• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

A note/suggestions to Star Army Creators

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
Just a note to creators,

Some of us have been casually talking about submissions we have come across during our quest to update the struct. I wanted to remind creators of a few things.

1. After a product is approved, the history of that product should continue to receive updates; (Things like the names of notable ships of the class, information about where these things have been used in RP with footnote references to the RPs, etc) these are considered minor updates and don't require resubmission.
  2. Creators should use full sentences and paragraphs whenever possible; (avoid long not needed bullet lists (bullets are fine when they have actual sentences!), use tables to present at-a-glance data, don't just blindly link in pages of subsystems and interiors, try to give them at least a couple of sentences of description, etc) - These are things we're trying to get into the template updates to improve the look of these pages in terms of our community's image and aesthetics too.
  3. Avoid not needed subpages (essentially try to avoid the creation of stub articles)
  4. It is not a requirement yet, but try to add guides and instructions to help players understand the product. A lot of the time a barrier new players face when picking up a weapon, item, is knowing how to use it.
  5. It never hurts to add art! We have artists in the house like @KoreHytaria who are willing to help out with adding images to things.
  6. If something is old and predates a template but is in active use, update it to the current template.
Don't forget to add struct to articles - Rawolfe!
History snapshots - How is a ship doing? notable ships? Major battles and links to timeline events? - Wes!
Thank you.

Last edited:
One thing I've been trying to do with Star Army ships is update the history section at least once a year like I do with my NPC characters. I briefly talk about how the ship is doing in the Star Army (like is it popular with crews? Was it featured in any major battles?) and I mention how many were in service, basically making a snapshot like (At the start of YE 43, there were 5 in Fifth fleet and 1 in First Fleet). A good example you can see for yourself is the history of the Nibasha-class freighter.

And don't forget to add the structs to the articles :) it helps to filter the wiki quite well and gives good direction for new and old players to get an article quicker <3

I'm adding the good responses as little quotes in my main post. Just FYI!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back