• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

A Whole New World~

Status
Not open for further replies.
#Ohh, operators sound cool. If they need any first hand experience, I'll lend my expertise. I enjoy my current state of being enough to want to share it with others# Egwene replied. The idea of more people like her was a good one, maybe she could get her fingers in and have scientists mull over a better frame. While her's worked, it was something she needed, so there were some corners cut here and there.

#A good scientist is always excellent to talk to. I have a lot in my head I'd like to share with another. Especially about the quantum curvature muon fusion reactor#

Ceilia paused mid-digging stroke, her large machine that currently was her being, turning it's armored head towards her. "The curvy moaning what? I don't think I heard you right, can you explain please?", she asked as she found what was said, frankly hard for even her to understand. If her cheeks were still connected to her mind, they would have probably reddened from what her mind had somehow translated what her receptors heard, to what she thought she heard. Of course, the previous topic of discussion, might had something to contribute to such a dirty and crass line of misunderstanding. Realizing she had momentarily stopped, went back to digging while also tuning her radio receptors to hear Eqwene said, as she waited for the explanation.

#Bahahaha~ someone's mind is in the gutter. I make marital aids on the side, you know? If you ever feel lonely# Egwene teased, her microphone being modified to be tantalizingly close and sensual ASMR.

And then, it returned to normal.
#Alright, brace yourself for science because i'm going to knock your panties off. Quantum Foam is a fluctuation of spacetime on very small scales due to quantum mechanics. There is a power pack that uses this fluctuation to provide incredible power to their weaponry. The approach and departure from the place where this foam resides, the Planck Length, is called the Quantum Curvature. I intend to use the foam that can be found in this approach and departure from to enhance the pull rate of muons - which are tiny, exceptionally massive particles that can undergo cold fusion - so that the fusion is enacted some thirty thousand percent more often, which means that much more energy.

Though, that kind of power is going to incredibly go to waste if the reactor and the frame it is feeding into can't handle the wattage and ampage. Which, currently, it can't. But, one step at a time#

Last edited:
"Send me a catalogue and also don't threaten we with removing those, I already want you too and I can't you tease!" Ceilia called back indignantly as Eqwene sought to tease the already restless woman. It was no fair that her current want for intimacy left her vulnerable to such antics, but she tried to shove those down as much as possible, thinking instead on what she'd just been told to the best of her ability. A moment of confusion wiped her embarrassment away even as this idea sounded very familiar somehow, "Wait, is this the same thing as quantum foam? There are power cells invented with something called quantum foam a couple years ago, are you sure they aren't the same thing?"

#They are the same sort of concept, but not the same exactly. It comes from the power cells that use quantum foam as their energy source, but I am not just after power. I specifically want muon-catalysed fusion because it's the core of my whole thing. It's what I am currently using to fly, and if I got rid of them I'd need to find another source of mach-capable infinite fuel atmospheric and void-capable propellant that also doubles as a formidable weapon. So you can guess why I like the Muons so much#

"So all in one power, fuel, and munition. Sounds a lot more efficient then my country's plasma based technology. Though your stuff sounds a lot more complicated and expensive to be honest.", Ceilia replied as she moved on to the next rock. The collected ore were tossed into madite nets attached to the machine's waist, slowly filling as the AI girls mechanized shell continued it's work.

It was a small side note, but one that came up as part of her attention was divided to the sensor array. There was a surprising lack of derelict junk, and other left behind debris. Usually asteroid belts tended to somehow act as a systems catch for space junk sometimes. In the decades the sector was colonized, so much had been thrown around that it was almost hard to find a belt with nothing but rock in it.

#Yea, there is a reason I am not mass producing it. It's got personal convenience but on a macroscale it can't hold up to multiple lesser components in price. I could potentially use a Plasma Reactor for the same, but I don't know how a Plasma Drive would react in the atmosphere and I don't want to start any fires while taking off. So I stick with what I got because it works, and work on fixing that up#

Egwene would finally finish up taking everything important from this rock and head back to the ship to dock with it. Ceilia was bigger, so had a larger net, and could hang around for longer.

"My systems run on it, and will do so for about a month before I have to replace the cores. Much like the technology of my people, who could use help in research and such." Ceilia answered as more was shuffled into said nets. The possessor may not have been the most efficient tool for the job, but it was arguably the most versatile to use. Armored digits to cleave rock away and dig quickly. Bit messy in total, but certainly helped save time, her almost full nets were testament too.

She added after a moment, "They are always looking for new ideas, and would certainly compensate for them fairly. Plus maybe even a few contracts for side work? Good funding for you, and we could hang out more, which wourld be aweso-.." The machine stopped suddenly, before its head module turned towards a far away part of the nearby belt. Something had just briefly pinged on her sensors, something that was admittedly spotty and hindered by the belt. However something had indeed passed into one of those beams of far seeing digital sight.

#Funnily enough, my systems also last a month before I have to replace the cores. But yea, always down to flirt and meet new people# Egwene replied, before getting a beep. Her suit had electromagnetic and subatomic emitters that were not at all subtle, but cast a wide and detailed net for their troubles. And that allowed her to pick up on something moving about out there. Trying to hide, so clearly not a miner or anything. She sent the net back to the ship via her mining drone - space was great for having tiny things tug massive objects - and move in, sliding up to the nearby rock and scooting her way over.

They'd be able to see her on the scanner, but not being able to draw line of sight would hamper the ability to do anything about it.
#Few Corvettes moving in, not broadcasting transponder signals at all, so can only assume they have decidedly untowards plans...# Egwene told Ceilia, being very obvious and open on the scanners to make sure that they beelined for her so Ceilia could flank around and hit them. Good as her suit was on the ground, it wasn't exactly designed for dogfighting starships, even small ships like Corvettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back