• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Adding a station to a pre-existing system.

Alex Hart

FM of NDC
🎖️ Game Master
So I've been informed that for a newspost that @ArsenicJohn is trying to make to be cannon, there needs to be a station in the SX-05 system, and I was wondering how to go about adding a small independent space station to one of its planetoid belts.

*slides an IIS business card over*
We do stations ;)

You might want to get some threads moved out of Open RP into a subforum lowkey so everything is 100% unquestionably canon. From my understanding Open RP is not technically canon hence the "open" tag?

Open RP is canon.

If you want it to be a place of note that people should pay attention to, submit an article about it. If it's just plot history and you don't really care if anyone ever writes about the location again then simply put it in your plot history page and don't worry about it.

Open RP may be canon but the station in SX-05 is not hard canon until it's on the wiki iirc. I removed the mention of SX-05, but I was under the impression an event that occurs somewhere that isn't approved is non-canon or soft canon at least until the place is approved.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a few deep space dungeons that the Eucharis has visited in RP that are only on the wiki due to the ship's history page. Just the other day, Wes suggested that I add some RP I'd done with the Vordachibeans to their species page, but didn't ask that I go and make a page about the nameless planet and system the characters had visited.

What I am saying is that the policy seems to be "submit important things if you want other players to know about them in the future." So if you want this station to be super cool and developed and a visitable location then yes, of course, submit it. But there's no reason to do something for the sake of procedure if it's just "a station in SX-05" and you don't care if — or how — it's mentioned in the future.

It was really only intended to be a one use thing, but since it's causing AJ some trouble I kind of feel responsible for said trouble.

If it's a GM tool and only is going to appear in your plot, it does not need a wiki from what I have heard. For instance, I put a station up in the Western Wastes and could even make a news post about the station, but that's because I blew it up. It can no longer exist outside of Kaiyo plot.

If it is going to be used by others as a setting element, it needs a wiki, though.

This is my knowledge and I'm aware not a full answer to your question.

It got through today lol. I had to remove a paragraph mentioning the station though. So for future reference, you're supposed to add that kind of thing to the system article? Do you have to submit that for approval before you edit it?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back