• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

A new challenger has appeared

Revais

Inactive Member
What do you call yourself?: Revais, though Rev is fine.

How'd you find Star Army?: TVTropes, oddly enough.

What interested you in joining?: Well, I love scifi and Role playing and a need a new fix for both.

Ever done this text-based roleplaying thing before?: Yup, I got started when back when Valenth was a thing, then a girlfriend introduced me to a skype RP/DnD group, and then I got really into RPing on Star Trek online for good long while till our enormous alliance fell apart.

Any previous experiences you want to share?: Were I to share anything it'd probably be something abridged from my star trek days; I was playing a character who was a medical officer that carried himself like an old west doctor and, at the time, was bearing his soul to help console a dear friend who had done everything she could to keep a space station from being overrun by borg but was, inevitably, forced to destroy the station before a full evacuation.

" It's why they call 'em tough choices, kid." he said, gingerly tugging a stool within inches of Gloria's bedside." You can't look at it through the people you lost, believe me, they'd rather be dead than let that swarm fester. You've saved more lives than I could, you're a hero...I should know, I'm as close to the opposite as you can get." Revya pulls an old plasma pistol from his coat, it's grip seemingly molded to his hand, his eyes, unblinking, never stray from it. "Me and this cursed thing...we've killed more people than you ever could, killed more people than I could ever save. Hell, every now and then, I wish it killed me, almost did a few times." His words hang for what feels an eternity before his eyes and tone shift, one locked on to Gloria's, the other filled with gruff resolve. " But I'm still standing, I'm still trying. Kid, you're a hero, you're something folks hope for, at least you are to this old sinner."

Now for the questionnaire! Except not really. As I was filling it out I realized all my answers were basically "I've done a bit of both so I'm up for anything," make of that what you will.

On a scale of 1 to 3, what's your preferred level of these in your RP:
  • Language: 3
  • Violence: 2
  • Sexuality: 2
What's something cool you'd love to RP? Admittedly I do have a bit of a soft spot for some good, old fashioned, space horror. Maye some Cthulhoid entities, maybe an AI running a space station going rampant, assuming itself a god, and 'augmenting' it's population.

Last edited:
Hey there, I'm on my phone so I'll make this quick:

Hi!

Check out the wiki up there ^

Come say hi in chat!

What is your preferred DnD class?

And do you still play start trek online? I stopped in season 1 but the game does have a following around here.

Let me address those in order.

Hello!

I've got 12 and counting wiki pages open at the moment.

I'll drop by the chat as soon as I take a brake from wiki bingeing.

When it comes to DnD I tend to to favor Wizards. I love the insane batman scheming I get into when playing the squishtastic spell machine.

I don't play STO anymore. I stopped playing about a year ago when my old RP alliance monstrosity, the IFAF changed hands and kinda fell apart. Though one of my oldest friends from the game is trying to get me back on so I might come back to it.

Star Army's wiki is rather TVtropes-like in that it's large enough and detailed enough that you can start looking at one thing, then follow a link, and then 2 hours later you're like "how did I get here?"

Welcome about!

I don't recall we have anything that remotely resembles a horror space RP that is active right now (I might be wrong), but hey, in due time someone will bring up a plot. In the mean while, feel free to check around the open plots as of current!

And hey, if you stick around long enough and get used to this place, maybe you can give thought to GMing your own plot.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back