• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Implemented Add Current Plot as a Struct Field for Character Database

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
This is a suggestion to myself basically to add plot as a struct field. The point of this would be to allow lists of characters to be made even when the plot is full of characters from different factions. Currently it's easy to make a list of characters that are all assigned to the same place (by using the Star Army Personnel database, the Nep Personnel one, or the NDC personnel one) or located in the same place (by current location) but not by plot. The field would be an auto-filling wiki PAGE field limited to pages in the PLOT namespace or it could be a LOOKUP field that connects to the PLOTS struct and gives a dropdown selection by plot name or page name. The purpose of this selection is to make it easier to make international cross-faction plots. It also may help for exchange officers in non-native-faction plots.

If you like this suggestion, please give it your upvote.

As always, Star Army welcomes your ideas and suggestions so post them if you got them.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
This is now implemented and live!

I set it up to be a LOOKUP field that looks up a list of PAGE TITLES from the PLOTS schema, and it's a MULTI. This means that you get a list of plots to pick from and that list is automatically updated based on the struct from pages in the plot namespace. It means you can pick more than one plot if you need to. This will make it really easy in the future to pull of list of every character who appeared in a plot, regardless of faction.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back