• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

A Change of Leadership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler

Inactive Member
"Hmm..." Kai murmured as he sat in the briefing room, just needing a bit of time alone to sort out his thoughts. It bothered him that he was still that news regarding his family; he shrugged it off thinking he'd deal with it when he could have more freetime. But an issue was this investigation, sure it was an honor to command it, but Kai felt that he wasn't up to it; not being one for this though he did his best. ~I should probably go meet with Empress Ayame soon about that psy division soon~ the red-haired young man thought. "Raver, could you please tell Ms. Kikyo to come see me?" He asked the addressed the computer.

Kikyo entered the room shortly. "What is it, Kai?" she asked coldly.

He turned to her, since he wasn't facing her when she walked in. "You really don't need that icy tone." Kai pointed out. "But that's not important; you know that your mother offered me a position in the psionic division of the government and I've decided to take it. I feel that, out of Yuuko and yourself, that you're the best choice to assume command of this investigation." He said. "That is. If you're interested in being in power here."

"Division of the government? I was under the impression it was as commander of a fleet," Kikyo said. "I'll handle it." She crossed her arms over her chest. "So," she asked, "Does this mean you'll be leaving us?"

Kai flicked a bang out of his green eyes as he looked into hers. "Yes it does, I plan to return to Yamatai to address the issues of the offer in person." He said. Kai grinned slightly at her. "I'm glad you accept the responsibility of it, your coldly methodical approach is probably what is needed."

"I do what needs to be done," Kikyo replied. "I will not let Naraku get away," she promised. It was more of a promise to herself than one to Kai. Kikyo was still full of anger from the explosion that had killed her earlier. She imagined the cruel things she'd do to that little fugitive the next time Naraku was in the brig.

Kai, of course, could feel the seething anger from her, but it was her driving force here; and it wouldn't be a good idea to get her to calm down from it. "Good, but don't get so angry at her that you lose focus of your objective; but I doubt that'll happen if what I've read about you is true." Kai said, interlacing his fingers and resting his chin on them.

The door opened and Yuuko stumbled in. "Something's happening in Funky City!" she squeaked. "Creatures popping out of people and dead people shooting everyone!!"

Kai sighed at this development. "That's just great.. great, things go from bad to worse.. Rave, is it possible to put up the shields around this ship to prevent them from getting in?" He said.

Rave's voice answered. "I can raise the GDF shield if you wish."

Yuuko pouted, "They almost got me...I was so freaked out!"

"Do so then." He replied to the computer. Then turned to Kikyo and Yuuko; "Yuuko, Kikyo's been informed of this but this investigation is in her hands from now on. I have business to attend to on Yamatai." he said. Kai's expression softened slightly, seeing her pout; "It'll be ok Yuuko, but do not go out of the ship unless necessasy." He said to her. "Report to the medbay and get checked out, just to be safe."

"Okay, Kai...but shouldn't I go out there and help with my Mindy?" Yuuko asked, tilting her head to the side.

"Get checked out first then talk to Ms. Kikyo here about it." Kai said. "Unless the both of you need anything..else, you're both dismissed." He said, he didn't want to give in to Yuuko's outright cuteness.

Yuuko nodded, bouncing up and down excitedly. She sure loved her armor. Kikyo, on the other hand, was totally down to earth. "Remember to lower the GDF before you walk out so you don't kill yourself," she said.

Kai blushed and averted his eyes from Yuuko's excitedly bouncing chest by looking at the datapad in his hand, sending a request for an aeroshuttle pickup so he could get back to the empire's homeworld.

Yuuko giggled girlishly and ran out of the room toward the medbay. Kikyo gave him a very small nod of courtesy and walked out, too, headed to the bridge.

~That Yuuko's a cute little bundle of energy, while Kikyo is down-to-earth...it'sa good balance.~ Kai smirked at his own thoughts and waited for a response on his request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back