcome, as people relate more to a person than a automated device. You, Miss Cerulius, and doctor Lawrence will be accompanying us as we make several diplomatic trips. Now our relations with each group is somewhat uncertain, but we hope to unite them with the USO. Given how uncertain these relations are, we will have security accompany us. You are safe with us. We will be boarding a shuttle and moving up to a ship in orbit momentarily. Miss Cerulius will watch over and assist you as need. Do you have any questions miss?", Jack said in a calm and reassuring tone as he stepped closer noting her signs of nervousness. As he did he waved Sera over.

Seraphina Lawrence along until he stopped, "Doctor you need a break. This mission makes a perfect get away. It will be a while as we have to travel. Just don't mind the Director and you'll be fine. Just go ahead and board the shuttle." She said giving the doctor a tug and a light push to the shuttle.

"Hey Eve, I didn't know you were coming. I would have come got you if I had. I'll make sure she's well looked after sir. Will Director Oaklen be joining us on this trip?", The peppy angel said, happy to see Eve again.

"Well here he comes now. Tell me brother, will you be joining us?"

Mark Oaklen walked by in his usual open dress shirt and jeans, the shades still on.

"Oh yeah, certainly. It will be like old times on the Kaiyo, except with you nagging at me. Hey Sera, doctor, and you must be Eve. I think Aras was going to come, I'm not sure though. I guess me and Sarah will be running security.", He said sticking his hands in his pockets. Yeah he had heard of the young woman from Sera, and he was happy to see despite her disability she was still moving forward in the world.

Sarah was already on the shuttle waiting, her curvaceous figure in a Revenant undersuite as she waited on the ramp. She brushed her long black hair over her shoulder and looked at Lawrence with blue eyes.

"Come on doctor, trust me he won't bite with me around. All SABER personnel are already aboard commander, last shuttle is civilian only. Miss Uso, will you be joining us?", Sarah said waving everyone aboard.

Aras had been on her daily commute when she heard the plead for personnel. The idea of a diplomatic mission intrigued her, and seeing her lack of field experience, this would be a good mission to start. It so happened that she had been relatively close to the hanger at the time of the alert, so with a quick change of direction and a message to Abigail over her datapad, she was ready to go on whatever mission she was needed for.

After a few minutes of walking, Aras reached her destination. It seemed that she had got there in just the nick of time, as when she entered a large group was already preparing for the leave. Noticing a few familiar faces in the crowd, she rushed to them, hoping that she hadn't came to late. "Hello?" Aras said, attempting to receive a little attention. "Is this where the diplomatic mission is beginning? I was hoping to join in but was caught a bit off guard."

Seeing how no one had actually anything to say to her, as if she could understand, the monstrosity of a woman turned on her feet and sauntered into the hangar. Glancing around curiously.

"I couldn't stop myself," Akemi noted as he gripped the shuttle's exterior, "from noting your incredible lack of diplomatic personnel. As someone who has handled what is considered by many first contact on some occasions, I will note I am superbly and incomprehensibly suited for this mission. I have my own entourage and transport, but I will ride with Uso if she is coming along. Otherwise, I'm following Vier's lead on this and also doing my own thing at the same time. It will just work better that way."

He was wearing a pretty handsome navy suit with black lapels with a crisp white button-down and a stand-out red tie. "I already have my people working on some things that will really blow your top off," he added to nobody in particular.

"You do realize what could go wrong don't you?" Lawrence questioned Sera in a whisper.

The man put his hands against the ship's sides of the open doors. Preventing himself from being shoved in the rest of the way. Mr. Pine had made clear threats, and off works travel was one. So why were they allowing this? He gave a uncertain glance to Sarah.

"It's not quite his bite I'm afraid of.." Lawrence commented back.

"Ok. Wow. Lots of people.

I'm going to assume Jack has adopted most of you by this point.

Good call on taking Akemi. Get that burger-diplomacy going.

Cunning Linguist, Late for School, Dr. Claws and other people round out the team...

...and, you know, Vier... but I'm going to bail on this one. Diplomacy isn't really my thing so in the true style of a great leader I'm making you guys do it."

Uso would nod sagely, like she was imparting some kinda wisdom.

"We've got a bunch of places where we know stuff is, but we haven't actually gone there to figure out who's there... I already sent Jack the important information and it'll be up to you guys to figure out what to do with it. Go poke around, make friends maybe... if you see someplace worth taking over just call up S6 I suppose."

