• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Interest Check 5th Maintenance & Support Unit

Kai

Retired Staff
After a tremendously long leave of absence, I am once again kicking up dust and trying to get some sort of Roleplay going for the Fifth fleet. Unlike before, however, we won't be in combat. The Fifth Maintenance & Support Unit, or 5th MSU, is a group of technicians, engineers, and other maintainers or maintainer-adjacent personnel who are tasked with keeping the ships, shuttles, fighters, and other machinery of the Fifth fleet in tip top shape, whether it be regular maintenance, repairing broken pieces, or outright recovery and restoration of heavily damaged or destroyed craft. These are the unsung heroes who really keep the Star Army going, allowing the more flashy frontline heroes to do their jobs.

This will start out as an 'open' RP and if we can keep it going hopefully get pulled into a more proper plot and the like.

Types of characters that are needed for this plot areas follows:
05 Star Army Technician
05A Star Army Armorer
05E Star Army Combat Engineer
18P/F Star Army Emergency Services

Please let me know if you are interested and I will post up a thread once I've got 3 solid character bios submitted to me.

Awesome, this is how I would like to see plots form in the future. I will likely pull Takeda Junko from reserves. But I would really prefer to stick Mizumitsu Hiroshiko in. Junko deserves her civilian life I want to RP out.

Either one of those will work perfect for this plot, but as we spoke earlier, it looks like you'll be using Junko to start with.

As an update, I am currently working on my GMPC, and will have that ready by the end of the week, if not earlier. Any other interested parties, please make sure to post Character bios here when you have them, or PM them directly to me if you'd like. Thank you!

So, I don't know if this was clear, but I will be expecting you guys to do your research on systems that exist on our Wiki at the very least for the things we're supposed to be repairing. Also, if you're up for it, feel free to look up real world analogues to the equipment and extrapolate it into sci fi versions, but that extent isn't required. Also the same applies for tools, though I will likely be starting to make articles for some of the tools we use in the near future.

Time to dig into the US Army's manuals. lol

Anything I can do to help this plot out?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back