• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

A Final Salute

Star Army family,

In a long-running community like Star Army we’ve been able to build incredible friendships and do awesome things together. We’ve seen members graduate schools, have kids, and have all sorts of life events. We’ve also seen members go through hard times battling diseases, poverty, and other challenges. One of our members has been struggling with an incurable illness and has stopped posting RPs in May and we’ve been wondering how they’re doing. Unfortunately, we’ve got word of some heartbreaking news.

It is with great sadness that we’ve learned that @Yuuki has passed away due to medical causes several months ago, probably around the time they stopped posting.

Yuuki was one of the site’s earliest members, joining in 2005. They were an avid roleplayer who was a wonderful writer and and worldbuilder. They joined in almost all of the Open RP threads early last year and hopefully you got a chance to RP with them. They were also a huge help around the site where they helped approve many wiki submissions. They were positive and friendly and eager to help everyone.

Star Army’s staff has decided that Yuuki’s close friend Andrew will serve as caretaker for Yuuki’s submissions and characters.

We'll miss Yuuki tremendously.

If you have good memories of Yuuki you’d like to share, or would just like to pay your respects, you’re welcome to post them in this thread.

I'm at a loss for words of what to write, it has been this way since I found out.

A part of my life and a part of SARP is missing now, but it will be remembered. She was positively one of the best people I have had the honor of working with on SARP. This desk in a fictional place feels very empty now. She will be missed and remembered. Those of us who are entrusted to her legacy will continue it.

I wish I'd been able to spend more time with Yuuki. I've often thought about her submissions and plot hooks over the last few months and been sad that she wasn't around to do even more.

I always hoped that she'd be back to pick up where she left off. It might have been a few more years in the cryopod or whatever story she decided to explain her absence, but that would have been okay.

I'm sad that we don't get to see her next return. I'm sad that we won't get to see her next ideas. While we all have to deal with the loss, the positive impact and inspiration she has left behind will stay with us all.

I have spent some time in my devastation tonight going through some of the messages from Yuuki in the server and the messages in our DMs and it isn't making this loss any easier. She was a fun, intelligent, imaginative, and caring person that I missed when we stopped talking and miss a lot more now knowing that we didn't stop talking for the reasons I had assumed. I honestly know that Yuuki would have some really thoughtful, wise words to share at a time like this but I don't. I just miss her and am really thankful I was treated to being a part of her thoughts and conversations and vice versa for the time we were. The last time she messaged me, she said she likes to send hearts that match the person's profile picture, so here's one that matches how I viewed her.

u-g-Q13HXYS0.jpg

I always wondered what happen to her and I just thought she got busy with a new project. I thought I'd just see her pop into chat and talk about some awesome new things she had been writing. It saddens me to her that she passed away.

I know I haven't know her as long as others but in the brief window I did was honestly a blessing. Geeking out in chat about her creativity works here on sarp or others was such a positive experience. The advice she use to give too was honestly helpful in so many ways. Always encouraging others to try new things, honestly that energy of hers was contagious. Some of my personal projects I got motivated to do cause of her encouragement.

I was really hoping we'd get another chance to geek out. Though it won't happen in this one, in the next life hope can chat again and catch up on all amazing stuff I know you'll make.

Till then Yuuki.

She was always there to give us a boost of motivation, a new idea around the corner, and always ready to cheer people up. The time I spend with Yuuki is not much, but it does hit me quite a bit and I will miss her presence around her. Her talks were informative, fun, and those hot debates where we end up just smiling about the ideas. We worked closely with many plots and she helped me with the medical and firefighter article updates.

You will be missed Yuuki, because I already do miss you.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back