• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP A New Life

Alex Hart

FM of NDC
🎖️ Game Master
RP Date
Early Sangatsu, YE 42
RP Location
Sirris VI
Sirris VI
Patton Farm

The little truck gathered its flock of dust particles around it as it stopped and parked, the midday sun illuminating the building before it: A simple, wooden farmhouse, fabricated in a few hours and barely 10 meters long. It was... Well, it was a building, barely more than an apartment really, but that didn't matter.

"...and I'm sure the furniture is about the same, too," Araxie continued as she opened her door and slid out, wings unfurling to stretch out - something she was still getting used to after her year-long recluse lifestyle. "This place doesn't look too bad, actually. I'd even say it looks great! What do you think, Alex?"

Alex slipped out of the car, and squinted in the harsh light of the noon, bringing his eyes up to shade him as he looked around. The land surrounding the area, and the capital city of the NDC, was mostly flat and fertile, though during dry spells, it could become dusty - and under the heat of the noontime sun, the environment was not all too different from the planet that he and Araxie had previously called home.

He moved towards the house, looking at the covered porch. "It certainly seems to be built robustly. If it's got all of the utilities and furniture like the last place, it would be ideal. I like that it's further away from the city than the last one."

"Yeah, it's so much quieter..." A shoulder de-stiffened, Arx continued, "I left the papers in the car but we can figure it out by walking inside, anyways. Still have the keys?" The elysian asked, half-jogging to catch up with the man as he stepped onto the porch.

Alex fished a hand into his pocket and then pulled out a keyring. "It should be one of these." He said as he approached the door. He then attempted to unlock it, though the first few attempts were unsuccessful. Finally, he got the right key for the house, and the door swung open.

"Home, sweet home... Maybe?" Araxie asked tentatively, as she followed her boyfriend into the entrance; a little living room with a sofa opened to their right, while the hallway they were in continued back to a kitchen. Arx's fingers massaged Alex's shoulder. "Looks like they shuffled the rooms a bit."

Alex looked around for a moment, wiping the dust off of his shoes at the enterance mat. "They must prefabricate the rooms and a few variants of the house frames and just place them inside." He mused, as he looked around at the furniture as Araxie nodded in agreement. "What should we look at first?"

"Let's go counter-clockwise, starting here!" Taking care to not track much dust in herself, the Elysian brought herself to the center of the living room; opposite of the sofa with its back to the windowed wall was a television set, its screen black. A tan, cheap carpet formed the floor for everywhere except the tiny fireplace at the far wall. "They really weren't kidding when they said these were perfect for two people, heheh!" Araxie joked as she spun around slowly, heading to the other door in the room - leading further into the little accomidation. "I like the living room being up front, though..."

Alex felt the couch cushions for a moment, before making his way towads where Araxie stood. "And what's in here?" He asked, as he attempted to peek past her further into the house.

To his immediate left, Alex peered into a little half-bath. The toilet faced the sink directly, which Araxie commented on with a chuckle and the term "Poopface". Direclty ahead was the back-end of the kitchen, refridgerator and oven-range in view, and a short hall towards the right with a couple doors in it - likely a closet and bedroom.

Alex looked into the kitchen, catching a peek of the counters and cupboards for a moment, then looked back towards the small hall to the right. "Say, what do you think is down that hall?" He asked, pointing down the hall.

"I'm going to guess the bedroom? I think that would be the right place for it, at least. And maybe the other is an office," she continued as she pointed to the right-hand door, stepping forward and nudging it open with her hand. Similar carpet furnished the small room, its lone window filtering light from the front yard. A faux wood desk and wooden chair were against one wall, though it seemed that the couple would need to source their own computer. Opposite was indeed the master bedroom, complete with a bath on the opposite side of the office's wall.

Alex made his way into the office, running his hand along one of the shelves, brushing off some of the dust that had accumilated as the house had sat vacant. "It's certainly very cozy." He said, as he looked into the bathroom. The tiles on the floor were not the often seen clinical white variety, but were instead slightly more colorful pieces of well cut local rock, polished to a sheen.

