• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Senate: Defeated #58 - Nekovalkyrja Re-Integration Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Proposal #58
Nekovalkyrja Re-Integration Plan

Purpose:
1. To reduce the percentage of Nekovalkyrja in the Yamatai Star Empire's population. The large-scale wars fought by the Star Army have resulted in a massive increase of the population, almost exclusively in the Nekovalkyrja species. Nekovalkyrja are for the most part good people, but they are designed for war, not for civilian life, and their superiority has causes much discomfort for non-Nekovalkyrja people.

2. To revisit the Geshrin species and create a new "Yamataian" species that will become the new standard race of the Empire, incorporating enough elements of the Nekovalkyrja that NH-22C and NH-17R nekos will not be significantly "downgraded" but doing away with features not needed in everyday life like hemosynthesis (besides healing), stealth, and full anti-gravity control.

Proposal:
1. Create a new genetics agency dedicated to the Nekovalkyrja and disallow any other entity to be involved with modification of Nekovalkyrja genetics.

2. Create a new genetics agency dedicated to the creation and service of the Yamataian (human-like) species.

3. Offer free, easily available upgrades from any other species to Yamataian, possibly through the PANTHEON's nodal system.

4. Gradually phase out the Nekovalkyrja from roles better served by Yamataians (science, medical, and most other jobs, whereas combat and piloting should keep Nekovalkyrja).

5. Dissolve the Nekovalkyrja War Fleets after major combat operations end, and limit all future fleets to under 5,000 starships.

6. Design future Star Army and civilian vessels with Yamataians in mind.

<center>Proposed by Ketsurui Ayame</center>

No. I have problems with items 1, 3, and 4 of the proposal. The main problem I have is with item 4, which states that the nekos will be phased out of jobs that would be better suited to the Yamatains. It was my understanding that the superior qualities of the nekos would make them better suited at any job, than a human. That was, I thought, why the nekos were created, was because they would be less vulnerable to on the job risks (Disease or death), than humans. The other issues are, for item 1, who will be altering the nekos from now on? The nekos themselves? You say there will be no other entity allowed to modify the nekos, so I am guessing this genetic department would be run by the nekos, for the nekos? Item 3 says that free upgrades will be given "From any other species, to the Yamatain", how are you going to enforce this? What if one species doesn't want to give an upgrade to the Yamatain, are you going to attack their planet and force them to?

There are too many vague spots that were not addressed. I would think about changing my vote, once these questions and vague areas are addressed, but for now, I vote no.

This proposal failed but I want to propose it again; therefore, let's address these issues.

It was my understanding that the superior qualities of the nekos would make them better suited at any job, than a human. That was, I thought, why the nekos were created, was because they would be less vulnerable to on the job risks (Disease or death), than humans.
Not all jobs involve risks of death and disease. A Yamataian would be able to perform equal to a Nekovalkyrja in many tasks and occupations.

The other issues are, for item 1, who will be altering the nekos from now on? The nekos themselves? You say there will be no other entity allowed to modify the nekos, so I am guessing this genetic department would be run by the nekos, for the nekos?
I actually had a Ketsurui-run organization in mind. The Ketsurui Clan and the Star Army Research Administration have been overseeing the Nekovalkyrja genetic code since PNUgen gave it up and are soon to be the only Nekovalkyrja manufacturers since WickedArms is being dissolved. This would of course be, as you said, by nekos, for nekos. There's no reason their species should be controlled by another.

Item 3 says that free upgrades will be given "From any other species, to the Yamatain", how are you going to enforce this? What if one species doesn't want to give an upgrade to the Yamatain, are you going to attack their planet and force them to?
Upgrades would be optional. There'd be a lot of benefits to doing so, however.

Hmm I'm for upgrading humans but that doesn't mean neko have to be flushed down the toliet.

I still don't understand why the fleets should be disbanded when they could simply be put into stasis/storage.

I still don't understand why the fleets should be disbanded when they could simply be put into stasis/storage.
Well, I was kind hoping to shift the balance of population from mostly military to mostly civilian.

1. Create a new genetics agency dedicated to the Nekovalkyrja and disallow any other entity to be involved with modification of Nekovalkyrja genetics.

2. Create a new genetics agency dedicated to the creation and service of the Yamataian (human-like) species.

Who/what would the Neko genetics agency be affiliated with? Who woud run this agency? Would this agency be subject to commands and orders from outside sources ie the Empress? (This is badly worded. I may have to come back when I figure out how to say this better.)

Human-like is not specific enough. I would classify the Nekos as "human-like". Would this apply to only Geshrin and Nepleslians? Or would it be all species affiliated with the empire except Nekos?

Who/what would the Neko genetics agency be affiliated with? Who woud run this agency? Would this agency be subject to commands and orders from outside sources ie the Empress? (This is badly worded. I may have to come back when I figure out how to say this better.)
Ketsurui Zaibatsu, since the Ketsurui Clan has become largely synonymous with the Nekovalkyrja leadership. All persons and agencies in the Empire are subject to the commands of the Empress.

Human-like is not specific enough. I would classify the Nekos as "human-like". Would this apply to only Geshrin and Nepleslians? Or would it be all species affiliated with the empire except Nekos?
They'd be very human, based on the Geshrin, but with some of the Nekovalkyrja traits added. Humans as a species, are any of the human-based races (Nepleslians, Geshrin, Elysians, Elves) that can reproduce together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back