• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Closed Add something similar to the voting here to the Setting Discussion forum.

These suggestions have been dropped by the suggestor or rejected by staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soban

Convention Veteran
And perhaps make it optional, as not all threads need a vote. I feel like this is more a place for discussion about the technical aspects of the site rather than lore/wiki ideas and suggestions. Which are more appropriate to the forum for discussing the forum.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
The suggestions forum is kind of a trial for the voting thing, and if people like it we may consider adding voting to things like setting submissions or art threads so the most popular ones rise up like the suggestions so. The suggestions forum is kind of a way for staff to see what's popular on SARP and prioritize what we're working on using that as as a guide.

That said, the Setting Discussion forum is for discussions and questions about the setting so it's best served by being a discussion forum (typical forum layout) or perhaps we could add Q&A topics (people post questions and the answers can be voted on, like StackExchange).

Use of the suggestions forum is not limited to technical stuff. It's for anything anyone wants to suggest ideas to the staff, whether that's updating an old article that's out of date, or asking us to add a wiki article about beer. May the best ideas rise to the top.

I upvoted because there are times I go "is this beneficial to the setting? do we need this?" and one person asking that question isn't always enough. If the reviewer could opt into the voting system, I'd be down.

Reactions: Wes
I upvoted because there are times I go "is this beneficial to the setting? do we need this?" and one person asking that question isn't always enough. If the reviewer could opt into the voting system, I'd be down.
So you'd like it in setting submissions but not setting discussion?

I've implemented voting in the setting submissions forum as a trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back