• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP A Man Lost Amongst Many

Jack Pine

RP Date
6/2/YE41
RP Location
Sirris VI - Obsidian City - Residential District
Mark Tazar awoke, his eyes opening with half his face laying pressed into a pillow. The one eye uncovered looked to the clock and groaned, 6am and he was awake, and on a off day. "Damn you doc, kicking the schedule back in after that fucking appointment yesterday." he mumbled to himself. The man just wanted to sleep through any day he wasn't working, otherwise it was a pointless day in his mind. Any day he wasn't working, then he was doing nothing. Curse of living into the marine lifestyle, something that stuck as a hard set routine even after he left. Clambering out of bed, he made his way into the shower, and washed up before getting dressed.

Dressed in jeans, boots, a grey t-shirt, and a old hooded military style jacket was the outfit for the day along with a P2 Wraith holstered in the back of his waistband as usual. Stuffing his keys, wallet, and phone into his pockets, Mark made his way into the kitchen to grab breakfast. Opening the fridge however, made it clear that he had neglected to buy groceries yesterday while out. Only a lonely can of plasma jet glowed in the back of the barren fridge. Guess he was hitting the pizza place on Seraph street then. So out the door he went, making a quick trip to the elevator with his long legs, and taking it down to the garage. As usual his Raven started up upon approach as it sensed the Geist implant in his neck, before sliding into the sports car.

Pulling out of the garage, he cruised the streets, not having any urge to rush and to just laze in the way he did everything today. Void did he hate days off, always just a reminder he had no life outside his days on duty. Pulling into the Kikyo Pie Company drive through, he ordered a couple slices, then drove over to the park. Bored, Mark just parked in the side lot, and sat on the hood of his car eating, watching the park as everyone from families to couples enjoyed their day even this early in the morning. The man didn't exactly have any friends, not any that were left anyways, their names for the most part having been added to the list long ago. He idly rubbed his side, feeling sore from the newest additions, thinking solemnly how the list always grew longer and longer.

Nova sat on the back of her DR1 as she waited for Mark to leave his house. Hopefully he would. Her job would be so much easier if he did. Shifting a bit in her seat she adjusted her gloves. Today she was wearing a set of civilian clothes: a pair of jeans, boots, and a light green t-shirt under a black riding jacket. When she finally saw him exit she smiled and started her bike, easily slipping in a few cars behind him.

Following him wasn’t all that hard. The bike was fast enough and more than maneuverable enough to keep up with him, but it was where he went that made her worried. Slowing to a stop at the far end of the lot she watched as he got out of his car and started to eat on the hood of his car. Why did he come here? Why was he just watching the people in the park from the outside? This didn’t seem normal to her.

Looking back down at her bike she let out a small breath before turning it off and putting the keys in her pocket. Then slowly, she got off her bike and made her way over to him. Once she got a few feat away from the side of his car she held up a hand and said, “Hey,”

At first he didn't respond immediately, the voice saying hey sounded familiar, but wasn't expecting it to be for him. The hand is what caught his attention really, his gaze drifting to the woman, "Hello Miss Decus, forgive the slowness. Most people don't seek my attention outside of work.....so uh, is there something you need from me?" he replied before clearing his throat awkwardly to ask if something was needed. He shifted uncomfortably on the car hood, rear asleep from how long he'd already been there. Instead he opted to sit on it fully, scooting back as he did to have a proper seat that wasn't simply leaning on it. Was a little warm with it's dark black paintjob, never having bothered getting a different finish, the sun having warmed it on this fine day. Something about this nagged at him.

As he shifted positions her eyes moved to his torso. It wasn’t something she’d planned on doing, but she couldn’t help herself. Knowing that under the jacket and shirt were signs of so much pain. Shaking her head she smiled, forcing herself to look him in the face. “Please Mr. Tazar. We’re of duty, call me Nova.” Motioning to his hood she moved closer before saying, “I hope you don’t mind. I was in the area and saw you. You looked a bit lonely so I thought I would join you. I hope you don’t mind.” There was a part of her that didn’t want to lie to him. To not only tell him flat out that she had followed him, but why she had. In fact a part of her wanted to throttle him for what he was doing to his body, but that wasn’t how you dealt with people. No, people were delicate and if you pushed them too far they could break. This was something that had to be handled carefully.

Mark frowned slightly, but slid over without replying immediately again. He was careful to not move in a way that would rub him wrong again, while also trying to make the adjustment seem natural. "I'd be rude to say no Miss De-...Nova. Anyways, you'll find me here if off duty and out and about. Only place I ever visit to be honest. Not much else for me to do." he explained after correcting himself midway through being formal. In honest, if he had known of her urge to deck him, he would have preferred it to this. It felt awkward to have some woman he barely knew sitting on his car hood by him, not used to the interaction in and of itself. He was indeed a fragile being, his body surprisingly resilient even for a human male. The warrant officer had been through a lot in his still somewhat young life, only being in his mid twenties, he had scars for just about every mission and tour.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back