"Hey, I was pretty sure you would have some kind of cool way of appreciating me," Akemi told Uso while he gripped Jack's shoulder with one hand and held his own hip with the other, "seeing as I am the type of person that deserves that kind of thing. Well, I have a few good ideas about who to see and where to go." He let go of Jack's shoulder and went in to give him a soft pat on the lower back. Akemi was pretty short compared to Jack, but way more attractive by most beauty standards, but that didn't phase him as it crossed his mind. He told Jack, "I like you, for what it's worth. I'll be calling up your dudes to help capture some real estate or whatever it is I can find for Uso."

"Akemi, one we already have a list and two this is a government operation. So at the very LEAST we are partners. Miss Tasuki, I would strongly suggest you at least accompany us on this mission as having our leader there, sends a very strong message. As much as I would love to hand this over to someone else, I have every reason to do this and make sure it goes according to plan. That being said, your insight would be helpful.", Jack said not letting his annoyance show. Part of it was how he would be up doing talks, and not in a power armor instead running security. But Uso gave him the job, so he was damn well going to do it.

"Mr. Harbinger. If you would please be so kind, step into the transport. Post haste if possible, so do please pay attention to Mrs. Pine and miss Cerulius."

"Dr....What?" Lawrence questioned as he glanced to Uso, not too sure on how much he liked the name.

A brow twitched as his question was ignored by Sera and even more so at Jack's comments. The scientist looked at Jack but rather than getting on the ship, he got off the plateform and went closer to Jack.

"What are you playing at? You tell me no off world travel and I told you I didn't ever want off world access. SO why the hell are you doing this?" Lawrence question Jack as he folded his arms, one could tell the doctor wasn't pleased at this.

When Jack pulled up Eve's profile it would be very direct, though naturally it gave the important knowledge about her. The languages she spoke, the fact that she was specifically a citizen and lacked combat experience of any form, and an important medical pin noting the complete blindness. Eve herself was visibly relieved at the warm greeting, as her shoulders loosened from their tense state, a small smile broadening from her face. She was a bit surprised that the person who turned to her first was Director Pine himself, she had never met the man much less spoken to him, so his warm welcome was certainly something that she could use to comfort herself with. "I don't believe I have any questions, Director, I will just need a bit of assistance in boarding the transport." An easy reason was apparent, she didn't know what it was, its size of its shape, a hand and some helpful words would be all that she would need.

Armed guards? She felt safer at that, though guns brought tension, they also kept things below a certain point unless actual fighting came about. Even if it did, the guards and others present would be there to protect the civilian branches, wouldn't they? She turned at a familiar voice, though she listened a few seconds more before she made an assumption. It was too noisy to pick up her footsteps but that voice certainly belonged to Sera, made easily identified as she called out Eve by name. "Oh! Sera, I didn't know you would be here, it's a pleasure to find someone I know." She offered a warm smile, though her hands stayed glued to her cane.

With a few words from others, more greetings and talking, she was guided towards the transport. It was said to be 'the last one,' one specified for civilian personnel, and it made her curious what all the others contained. Strictly military, or did certain leaders or members take point in other ships? She folded her cane, and moved quite strictly within guidelines of what she was told, ships were hardly the place to use her cane to find her own path, it was better to follow what she was told until she could take a seat. The confined nature was apparent as the noise in the air shifted into something more hollow, but the exact dimensions went unnoticed. "Just guide me to a seat, please." She spoke softly, even if she did have to raise her voice to compete with the extra noise in the area.

Uso gave it some thought, shifting her weight from one leg to the next as she considered the pros and cons of avoiding doing things here on 188604 and instead going to avoid do things with Jack and company.

"I suppose"

She would turn her attention right at Jack,

"But I'm totally going to slack-off on this one. You're running the show. I'm just along 'for funzies'."

Uso would turn around and head towards the hanger door, when it occured to her both that she didn't know what ship Jack wanted to take, being that Jack was supposed to be running this thing, and that Akemi should totally have some kinda flying burger truck,

"HEY AKEMI!" Uso shouted, turning back around, "Do you have some kinda flying burger truck? It'd be a killer way to spread your buisness around to some of these newer areas."

"And you!" Uso said, pointing at the other neko who had been slinking about the room without a word, "Get bag of sand or something so Dr. Claw doesn't feel so homesick about leaving for a field trip."

"Alright everyone, all aboard who's going aboard. Miss Cerulius, please assist miss Eve if you would be so kind. And get the good doctor onboard. Mr. Harbinger, I need civilian experts in their fields to help represent our scientific interests as well as provide their opinion on each location we will be visiting. Now please, step abaord.", Jack said before he himself stepped abaord the craft and took a seat.

Sarah just stared at Lawrence waiting.

Mark was already abaord before getting Koroleva's attention, "Hey, you coming? I got a seat right here."

Seraphina gave Jack a nod as she gave the doctor a little push, before gently placing a hand on Eve's shoulder, "Right this way Eve, I'll let you know as reach the boarding ramp."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back