• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Rejected Submission [Advancer] Advancer Contraceptive Implant

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Should get this out of the way first, with the compatible species.

@Arbitrated is my writing that the Implant should work with all Elysian sub-species without problem something that passes muster?

@Soresu the same question as for Arbitrated but for Iromakuanhe.

@Legix And for Nepleslians and ID-SOLs?

@Wes And for Elves?

Because of the quasi-organic-ness of this, yes for Iromakuanhe, though some Iromakuanhe will have symbiotes that could filter these out. Those Iromakuanhe are rare enough to not need to mention it in your article as the symbiote user/player would already be aware if they wanted ther symbiote to work or not.

Anything that works on humans will presumably also work on elves.

Did a bit o' thinkin' on this.

Would this work on Elysians? Yes, other prosthetics and implants work on Elysians. Would it not have problems?
...No. The regenerative effect Elysian bodies have naturally would aggressively fight the implant. While some features such as the "biologically neutral outer casing" help reduce the effect of this, it'd still end up causing irritation and, eventually, a loss of function (probably after a few months at most) in the implant.

This is a cool idea for sure, I like its addition. I gotta ask - how would it handle say, a Mishhuvurthyar interaction? Those were said to be able to bypass Neko pregnancy control, iirc.

Well, the implant doesn't affect things like parasites or infections. All it does, for women, is release a hormone that stops egg production (like modern contraceptive implants); for men it releases an anabolic steroid that cuts sperm production. Still, if it doesn't work on Elysians, there goes my main line of selling it to the SAOY, of something they could stick in their non Neko, non synthetic races to prevent unwanted pregnancies.

I mean... While Elysians are more common in the SAoY than other non-synthetics, they're not exactly a "market dominance" degree of common-ness. As I've deducted from the information I've seen, Elysians still make less than 1% of the military force in Yam. Trying to target 1% of the population, even if it's billions on billions on billions of people, isn't typically the best of ideas.

There's still plenty of other places to sell this thoug, in and outside of Yamatai. Nepleslia is the obvious choice, but the NDC I could see being able to use these often if they wanted. Large companies like Origin might want these for their workers depending on position. If the Neshaten weren't 500% isolationist, they might consider these...

Actually, idea @club24 - Kingdom Fall force-implants these into Daur they don't like. If they can stop people from finding out how to disable the implant, they could effectively starve the impure population out, Half Life 2-style.

you're not wrong, it would just take several hundred years on account of nesh lifespans. While it wouldn't be sold in Neshaten you're free to include them on the list if you wish orm netion that the terrorist organisations would have access on account of them acting outside the kingdom now and then

Pretty much what Ame said in relation to Iroma, Fire. For the Iroma it'd also have to be custom tailored to their specific genome to lower rejection chances especially if they have symbiotics.

I don't think it'd work on Neshaten- they're too distinct from humans to the point where we can't even tell if they use hormones to regulate their cycle, and if their hormones are similar to the ones more human species use. Its the same reason I figured that this wouldn't work on Separa'shan (They lay eggs and their young are just snakes) and Lorath (They also lay eggs).

How about this, @Arbitrated : "The Elysian version of the implant is roughly double the base cost and includes a week long waiting period before implantation, as the recipient's DNA is used to grow the biological portions of the implant to prevent rejection"

and, @Soresu : "The Iromakuanhe version of the implant is modified slightly to account for the morphological differences between more human members of the clade and Iromakuanhe."

Hmmm.... I like it! It fits pretty well with the biotech theme of Elysia (using their DNA in the implant itself), and since it's not really a "computer implant" (such as the SPINE system or the Geist) it doesn't have any other major conflicts.

I approve! ^v^

As this is the oldest submission currently in the NTSE and nobody has laid claim i will now do so.

How is this used militarily? It says "for both military use and the civilian market " Can you expand on this? To my knowledge no current in-setting military has forced contraception.
We still need an answer from @Legix if this is allowed for use by nepleslians due to their mutated DNA or ID-SOL who are the most potent sources of testosterone in setting. And also mutants too i guess since they are so widely varied. A stamp is still required since advance markets for indi and yamatai with Indi being at least a majority operating within or around nepleslian space.

We need an FM stamp from @Syaoran for use on Abs. Even if it works on most human descended species for them to work on abs ye need that fat stamp.

Can you explain how this implant is remotely initiated through will? The article mentions nothing about remote interfacing before this or any telepathic prowess or cybernetic remote interfacing.

I take no pleasure in bringing this up. But how does this affect encounters with Mishhuvurthyar who have been traditionally able to impregnate just about any female encountered even through past variants of nekos and other contraceptive systems?

Its for military use because giving your troops, when they're mixed or just regular, a contraceptive implant that means they can't knock people up/get knocked up is militarily incredibly useful because unwanted/unplanned pregnancies are kind of not ideal in a military.

The implant is activated by ordering it to active, just like you would order your finger to twitch or your eyes to blink. Its two factor activation though, so to activate it a user needs to actually touch where the Implant is on their inner thigh while ordering it to activate it.

As for working on the squids, it wouldn't, in theory. I wish it would, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be allowed to say that it works against the Squids.

Being as this is marketed towards nepleslia that would be on to @Legix for the decision to make as to if it would be adopted for military use.

Also i cant believe im the one having to ever say this but the setting is too dam lewd to force people to use contraception considering the rate PCs pop out kids (That is my opinion and not as an NTSE mod)

Also as i said before you've written no telepathy or cybernetic interfacing of this submission. Grafting it to the inside of the thigh and just saying you can will it isnt acceptable. Perhaps just the physical requisite would be appropriate since it is required to activate/deactivate it as well.

Being as this is marketed towards nepleslia that would be on to @Legix for the decision to make as to if it would be adopted for military use.

Also i cant believe im the one having to ever say this but the setting is too dam lewd to force people to use contraception considering the rate PCs pop out kids (That is my opinion and not as an NTSE mod)

Also as i said before you've written no telepathy or cybernetic interfacing of this submission. Grafting it to the inside of the thigh and just saying you can will it isnt acceptable. Perhaps just the physical requisite would be appropriate since it is required to activate/deactivate it as well.

The user having to activate it with a nerve impulse was acceptable for other similar implants. Why isn't it acceptable here?

Please note It is in the submission rules to point to other submissions or reviews in the past as justification for why something should be allowed.

The answer to that, however. Is that every article and submission are different and are reviewed differently to different standards based on a number of factors depending on the reviewer. Syaoran, Ame, And myself each have different opinions, styles, and standards towards our reviewing process.

Nonetheless, I'd like the question answered. Why can't I have this implant activated by nerve impulse? Its something we know works, so if I change the article to say that the implant is triggered by nerve impulse, then would there be a problem?

Because theres nothing written as to why it can. This isnt me saying i dont like it and dont want it.

It simply only says it can be activated by will but not how. That's what im requiring be fleshed out

RPG-D RPGfix
Back