Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

OOC 21st Squadron Discussion

A little something I thought up on the fly, Silic sending a letter home to his parents. Of course, like the good son he is the letter is filled with outright fabrications to stop them from panicking incessantly and making a fuss.

Hi Mom, hi Dad.

Just letting you know I'm alright, sorry I haven't been in touch but things have been pretty busy around here. I've already made many new friends in my squadron, Munkata, Lynn, Ramierez, and Yoshi. They're really great people, I think you'd like them.

Come to think of it, all the people on my current ship have been pretty friendly.

I really like military, and can honestly say, it ain't all that bad. As you guessed, I got the less glamorous of jobs.

Fortunately I don't do anything really dangerous, they leave that up to the professionals.

They let me stay nice and safe on the carrier, so don't worry about me at all. Shore leave is nice to, no traffic jams on the frontier, and finding a parking spot is really easy.

Oh yeah, and tell Licia I want my datajockey back next shore leave home.

Love, and hoping to see you soon.
Your son,
Silic Geoff Vas.

Sorry folks, been feeling pretty bleh thanks to a bug. I will be posting the results of the current wave of attacks later today.

Don't worry Cedric. You are not ignored, but seeing as one of the squadron-mates just died and Yamatai was attacked I doubt there are many pilots feeling like drinking on the victory right now.

Gabriel said:
You should've seen what Yaeko did to the last guy who bought her a drink...

I feel -- vaguely threatened.

Ricky is a tough kid. He could take whatever the crew throws at him. :)

ShotJon said:
Don't worry Cedric. You are not ignored, but seeing as one of the squadron-mates just died and Yamatai was attacked I doubt there are many pilots feeling like drinking on the victory right now.

Can't expect Ricky to know about the death of a squadron-mate. He came in mid-battle.

He just thinks that nobody likes him. ;)

Cedric said:
I feel -- vaguely threatened.

Ricky is a tough kid. He could take whatever the crew throws at him. :)

Response:
Gabriel said:
A look flashed across Yaeko's face; her eyes widened, her jaw tensed, and a look of anger was in her eyes. However, it isn't the expression that most people would notice because it was there for less than a moment. The thing that people would notice was the cry of pain. To someone not paying attention they would turn and see the man holding his nose and Yaeko holding a steak knife to his exposed throat. To someone that had been paying attention, they would have seen her elbow making contact with his face, him jerking his head back and exposing his neck, and then her hand quickly grabbing the knife and flicking it to his now exposed neck.

Now you know why Silic is so messed up after his assignment here. The only exit for Nepleslians in 21SQ is either in a box, as a basket case, or when a merciful officer transfers you out before either of the above. There is no retirement for you, in 21SQ. :p

Well, then Ricky has no choice but try to take his CO on.

After all: he is nowhere close to the favorite son in his family, he has nothing tieing him to Nepleslia except for his file (after all, he even changed bodies when he went to Yamatai), and so he probably isn't too keen on going back.

So he can take 'er. :lol:

Seriously though, probably not.

I suggest we lock the pair in a room just to see what happens. :D We could even make bets. 8-)

... of course, there's always the possibility that when we open up the room to check, they'll escape and try and kill us all...

... On second thought... maybe its not such a good idea. :? Yaeko's kinda scary when she's pissed.

She was a spoiled, rich brat who watched her parents get killed. Which means that she is very good at getting her way, and very good at directing her pent-up rage.

Ricky might feel challenged.

So he'll probably try to take her on if he hears about that from anybody. Just so he can boast about it later, if for no other reason.

Elisto losing a module is allowed by Nash, I talked with him earlier and he said it was ok. I was originally going to have Elisto jettison it, but I realized after Gab's post that the edit I made to my original post didn't go through (again it seems..) so Gab's character was never told about the problem Elisto is having.

Ah well, hoping the landing is a good one :p

I saw it, I just figured that the damage wouldn't hinder his ability to land so there was no point in bringing it up. Not to mention that its only if Yaeko saw it. She's in the front of the formation which means she would only see it from technical readings, at which point she would only see the same damage indicator that Elisto saw, which wouldn't be enough to raise alarm for her since he didn't mention having an issue at that point.

Khas, Atsui is not in the Flag Bridge, she made that call from the normal bridge.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back