Alex then made his way into the bedroom itself, sitting down at the foot of the bed. "Wow!" He commented, beckoning for Araxie to try the bed out too, "This is a lot better than I would have expected for a prefab house."

"Oh?" The birb asked as she stepped in, sitting beside him and sinking slightly into the mattress. "Well shit, haven't had a bed this comfy in years!" She cheered as her hand snuck up to Alex's shoulder again, starting its habitual massage. "Not a bad view, either," Araxie continued as she noted the windows upon the fallow, idle land. She took a few moments to just... Breathe, and think. Think, and breate. Breathe, and breathe. She kissed Alex. "What do you think, hun?"

Alex thought for a moment, not just about the house, but about the new community that they had joined. Like the house that he and Araxie were currently inside, the New Dusk Conclave was rough around the edges, and in some ways a bit lacking in creature comforts, but both had a certain charm.

"It might not exactly be the most spacious or luxurious, but I like it." He spoke aloud as he concluded his thoughts, ruffling Araxie's brown and almost gold hair in response to the kiss.

"Good," the angel whispered into Alex's ear. Her hair still felt thinned and a bit weak, unlike the formidably luxurious texture it'd had over a year ago, but it would make a comeback. They would make a comeback. "It ticks every mark on our list! And the ground looks pretty good for expansion if we wanna~"

Alex looked out of the bedroom's reasonably sized window in thought. "A garage might be nice. Do you think they have sandstorms here too?"

Araxie didn't hesitate to respond, "Even if they do, it's nothing like what we had going on back on six-oh-four. I wonder if they have weather monitoring set up for that? I didn't see any," she trailed off for a moment, then remembered the other thing her boyfriend had mentioned. "A garage is nice, especially so we have a safe place to put everything. After all, using a garage - ah, why am I mentioning this, of course you know that!" She cheerfully claimed, wrapping one wing around Alex's back to draw him into a tight, comfortable hug, with the peck of her sweet lips on his cheek while she did it.

Alex returned Araxie's affection with a laugh, wrapping one arm around her other shoulder, and giving an affectionate squeeze. "So, what now? Send the Housing Department a notice that we've decided?" Alex looked out the window, where the car was just barely visible. The majority of what relatively few possesions they currently had were loaded into that. He let out a sigh. "I'm so glad to have somewhere to call home again."

"Mmmmmm... Yeah, where we can settle down for a while... Permanently?" A pause precered her confirmation, "I'll let them know in a couple minutes, and we can return the other keys later, too. How do you feel?" The hummingbird pulled away from Alex just enough to look him in the eye, her soft mirror-like irises flashing in the sunlight filtering through the window.

Alex frowned a little, "I'm a bit nervous.It's a whole new planet, and I'm still trying to catch up to all the news about the rest of the sector, but things are looking really uncertain." He sighed, and flopped onto his back. "I don't want to have to fight again." He reached around to the back of his neck, and felt the implant there, "I don't want to have to use this again."

Something warm covered Alex's front - a wing. "I don't want you to, either." As she lay down next to him, Araxie cooed softly, "Which is why I think farmixng is our best choice. You don't need that out here..." Her fingers eclipsed Alex's behind his neck, and held on. "I don't want you to worry about what's going on out there right now. Not like that, anyways. Okay?"

Alex exhaled a little, almost in relief. "It's going to be a big change from worrying about an entire planet." He mused, as he intertwined his hand with Araxie's. "Handling the day to day affairs of a household and farm seems so different to what we were doing before, but I'm sure we can manage it together." He said, a smile growing as he imagined the day to day life they would soon begin.

Araxie yawned, her mouth opening widely to make that adorable little sigh-squeak Alex knew well. "Mm-hm! If anyone can learn fast, we can!" She cuddled closely to Alex, her warm body holding him close. "Mmmm... I love you, Alex..." she mumbled quietly.

Alex hummed happily as he placed a kiss on Araxie's forehead. "I love you too, Araxie." He said, as he found his other hand stroking her head absentmindedly. He hummed happily, remembering their old life on Osman. Over time, his smile seemed to fade slightly.

