RP: 188604 [188604] Trust and Verification

Zack

FM of Uso's Organization
Game Master
Jan 21, 2005
7,235
1,792
138
#1
The Trust's homeworld seemed to have been spared from the worst of the NMX attacks. Their moon was heavily cratered, having been bombarded for one reason or another, forming a small debris field that was gradually floating outward. The planet itself was encircled by dozens of large warships, meters thick armored plates entirely covering one side, weapon emplacements on the other. Though it was clear that their spread-out formation was one of deterrence, their promotional video had been all to happy to show that they had planet-splitting firepower available to them.

They would allow a single one of S6's ships to approach the planet, directing them to a high orbit on the far side of the planet.

They would then allow a single shuttle to approach their agreed upon meeting point... a rather spacious platform floating in the air along the coast of one of the major continents. The massive platform had plenty of space for multiple shuttles to land, and there was already a sleek, glossy-red, spear of a shuttle landed on the deck, a soft forcefield projected over the entire area helping to keep the atmospheric pressure and temperature perfect while keeping the winds from blowing over the deck.

Below them stretched a vast ocean extending as far as the eye could see in one direction.

In the other, a dense, verdant, forest practically choking the land out with vegitation.

And above it all, was the trust's representative.

Along with a desk and some chairs.

"Greetings! Which of you will be representing the intrests of the USO here at this meeting?"

The greeting seemed pleasant enough, the suited figure standing up from their chair as the S6 shuttle arrived. Though as they approached it was clear that suited wasn't quite the right word to use. The figure they were approaching was clearly not a human. It had legs, feet, arms, hands, shoulders, it even looked like it was wearing a suit, a deep charcoal grey complete with razor-thin white pinstripes that actually made up the outer-casing of the machine itself. Its hands made from perfectly sculpted glossy-black material, its joints unfolding like an artisan had spent their lives crafting the perfect hinge. A slight gold inlay accentuated the connective parts of its joints, a real tie wrapped around its neck along with a fake pocket-square on the chest.

It might have seemed like artwork if they head wasn't just an expensive looking security camera, a single large optic on the front, with additional smaller sensors scattered about below it on a sleek, angular mount that connected to the neck area by various rods and pistons. The camera would slowly sweep over the group, then move back across, focusing in on each one at a time.
 

Readlliea

Active Member
May 13, 2017
329
159
43
23
#2
Lawerence had just wanted to stay on the ship. He really didn't want to leave the ship, he would've prefered to just sit in his quarters and stay there. But he found himself dragged out of the ship.

"Let go! Trust me, you don't want me in on this." Lawrence urged, though he felt a strong shove by a soldier who was just attempting to assist the person who was pulling on Lawrence.

The scrawny doctor stumbled forward form the shove and just barely managed to stop himself from face planting on the ground. While his heart was beating a bit fast for his liking, he did his best to contain his temper and not flat out loose it on the soldier who shoved him. Instead, he gave a pissed off glare to the armored person before Lawrence yanked his arm free of whoever had a grip of him.

"Fuck you all...." Lawrence growled under his breathe before he forced himself to shuffle along.

Straightening his lab coat as he walked, he tried to not look as annoyed as he was as they entered the room. Course, seeing the person or being that they were meeting well, he was rather nervous. What the hell were they going to do now...? At their question, Lawrence looked away. NOpe nope. He wasn't going to be that, so he was keeping quiet.
 

Zack

FM of Uso's Organization
Game Master
Jan 21, 2005
7,235
1,792
138
#4
Small panels would slide open along the pinstripes of the robo-suit, allowing the machine to create highly directional sound.

Its first voice would project to Lawerence so that only he could hear it,

"You appear to be in duress. Do you need legal representation? I can provide you with an accomplished laywer with no conflict of interest between the Trust, Section 6, and USO if you are so inclined."

The second voice would be directed towards everyone,

"Director Jack Pine." The machine's main optic focused on him exclusively, "I take it you wish to enter into an agreement with The Medecia-Eddenburg Memorial Trust? We previously had an exclusive relationship with the 4th Elysian Celestial Empire, however I do believe they are in breach of that agreement with how little protection they have been able to provide against the fleets of the Sfrarabla Nougpift.

You appear to be here at an optimal time for renegotiating our defensive agreements."
 

Jack Pine

FM of Uso's Organization
Game Master
May 2, 2017
1,225
685
153
20
malden, mo in central United States
#5
"Indeed. It is sad to see such a well equipped force such as the 4th Elysians to not provide aid despite all the good they could do. I hope you have not suffered any significant losses to do this.", Jack said showing genuine concern at how they were shafted on their previous deal.

"Hopefully, the USO can be of some help.", He said.
 

Zack

FM of Uso's Organization
Game Master
Jan 21, 2005
7,235
1,792
138
#6
"The Medecia-Eddenburg Memorial Trust has been able to provide for its own security. However we are within a few light years of two other inhabited worlds with an above 96% fatality rate from the last Sfrarabla Nougpift attack.

