• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Abwehran Restoration Project

Would you like to see the Abwehran faction active again?

• Yes

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters

Syaoran

Retired Staff
As some of you might have heard, the Abwehran faction is currently in danger due to inactivity. In order to save the key pages have to be updated to current standards and everything properly organized. The faction also needs to find a more solid place in setting and given some direction. So what am I posting here for? Well @Semjax and I plan to get this restoration done as best we can, but the image I have of the Abwehran faction is not monolithic, it's a mosaic, several small images coming together to make a larger one.

As such those who want to be involved I'd like them to speak up early, so we can see who wants in and we can try to incorporate ideas in early while we try to get this restoration done so everything is in motion when it's time to get the Plots starting.

I'm attaching a response to this beyond the vote because my answer isn't a straight binary black an white.

I'm saying yes that I would like to see them active again, but I honestly have no intention of playing one myself.

The reason I want to see them active is because I enjoy seeing diversity in the setting and feel that it makes SARP more compelling as a whole to have a variety of species present in the universe that we play in. It is one of the most enjoyable things to read a GM post or participate in a JP and have the streets populated by a mixture of races each pursuing their goals as real people would in an interstellar society.

Given that the alternative is basically hand-waving away a race that has occupied local space and added to the diversity, I would much rather see something done with them than cut off a portion of the setting that work had been put into just because there isn't enough surface activity going on with them. We as a community should endeavour to cultivate the setting pieces we have instead of sweeping them aside at a whim even if they remain as an NPC faction. This will lead to a much more interesting and varied setting that will draw people in with how vibrant and diverse it is.

So, if a plot involving the Abwehran faction comes to pass, I'll be glad to see people having fun writing the race. If not I'll look forward to seeing them in the plots I participate or write in the future even if as NPCs and faces in a crowd.

@Syaoran - How goes a project like this? I know I made space doggo, but maybe we should get this pot boiling a bit for a facelift to the Abwehran dooders.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back