• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

(188604/Unbuttoned Radio) Education for all!

It's seven dings, and sundown! Welcome back to this new installment of Unbuttoned Radio, sent straight to you from the Old Courthouse in Osman city to each new glorious citizen of the galaxy.

This is Alden Dickson, in for Marian Peck. I am sad to deliver the unfortunate news that Miss Peck has gone missing. If you have any information as to her whereabouts please contact the local authorities.

And now today’s headlines, followed by “The Demon of Psychopomp”, the latest installment of Star Harbor - Unbuttoned Radio’s award-winning Aural Drama. This episode is brought to you by Frontier Logistics Service.

Tired of Algaeia? Sickened by the sight of dirt? Want to escape your problems?

Frontier Logistics Service can help! We’re training willing locals in the operation of cargo ships. The best trainees will be granted paid apprenticeships to starship pilots! Visit a Frontier Logistics Service office today to enroll. And remember, prosperity comes from sailing the void.

The top story today is the murder of a beloved local hero. As you may know the former leader of our own Skyguard, Alex Tasuki, recently set out on his own adventure. Reports are sketchy at this time, but his girlfriend Araxie Serai, designer of the Araxie Reservoir, was murdered! The murder was believed to have been committed by an agent of Psychopomp.

The current location of the man is unknown. It is also unknown whether or not he was following orders. CEO Kristen Romanov refused an interview with us, and all calls to the company about this incident were ignored.

On to more uplifting news! Today was the first day of school at the newly constructed Osman University here in Osman City. If you live in Osman City, you’ve surely seen the big three-story building surrounded by walls keeping in the plant the visitors from beyond call grass. The iron gate is impressive, I must admit. I don’t know exactly what the building is made of, but only time will tell if it can withstand Usotzkan weather.

We have obtained a copy of Mr. Pine’s speech to the new students. Let’s have a listen.

"Welcome all, as you are the very first new students to attend Osman University. Here we provide you the keys to the doors that will lead to a higher education then what might count on one here on 188604. None of you know me, but I am Director Pine of Section 6, who build this institution. I look forward to seeing you all in your studies. The more aptitude you show in your studies, the higher knowledge and data you will have access to. You may even be approached by Ragnarok, SkyGuard, FSC, Saber, or even Section 6 in the future with job opportunities. There even some of the Skyguard's younger members are attending with you. Notice every uniform is the same and only bares your current class grade. Here every student is equal in there right to learn and in opportunities. I have the will to learn you will succeed, and will have the power to choose your own futures and destinies. I hope you all enjoy your first steps into the courses of OU and I look forward to seeing the educated individuals you become."

My, what a rousing speech! I almost want to quit my job and go to the University. Alas, I think radio is more my strength. We have a message from another faculty member as well, a Miss Rose Ironhart.

"My name is Rose Ironhart. I am head of the Advanced Research and Development division of Section 6, and this school's teacher of astrophysics and astronavigation. I expect to see many Skyguard pilots in my classes. Moreover, I expect to see many interns working with Section 6 for stem credits. But I don't expect to see all of you there. In fact, I should only reasonably see a small number, when compared to the rest. This is because all skills have value. Each one of you has the potential to build a better world for ourselves and our children. We offer opportunities to grow those talents you know you have, and turn your passions into a skill that for better or worse, will shape the future of this world, all of our homes. I promise you, you will find aptitude somewhere in our curriculum. All you need to do is be willing and eager to learn something, or to share what knowledge you have. Your educators are not infallible.”

"I, for example, am well versed in the basics of astrophysics and being able to find my way back to this world. But, with very little time to apply that knowledge, my skill is mediocre, at best. My hope is that not only can we teach you, but you can teach us."

I don’t know about you folks but I am enamored with Miss Ironhart after that speech! Osman University is off to a great start. I look forward to the bright future the Empress has selflessly brought to us all.
In related news, Section 6 is building a brand new fleet to defend the USO. Ship classes have not been disclosed just yet, but we do have the names of the new ships.

USV-New Dawn
USV-Horizon
USV-Pathfinder
USV-Groundbreaker
USV-Cornerstone
USV-Thorn
USV-Banshee
USV-Tasuki
USV-Beaumont
USV-Isabelle
USV-Fenrir

The rumor mill says Section 6 is in talks to acquire a new ship design through negotiations with a mysterious new player in the Sector! It remains a mystery where this newly discovered nation is or what their disposition is. All we know is they are the same species as we are, and that is comforting to hear.

Another rumor is going around that the dashing Ambassador Corgan Garret is going to enter into talks with the Union and our favorite insectoids the I’ee on behalf of Section 6 to build a massive new station in space. Apparently, this is a first step towards building an even larger structure in the void. Mr. Pine certainly thinks big, doesn’t he?

The next story may come as a surprise to some of you. Remember Lundgren and Mizzlethorpe’s Miracle Elixir? Well, a mob of angry customers stormed the L&M bottling plant with pitchforks and torches.

It all started when a young boy named Jebediah Falwell became ill. His parents purchased the supposed miracle cure from a local salesman. Two days later he died. They gathered a group of friends, relatives, and other dissatisfied customers to deliver swift justice for Jebediah.

Several hours later the posse surrounded the building, demanding for the workers to hand over Lundgren and Mizzlethorpe or die with them. They chose the former of course. The two businessmen begged for their lives. Mercy was, unfortunately, an unfamiliar concept to the crowd. Lundgren and Mizzlethorpe were hung from a large bloodwood tree. After everyone vacated the building it was set ablaze by the mob.

A vial of the elixir was sent off to be analyzed. The results were startling! It was nothing more than alcohol mixed with camphor, turpentine, ammonia, chloroform, sassafras, and algaeia.

That was our last story tonight folks. Thank you for listening, and remember to look after yourselves. Relax and get ready to listen to the latest episode of Star Harbor.
Once again this program was brought to you by Frontier Logistics Service.

“Frontier Logistics Service. Speak to a representative today!”

Last edited by a moderator:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back