• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: 188604 [188604] A literal call to action

"I ain't homesick!!" Lawrence growled over his shoulder. "I don't need anything like that, I'm not attached to this planet!"

HOmesick? Seriously?! In all his growing displeasure and frustration, he glared back at Jack.

"You're avoiding my questions and contradicting yourself fully." Lawrence said to Jack before lowering his voice for the next part that was directed at Jack alone. " So what are you gonna do instead? Shot me in the back of the head rather than have yer own goons do it or using your threats like you did the first time? I don't trust this choice of yours but i ain't leaving whatever closet or whatever i sleep in on that ship for shit cause unlike you, I'd rather keep people safe."

Lawrence watched Jack walk away, the man displeased. With the shove though, he struggled hard not to direct that glare at Sera. What sera got was somewhat nice but still a look showing his anger.

"PLease. Don't do that...." Lawrence requested kindly to her though he walked onto the ship.

The soft tapping of bone against metal resounded, Koroleva had taken an interest in a particular pipeline and was making sure it was properly inanimate by giving it a few choice pecks with her mask. Neko ears twitched at the telltale difference in sound from an outward voice. Well, there were a lot, including the woman commanding her. Which she by no means understood and thus decided to ignore it for now. But the one calling out now was Meat's.

Her head craned around hauntingly slow, before her entire body followed on all fours still. A position she pushed herself out off and sauntering over. A glass shiv with a luminescent blue liquid rolling around in her human hand. Moving into what could be considered uncomfortable range to Mark. Waiting for his words. Or gestures.

"Pal," Akemi said in reply to Jack. "I think you're misinterpreting things here and I'd like it if you don't refer to us as equals in the future. There is a natural flow of the hands once the cards are on the table, Jackie, so just go with that flow and don't worry about disturbing the peace. I don't have to be spending my time and money on your mis-adventures, but I will for the fun of it and to make friends and right now, Jackie, old pal, you are not making either of those things happen."

To Uso, he said, "I have Cuddle Shuttles [patent pending] that offer a full range of services, Uso. So, I guess I can call up the fleet if I get an apology from someone..."

He looked at Jack Pine.

"Cuddle Shuttles. Great Name. The best name." Uso said, nodding along as she approached Lawrence, coming up behind him and placing her hands on his shoulders.

"Dr. Claws.... Can I call you Claws?" Uso asked, starting to rub his shoulders, "I get that you're upset... but it looks like The Mask over there isn't going to be getting you and sand so you're going to have to deal with feeling homesick a little.

Also.

You're just as likely to get shot on the ship as you are out and about so come on and go do adventure stuff with us.

Its just a friendly chat with neighbors who also happen to have lots of battleships and colonies and stuff. We'll probably be friends, give them some cookies... book some time in the cuddle-shuttle. It'll be like a mini-vacation only with smooth-talking and deal-making.

If you regret going I promise I'll shoot Jack myself...."

Uso would lean back and look over at jack, mouthing ~iiin thee leeeeeg~

"I'm not homesick, I don't have that kind of attachment to this planet. Wasn't born here and haven't viewed it as a home, even more so due to him. I don't need sand." Lawrence replied, Uso would find his shoulders full of tension and that wasn't fading away just yet. "Not really fond of the name but....i doubt anything I say will detour you from using it."

Lawrence was just afraid, his fears always took hold of him when on a ship. The man put a hand to his head, feeling a slight headache coming on but nothing horrible.

"That's the thing...I'm afraid of it going bad.....with the thing I have to worry about, me going would just make it worse.." Lawrence commented in a lower voice.

Jack gave a humorless chuckle, oh this Akemi man was doing something few usually accomplished. Pissing him off.

"Ah, I don't think so. Now excuse me while I get to work, as I do not have time to entertain pretentious individuals such as yourself.", Jack would say before stepping aboard and speaking to Lawrence, "I need your expertise and not your actual presence. That is why you get to stay on the observation deck where it is quiet and safe. You will do well to remember I am no fool, and that I am prepared for the activation of contingencies. Now please step abaord, we must depart."

Mark looked at the shiv then at koroleva, "You realize those don't work on me remember. Come, sit with me koroleva." He said lightly patting the seat next to him while giving a slight smile.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back