We have reached the conclusion that the 4th Elysian Celestial Empire is unable to provide the number of starships required to protect such a large area of space against an enemy such as the Sfrarabla Nougpift. However between our agreements with the 4th Elysian Celestial Empire and our own Equipment Vendors, we do not appear to have a complete solution to this problem."
 

Jack Pine

FM of Uso's Organization
Game Master
May 2, 2017
1,225
685
153
20
malden, mo in central United States
#7
"I believe that is where we can help. A good majority of our units have become autonomous focused in development. Fighters, ships, tanks, and mechs that don't require organic pilots. And the adaptive AIs we use are always learning and developing. We have even recently developed AI controlled ground units. We have the units, and weapons, to help if you wish. We are currently traveling with the objective to form relationships with each group in the west. Together we can increase security, and hopefully fully and thoroughly eliminate the NMX from all our territories.", Jack explained.
 
Likes: Ametheliana

Zack

FM of Uso's Organization
Game Master
Jan 21, 2005
7,235
1,792
138
#8
"Certainly, while the 4th Elysian Celestial Empire has its reservations about employing Full Kill Chain Automation, The Medecia-Eddenburg Memorial Trust does not share those concerns."

It was about this time that Vier would exit the shuttle, placing a hand on Lawerence's shoulder, "Lets get away from the group slightly?" she offered, "Perhaps you could help me determine what areas of their city we might like to see?"

The machine greeting Jack would focus in on Vier, for a moment, then return its attention to Jack himself.

"We employ fully autonomous systems throughout, and we certainly look forward to working with you, Jack Pine, in ways we can improve and extend our own Automation. An exchange of datapoints regarding your society's metrics would be most beneficial to both of our systems."



(@Readlliea )
 

Readlliea

Active Member
May 13, 2017
329
159
43
23
#9
The voice in his head made Lawrence twitch. Man this was a bizzarre feeling!!! The question is....how would he be able to respond to this thing?

"N...no." Lawrence muttered.

Legal representation wouldn't help him at all. Why couldn't he have just been allowed to stay back in his lab? Where he at least felt somewhat secured...? Not at in the open like this...on a place that if some shit went down, would ruin everything?!

"Aaah!" Lawrence gasped as he felt a hand on his shoulder and he turned round to face Veir. "D....Don't do that!! Please.."

A few pounding heartbeats ringed in his ears before he took a uneasy sigh. Well in all honesty, he didn't want to stay in this room. He had nothing to do with it in a ll honesty.

"Er...s...sure...." Lawrence said. "not sure how I'd help with that but...fine.."
 

Jack Pine

FM of Uso's Organization
Game Master
May 2, 2017
1,225
685
153
20
malden, mo in central United States
#10
"That can certainly be arranged. And I look forward to this partnership as well. I believe we will improve the West as a whole. How do you wish to arrange this deal? And are their any other items you wish to discuss?", Jack said cheerfully as this talk was appearing quite fruitful.
 

Zack

FM of Uso's Organization
Game Master
Jan 21, 2005
7,235
1,792
138
#11
The machine had been quick to respond until now. There a noticeable pause, its camera no longer tracking Jack as he moved.

The nature of this negotiation had changed.

Jack had already agreed to handed over a treasure-trove of useful data. The trust could consider its defensive posture unnecessary at this point. It was time to go on the offensive. The negotiation could consider other larger objectives of the trust. Of course, these objectives would need to be distilled down into something usable. Something that could be presented to this outsider and the group they represented.

The camera would refocus on Jack.

"Would you be willing to provide specifications for the equipment you are interested in allowing us to acquire we could form a better opinion on what to ask for. I understand you are also looking to establish some sort of mutual defensive agreement?"

----

Vier would slowly remove her hand from Lawrence's shoulder.

"We should take this opportunity to observe their world," Vier explained, taking a datapad off her hip and holding it out for Lawrence. The pad would display an image of the local area. "They majority of the planet appears to be covered in forest, and we could approach to take a closer look. They also have their main city, which appears to have a large central area with high rises and stores. There also appears to be an outer-town area just outside of their main city, though the constructions here are of questionable quality."
 

Readlliea

Active Member
May 13, 2017
329
159
43
23
#12
With the hand removed he gave a sigh, though he did pay attention to Vier's words. Although a brow raised in uncertainty as he took the datapad and looked at the image that it projected.

"I'm getting a bad feeling on doing this..." Lawrence commented. "But....staying in this room isn't exactly a wise idea in my mind..."

Questionable quality? Maybe it was a obvious questionable quality? This really wasn't something he was suited for, he really wasn't meant to do field work. Even more so in his current state.

"So....are you suggesting splitting up or something? In regards to what you're suggesting you and I do, I mean." Lawrence questioned.
 
May 3, 2018
38
6
8
#13
Frank would land planetside threw other means eventually and page Jack "hey gramps, figured I'd stop by I heard you were in the naberhood and could use the help..... also Nora's with me have fun"