Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

OOC Aeon Discussion

Good post Itkatus

Haruhi turned her attention to the pile of barrier modules she had ordered dumped. Though not as valuable as the teleport modules were they were still valuable enough that she wasn't about to hand them over to the Mishhu intact.

hahaha, well there is the point. The infantry has not been assigned damage control locations. So the proper thing would be to contact the XO and ask where she wants you to me.

Well... really we're supposed to poke Haruhi, who pokes you, but I think for the sake of time we'll just skip that middle step.

In the interest of keeping the plot moving, yes, contact the XO for instructions.

Sorry. I'd post a reply, but I'm a bit confused. Who exactly is Asine on comms with? I can see where Haruhi contacts the whole away team, so I would presume the "yes, ma'am," is in reply to her. But then the "Taii?" So has Asine jumped from Haruhi, over Eun-Kyung, to the captain? Again, sorry. I'm not trying to be dense; I just want to get it straight.

Well if she's talking to the Taii, she's using the general bridge channel with is on speaker. So Eun-Kyung can and should respond.

... Woops sorry about that Aendri... you are probably going to want to go down in your AMES with a helmet... and any repair gear you can find in your locker. If you guys really want to take you power armors... that is what the drone is there for... to carry anything you cannot. ^^

And I know I probably going to ramble but...
.... Honestly since we lost a good portion of our sensors, literally after reading what Nash posted ... basically... the entire sensor thing on deck 6 is either critically damaged or was ripped off in the ensuing blast. Thus except for any sensor Nash or Cowboy wanted to specifically keep and the really basic sensors on the turrets--- we are flying blind. Also I believe that some but not all of our communications systems

Thus, some sensors even those weaker ones from you power armors or communications system would really help...

Honestly I having the drone take the sensor from one of the nearby shuttles just in case then wait for you guys to pile on/give it any power armor stuff you want it to carry since there will be a couple of place you won't be able to use them... >>;

So think of the drone like a mini-butler that can carry probably one to three loads of power armor parts.

The Sensor array that was blasted off is an add-on. It enhances the sensors the Plumeria comes standard with. The dish was an enhancement that was added during the last refit. Because it has a larger dish, it gives the sensors greater range and sensitivity.

So the Aeon is not flying blind. The immediate task there is to isolate the damaged wiring and such and ensure that the hull is sound after the dish was sheared away.

Phacon, in response to your PM and OOC post, by drone are you referring to the Mobile Spanner Drone? From your descriptions, that's what it sounds like, but, depending on whether you look at the Aeon's Ship or Vehicle Inventory, it seems like there's only two or three drones aboard. In that case, why would one be wasted leading Eun-Kyung down the straight shot in the zero-G corridor to Engineering? After all, you've already mentioned several being dispatched elsewhere around the ship. Also, are the repair kits add-ons to the drones? The wiki page lists the drones as having welders/cutting torches, but as far as I can tell they are neither detachable nor do they come along with the added accoutrement of the repair kits. I'm not trying to give you a hard time; I just want to get the situation all sorted out.

Yep they are all Spanner Drones. My character is till comming, At the time of Attack the, Usaga-hei foresaw they were going to lose the sensor cause she just that good of an Engineer. So she sent a drone to pick up part of the sensor piece which its carrying for you to the Engineering and was ordered to carry any other supplies you guys will need or you want to through on at the last minute. You just happened to be going in the same direction ^^. She did assume that people might need to help with repairs so all the drones are carrying one of the repair kits from the cargo bay. So for your drone, its primarly carrying the sensor you need to install and probably one repair kit from the cargo bay

-----------
Ok I looked it up an the thing that my character found missing and it Utility Goo that is missing in the Engineering when I first started rp. Sean you may want one of you characters to pick up some from the Molecular Tape or Utility Goo.

Moogle and Itkatsu I would start heading over to the Pylon if I where you. There should be two drones heading to the pylon you need to go to. I double check but I believe all the drones are each carrying a portable repair kit with them.

If you want to take the conduit and rp that followed the drone that is ok... alternatively by tonight I should have Kame send you a map to the pylon via you communicators.

Finally, Moogle and Itkatsu also might want to find rp that you found some CASTER Tape or Utility Goo[/url] lying around in the armory before you head out as it may come in handy.

Nashoba said:
The Sensor array that was blasted off is an add-on. It enhances the sensors the Plumeria comes standard with. The dish was an enhancement that was added during the last refit. Because it has a larger dish, it gives the sensors greater range and sensitivity.

So the Aeon is not flying blind. The immediate task there is to isolate the damaged wiring and such and ensure that the hull is sound after the dish was sheared away.
Honestly I was hoping to install a sensor so we had an excuse to view/talk about the damage. Plus it really was supposed to be a joke for Sean and the rest of the crew from my recruitment page. Since Kame meet Kim first when she came on board and was repairing the shuttle... and now Usaga-Hei had a drone take out the Sensor package on the shuttle she repaired. I know now its bad joke since it took too long to explain >>;

Sean and Moogle,

I think I answer this in my previous OCC post, but yes the drone is a Mobile Spanner Drone and yes if you want they can be now carrying portable repair kits and since I forgot to mention that it was important ... your guys choice of Utility Goo or Molecular Tape. What I forgot to mention earlier is that I "rped" that Engineering was out of Utility Goo.

____

Moogle, I appologize for the delay, but honeslty I think you should started heading to the Engineering Pylon. I am editing my previous post so you character and Itaksu are sent a map telling you where to go. Moogle if you want to take an extra repair kit or any repair supplies their should be a repair kit in the armory's locker and some Utility Goo nearby you in the armory, which Kame couldn't find earlier. I believe though either the bottom left pylon called "Furball" or the largest pylon called "Red 1". I talk briefly to Nash I find out.

Here all the Unofficial names and a better lay out:

afc09.deviantart.net_fs71_f_2010_139_0_f_Aeon_Engines_by_n30sh4d0w.webp

If you curious how you get to the Pylon follow the map below:
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=stararmy:starships:plumeria_gunship
Starting at the power armor bay then go down across till you reach that middle little yellow square just below the Medical Bay. That door should lead to the corridor along the left most wing.
______
Today I am going to finish up the sealant then have Kame mention Utility Goo, respecify some things, and try to seal the big gaping hole as much as I can while being wounded.
... whew

Phacon, instead of communicating a lack of equipment in the OOC chat, you should use the need for materials as a chance to interact with other characters IC-wise. Send a message requesting that someone bring Utility Goo or a CASTER dispenser, rather than have them magically realize they should bring some along. Moreover, Utility Goo is, according to the Aeon's manifest, only found in the cargo hold. There should, however, be a few CASTERs already in Engineering's DC locker and its two tool lockers. There are also repair kits in the tool lockers, in addition to some regular welding equipment in the DC locker.

Ok, DC Team going into engineering. Here are the tasks needed to be accomplished once inside.

1) Manually shut off the atmopsheric controls to stop losing vital gases.
2) Check that the two Engineers are sealed up and their suits are not damaged.
3) Patch the tear in the hull.
4) Repressurize engineering.
5) Assess what secondary damage may be present.

DC team heading to the Pylon

1) Isolate any damaged power lines to eliminate the risk of shorting more equipment
2) Reinforce the pylon structure to ensure it doesn't break off
3) After reinforcing, visually inspect the systems for damage, and affect repairs if possible.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back