Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

OOC Aeon Discussion

Posted as best I could. Still feeling terribad, so please excuse me if I've made some grave blunder in my fevered state. I'll go back and tidy it up once I'm feeling a little better.

EDIT: Again, if there's no qualms with my current post and there's no hazardously high-level plasma radiation, my next update'll consist of Ko skittering back aboard the bridge. If there is, however, a hazardous amount of radioactive residue, then I'll see about having Ko perform what I suspect would be emergency lock-down and/or decontamination. Coming from a background where the "GM" generally dictates what is and isn't involved in regards to effects from personal actions, I feel like I should leave that at your discretion, Nashoba, especially since the latter option could possibly have serious repercussions. If ultimately left to my whim -- which I suspect it isn't, but I figured I'd better cover all my bases and make sure anyway -- I'd probably say there's trace amounts of radiation from the explosion present since it's from that destroyed ship, but nothing that would ultimately cause significant harm unless it's from extended exposure.

EDIT 2: Post tidied up, as promised. Excuse my belligerence.

Well I did my first post in RP down ... kinda >>;

Please excuse me if a made a monumental error in anything I posted. I am going back and editing this when I wake up in like a couple of hours.

Also the thing with Kame is refer to where she thinks supply channels for the power or nutrients are based on where the need to go and where she thinks tactically it would make sense for them to be. It is ok and even slightly expected that Kame might be wrong. cool?

Well, I don't speak for Nashoba, but to me the post looks alright.

Just watch out for using Present-Tense in your SARP-Writings. It's always in past-tense form.

George kicks out at Joe.
George kicked out at Joe. < -- Correct form.

Just something to look out for, is all. Otherwise you're doing fine IMO.

Consider this is what I trying to describe:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AbyO5 ... NnJxZHg0Yw
.... It was pretty bad at first >>;

Thanks for the suggestion about past tense though. I immediately went back and changed all the verbs XD

Anyways the above doc is the pictures that I sent to

Additionally I wasn't sure if the Dynamic Shield had been activated earlier in the fight. If it has I can edit my post for that or any other mistakes I have left but didn't notice.

Excuse my postal delay and rather lackluster addition to the thread. Been sorting through a trio of job interviews over the course of the last week. Have another on Tuesday and Friday respectively, but afterwords should be back on schedule.

Just an update: I'll be unable to post for a few days starting either tomorrow or Wednesday as I change internet service providers. If an update happens today, I'll try my best to post as soon as possible so as not to overstep my three-day post minimum too much. Expected return date to the Land of the Interbutts is somewhere between Thursday and Monday.

Lol ironically that is actually very good for me this rpgramen as it will give me at least tomorrow morning to fix anything wrong with the post I am working on and will post soon.

P.S. Please tell me getting into character gets easier with practice ^^;

Yeah, the more you play a character, the easier it is to 'know' what they are likely to do.

Yeah you probably right.

Sorry though for not posting anything sooner. Recently school work has finally ramped up for the semister, so I been kinda busy and running around campus. I also caught head cold I caught on Monday so I been feeling out of it.

I found time tonight, so I am posting soon though based on what I was working on monday.

Finally, quick check... did I show you guys the googledoc edit I did of Aeon's schematic so it includes the rough areas of the maintenance corridors?

Ok cool don't laugh >>;
http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AbyO5 ... hobQ&hl=en

Edit: ok, I fixed all the problems I immediately found after I clicked it, so everything should be cool now. I will admit it was kinda fun figuring out this picture
Deck_4_Tunnels_by_n30sh4d0w.png

and really the part that I want to introduce is this part right here
http://n30sh4d0w.deviantart.com/art/Zoo ... -154222573
ummm... any question or comments would be appreciated

Should probably have Wes take a look at them and add them to the Plumeria page for others.

ok I add it to the setting discussion so people (ie. mainly Wes) can see the entire thing.
Edit: Saw you post nash will post tonight after classes

Just checking in. Can't think of anything Ko could really contribute to the posting shenanigans as-is, so I'm just letting you know I'm still here, Nashoba.

hmm... Well you could have him notice the unusual energy emissions coming from the cargo bay, and have him volunteer to go down and help with the problem.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back