• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission Abwheran Bulk Submission

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'm approaching these submissions similar to the DRv3 Updates - update the things that make sense to get the articles more format-compliant, but try not to be onerous about adding new details that weren't present. That in mind, I'm calling out issues I've noticed to help with future submissions like this one. Where I felt comfortable, I've made corrections for you and will point those out.

There's a red link in the first paragraph. Not sure if that's due to the ongoing deletions or what, but please address it in whatever fashion makes sense.

1585073952706.png

For Jaspis, there's a handful of minor formatting errors related to image alignment, like these:
1585073167638.png
I've fixed these for you.

There's a general lack of descriptive text for each planet. The lack of a description means that in many cases an image is the first thing after a header, which breaks our formatting rules. Given the circumstances, I think this is acceptable. For the asteroids, I was able to rearrange things to make it compliant.

An opportunity for improvement, but not required, would be to give the 'Celestial Data' section a brief intro and put a single copy of the asteroid image beneath it. Then the various belts and trojans beneath it wouldn't look so repetitive.

The 'Population Statistics' section lists '000' as the approximate total population, but some of the planets/planetoids have a population listed greater than that. This section is also not part of the template. I'd suggest removing that first table and the 'Major Features' subsections, as neither has important information that can't be found elsewhere in the article.

The 'Rumors and Events' section is just boiler plate and should probably be removed unless you have some ideas of content to add to it. It's no longer on the Star System template.

That covers all the things that I think need to be addressed before I give this the thumbs up. Thanks for taking the time to make these updates, Alex!

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about the Abwherans as a whole to add descriptive text for these, though each planet has its own article. I can fix the formatting issues if I come across any more though. The redlink is something that did get deleted, but it was a stub, so I'm not sure what to do for that.

All good. I don't expect the text to be added, just calling out that it breaks the rule and I'm willing to give it a pass.

Maybe for now we delink the stub? I'm not gonna have you make a replacement article, so I think it's the most graceful way to fix it?

Once you've made those changes and fixed the more general formatting/empty content stuff I called out, I'll give this the go-ahead.

Thanks again.

Took a look at the Civilian Orbital Space Station. I made a few small fixes, like adding bullets to the dimensions section and removing some numbers from headers that aren't necessary.

Can you give the station a Tier while we're at it? I'm thinking 15, since it's larger than the Zodiac-class and that's where we top out at.

Approval pending that change.

Fegefeuer appeared and was actively described (with Syaoran as a helper) in my plot ISS Shinpi. The thread should still be archived in the plot page; might help with rebuilding/fleshing its page out.

For the ones that have planet pages, unless it's a well fleshed out and large page, you and probably condense it and put that information on the system page. (Like Japis I) When teh Abwehran articles were originally made they took the principle to seperate pages whenever they could, even if they didn't need to.

@Alex Hart Hey Alex- do you want to add the Tier or should I? I think this wraps up after that's done, but I'll still need to run it through the list.

@Legix and @Syaoran If you'd like to make those edits, please do so! The extra details and consistent formatting would be great. As this is mostly an update to keep the article from being removed, I won't hold Alex to doing that as part of the approval requirements.

I actually added the tier a week or two ago, I just forgot to say anything. Being an FM again on top of school keeps me pretty busy now.

Hello! Let's see if these submissions meet the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

Jaspis

[ ✅ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✅ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✅ ] 3. The article follows our wiki-style guidelines, including No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✅ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✅ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate and are not broken
[ ✅ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✅ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✅ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✅ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✅ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Oase

[ ✅ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✅ ] 3. The article follows our wiki-style guidelines, including No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✅ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate and are not broken
[ ✅ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✅ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✅ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✅ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✅ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Civilian Orbital Space Station

All three are approved and will be updated accordingly. Thanks, Alex!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back