Nighttime

Araxie drew in a sharp breath, her eyes fluttering awake - the sound of alien insects chirping in the night filled her ears. She concentrated for a moment to make it stop so she could remember what just happened. She was here, cuddling with Alex and then... Heh, I guess we fell asleep. Probably should let Jack know, she thought as she sat up gingerly, uncovering her boyfriend from underneath her wing-turned-blanket.

She slid out ot bed after giving the young man a kiss on his cheek, opting to not wake him up if she could avoid it, and crept out of the room, the supporting beams beneath the fresh carpet squeaking ever so softly under her feet. Back in the kitchen, she leaned her rear end against the counter and lifted up her datapad, the brightened screen blinding her for but a second. She pulled up her email and started composing, sending a message to Jack and the lead of the Housing Department. She listed the address of the house and mentioned how the two of them loved it so much that they'd managed to accidentally fall asleep in the bed - hence the delay of their return. She rounded off the email with another apology for the inconvenience, many thanks for the generosity, and that she'd return the other houses' keys by tomorrow.

Araxie scratched an itchy spot of her cheek, just in front of the jawbone, then looked around. She didn't quite recall the last time she'd had this much space to live in, it would be something to get used to for sure.

A few minutes after Araxie rose, Alex began to stir. He was not yet accustomed to having long periods of sleep, the year of imprisonment having changed his sleeping habits to that of many small restless naps. As he rose from the bed and made his way over to the blue-winged Elysian, he whispered, "Araxie? Is everything okay?"

When the young man made his presence known, Aradia jumped and gasped, "Ah- Oh, Alex... You spooked me a bit, hun..." Transitioning into a kiss, she set her pad on the faux stone counter. "I was sending a letter to Jack and Helen, letting them know what we were up to. Didn't exactly expect to fall asleep," she teased with a grin.

"Neither did I" Alex confessed, "I haven't been sleeping very well since Jack's people rescued me. I think this place might be just familiar enough to really help both of us readjust to... you know, normal life."

The gentle, moonlit arms of the angelic woman embraed Alex's damaged, body with a surprising strength; he felt warm, comfortable from it...

"Yup... Just," Araxie stopped, thinking of what to say next.

"Time to be normal, yeah... Really is all there is to it, being normal..."

Alex picked Araxie up, not an incredibly hard task given the general lightness of the Elysian species, and spun her around a little before slowing down and stopping, with a funny look on his face. "I hadn't considered this yet, but what is being normal like?" He asked.

The smile, which quickly took over the chocolate-and-honey-haired woman's face, wavered, and dropped to a surprised, but still pretty cute face. Her eyebrows waggled and furrowed before Araxie spoke, "Honestly? It's not as bad as people like to make it sound, taking life a couple days at a time. Getting a routine, shaking it up on the weekends, y'know- well, you will."

The hummingbird nuzzled close to Alex, kissing him on the chin, his prickly stubble tickling her lips as she did. "We're going to have plenty of time to find out, for sure, hun!"

Alex kissed Araxie on the forehead in return, looking out the kitchen window afterwards. The three moons provided dim illumination of the landscape, and in the distance, the lights of Obisidan City glittered.

"I hope so. This place is so much more beautiful than Osman, look at the lights." He said, as he made his way over to the window, opened it, and leaned out slightly, breathing deeply and enjoying the novelty of fresh air.

"Yeah... When was the last time either of us have seen woods? A couple years?" Keeping her arm laced firmly around Alex's waist, Araxie took a deep, fresh breath. "Now, there's some right outside the house..."

"It'll be nice to see some that aren't on fire or dead." Alex commented, as he pulled his head back inside. "Well, we're both up now. Should we try and go back to sleep, or do some work?"

"Sleeping... Sounds good, I think we'll need a lot of energy in the next few days, Alex." Serai's voice came in slowly, and she smiled again as she turned to look her boyfriend in the eyes. With his subtle nod, she put her pad down and led her boyfriend back to the bed by the arm.

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back