• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC 21st Squadron Discussion

Actually both are perfect for the club, in fact I have updated the Epicenter page with a section for music samples for the different 'rooms' these are now on the page.

Non-Plot related, but very important info below!!!

Well: I bring happy news!

As of noon the day of my typing this message, I have officially sworn in, and become a member of the Iowa National Guard! I have been informed that my training site will be Fort Sill, Oklahoma! I have also been informed of the fact that I will ship out for training on the 15th of June, this year.

Training is approximately 10 weeks and 4 days in duration.

As a result, from June 15th I will not be available to post until the end of my basic training.

I apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused.

Make sure to do some physical training and keep yourself in shape before you ship out, take it from someone who 'did not' do that.

Regardless, good luck to ya ;-)

Well, I've got the 13 push-ups and 17 sit-ups covered. I just need to get my one mile-run under nine minutes. I'm sloooooooooooow.

SERIOUSLY!? National Guard must be easy, when I went for mine (Army and AF) they kicked my ass. Had like 40ish pushups and 30ish situps and they said that my physical might hinder my ability at getting a ROTC scholarship. Although my mile was at like 6:30 (I had never run it in under 7 before) and promptly threw up in the bathroom after the officer left.

Gabriel said:
SERIOUSLY!? National Guard must be easy . . .

Except, not.

Those are the standards for what you have to be able to do when you first arrive for in-phasing. Not what you have to be able to do by the end of basic training. In that respect, we match the regular Army exactly.

In fact, the only difference between a Guardsman and an active Army soldiers is that the Guardsman is supposed to usually remain within the fifty four states and territories, rather than deployed all around the world in combat hell-holes.

Congratulations!

Thank you and God speed!

Well, in that case, it must have just been a ROTC thing, those scores that I got were when I was applying, before I had even gotten in, and they were low.

Okay folks,

Those of you who have things to wrap up in the Shore leave thread please feel free to continue. Meanwhile the Mission 4.0 Thread is now available.

Ok, folks.
It's late. Expect a post from me first thing in the AM and Atsui will clear up the confusion and the assignments.

Nashoba.

Forgive me for sounding stupid. But what does EWO stand for ? I have a idea, but I'd rather find out for sure instead of making assumptions.

Post has been made, which should hopefully clear up the confusion.

Honcho in case you didn't know means the leader and is commonly used in the Military.

EWO's are as Kyle said are Electronic Warfare Officers, for those of you who are new, originally when the 21st started there was going to be an EWO for each pilot. But it proved problematic to say the least, so only the more senior pilots have EWO's these days.

It's easy to find a crazy pilot, it's just not easy to find a technican crazy enough to sit behind them.

Hey guys!

My character's got approved, and has orders. Ready to roll on your call Nash, just tell me how you want this to go down.

Yay! More meat for the grinder!

Where did all these new people come from? They're sprouting like beans!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…