• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

[7SF] [Shoreleave] The Plum Princess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
Motoyoshi-jo, Yamatai

The jovial celebrations of the Seveth Fleet had rang out steadily as they had returned to Yamatai. When it came to the matter of morale, the steady beat of the Seventh Fleet had been beneficial on the road to Katsuko's recovery. A new tributary base had formed for the Motoyoshi Clan; Yamada, Yamato, Hitomo, Okanaya, joined the older tributaries that were still existent thanks to those who had not followed the foolish doctrine of Koyanagi Mayumi and Motoyoshi Tio. The life of disgrace was like powder upon the face of a geisha, when examined it rubbed off showing only a recovery that marked a very quick internalized solidarity within the fleet. That was the entire point of it.

"The senator had told her to hold her tongue." Misato said, toying with the tips of her skyblue hair that she had recently gotten highlighted bright purple. "Exactly as it has been expected, the narrow sighted world of the politician remains tactless. -- Just the tone he used to say Motoyoshi.." her tone became sarcastic, "...was just darling. You would of thought that he had a clue about what really went on." she chuckled, taking a sip of the sweetened plum wine.

"It wouldn't be the first time that we all wished a clue line had been connected to the senate." Kotoku Sui said, "When the Plum Princess there decided that she was going to try being Empress it was much the same. Any chance they can get to decentralize power, they will take it. Playing off to one special interest group or another." The Chujo leaned back in her chair, looking around the table seeing that new faces had joined them.

"Special interest groups?" Yamada Ayano mockingly questioned, "Being on Yamatai has tamed the mighty Kotoku." she joked, "I'm almost disappointed that you didn't get to toss in another jab at the Nepleslians or Lorath." She made a reach for Sui's glass. "Maybe it is the plum wine. You need a bit more to help loosen those lips a bit."

"Leave poor Sui alone." Misato said, a pout showing on her face in a dramatic manner, "Shes been stuck living here too long. We need to get her on the Densetsu and help her get her fire back." She looked towards Katsuko, who had been silent since they got back. "You alright?" Misato asked, withdrawing herself to a more quieted tone.

" I'm fine." Katsuko said, "Just looking forwards to getting back out there. I'd much rather show our resilience by continuing our duties than giving anymore regard to what politicians have to say." In truth she was more focused on answering communications with the engineers working on their ships than worrying over the tempest of politics. "Plus I have that meeting with Yui tomorrow."

'You work too much...' Misato responded, using the more private telepathic channel to communicate now. 'I can tell you're worried about the beating our name has taken, just try to remember that I and the fleet sees it differently.' Misato looked around, at the other Nekovalkyrja at the table. 'It is good to see everyone pulling together again. It is just too bad that we didn't have the heads of those two little brats to sit on platters at the center of the table.'

Katsuko smiled, 'Not the least bit worried. As for working too much, I could say the same for you.' Katsuko finished her wine and stood up, "Ladies, the hot tub is calling to me. Holding my tongue all day has been exhausting." She then headed towards the door leading to the courtyard.

In Kyoto, the soldiers of the Seventh Fleet occupied nightclubs and restaurants celebrating their victories and enjoying the finest shoreleave had to offer on the Capital Planet while the upper ranking echelon of their command enjoyed the Taisho's hospitality at her newly restored manor.

A new backbone
During: Katsuko's Trip to the Senate

As the feeds from the Senate fed into Motoyoshi-jo's council room, the ranks of the Motoyoshi Clan began to solidify. The fueled words against Katsuko weren't falling on the ears of politicans, but on the soldiers who had served beneath her since she took command of the fleet. They knew the stories, and they now had over a year of exposure to the works of both Katsuko and Misato. They were promised proof that the truth was no longer ammunition, that there was an effort to keep the clan weak, that the opinions were just propaganda and now they had the proof they needed - It didn't matter what was proven, the lies would continue. Now that a Taisho from another fleet was in on it. The game was on.

Ayano, the head of the Yamada Tributary had awaited to pledge to the Motoyoshi. She had been friends with Katsuko for a long time, but held out for the respect of the rest of her supporters. The Chujo of the Seventh Fleet, the Commander of Hotaru Star Fortress sat seething as she watched the feed, "They call her a traitor! Look at them, giving clout to every nation but our own!" Ayano shook her head, "Hotaru's repairs need to hurry, I don't want my personnel exposed to this garbage." Angry was a mild expression of the emotion she felt. "We've been out there fighting, and this is the respect they give." She huffed, and tried to distract herself.

Sui smirked, leaning back in her chair as she swirled the plum wine around in the bottom of her glass. "This is nothing new. When Tio and Kiyoko left to the ..." she refused to even use the name of the outer colonies. "My daughter was killed, and while they still had possession of the fleet - they brought her back and made her a traitor." The green eyed Nekovalkyrja adjusted herself in the chair, putting her feet up on the table. "Now that their little nation hasen't worked out. Some are coming back, being welcomed home and some even back into the Star Army." Sui gave a little laugh, it was hardly anything cheerful. "They grant amnesty for these traitors. Yet the former Empress, the woman who stayed and fought in the war gets treated like a dog." She rolled her eyes, "Makes me wonder if Kiyoko and Tio show up, if they won't roll out the red carpet and give them awards." She was obvious no more dilluted by it all then she had been back in the days of the Bakufu.

"We did our duties. We colonized worlds." a voice came from the direction of the door. Ieyasu Taro had long since retired from the Star Army. The veteran Yamataian unzipped his jacket and tossed it towards one of the chairs. "We were damn good at it too." He hadn't changed much, save maybe the lack of uniform. He had green hair and brown caring eyes and he greeted Sui with a light kiss on her forehead. "So what else is happening?" He looked up at the screen, "Never-mind, I heard enough on my way in." He seen the feed was still on.

Ayano sighed loudly, "Someone turn this crap off. Another minute of it and I might be forced to drive down there and pick her up."

Three Hours Later

After: Katsuko and Yui's Meeting

Katsuko and Misato returned from Kyoto. The sun had already set and the tranquil mountain castle of the Motoyoshi Clan was lit up, casting a warm glow on the surrounding area. Once inside the two parted ways, Katsuko headed towards her private chamber and Misato headed to the council chamber.

Misato entered the council room, a grin on her face.

"What are you so happy about? Last thing I expected was you to be in a good mood." Sui said, removing her lips from Taro's just long enough to talk. He was now sitting under her, looking slightly disarrayed.

"We're going after them." Misato said, having no shame as she leapt up and sat on the table to the right of the deeply involved couple.

"Who? The senate?" Sui laughed, not understanding what the Tiasa was trying to tell them.

Misato shook her head, and gave a light kick at Taro's leg. "Stop sucking face for a minute and listen. This is really important." The former blue-haired Tange then pulled her legs up and sat cross legged on the table. "We are going after Angelica, and then those two little brats." Her expression turned quite serious, and she looked at Taro. "You need to get back in the Star Army." then she looked to Sui, "And you need to get packed."

To be Continued....

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back