• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

OOC Aeon Discussion

Power armor normally does not have those items in it when you open the package. That is part of setting it up putting those things in so you know they are there.

Must sleep, then work, then I'll write up a post; I'd really like to do one now but Sundays has knocked the energy out of me (as usual). Soz.

Just as a question:
Where did you guys get your avatar/character pics?
Did you hand draw them?
Or did you MS paint(or similar art program) draw them?

Just a quick note, I put up a question in the Questions forum about how to store PAs, just for my own sanity. I'll edit my post to be more detailed and clear once I get a response.

Aendri, the reason Haruhi fussed at you folks, is none of you mentioned removing shoes, belts with holsters which everyone has one, and rank pins. Which the Mindy 2-3A page mentions.

As for stowing it.

This is from the standard Power Armor bay
Specially designed racks and a mass of red straps and black buckles hang on the walls and ceiling where power armor would be if the ship is fully manned.

My take is you walked over to one of the racks back into it, then open the armor step out. Then when it closes strap it down.

Nashoba

Hey, I just wanted to take a moment to tell you all you're doing a great job posting. Thanks. :D

To give a comparison, it would be like putting a set of keys in your back pocket and then sitting on them. It's annoying right? Now imagine you're like that but strapped into a race car pumping out lap after lap around a track at high speeds - those keys your sitting on are going to become more and more distracting as time goes on, and while you're sub/consciously thinking about that you're not thinking about the pressing matters at hand which may well cause you to crash.

The insides of a Mindy are form fitting, and the padding will be pressed up against you relatively tightly to prevent you from sliding/bouncing around in your armour during combat manoeuvres, so anything sharp/bulky like the aforementioned items are going to end up pressing/poking into you awkward/painfully.

SSharp said:
... "Ignorance is Bliss." ...
Try that one out on Haruhi, she'll punch you in the face :p

Nashoba said:
Hey, I just wanted to take a moment to tell you all you're doing a great job posting. Thanks. :D
You set a great example I can use to drag myself up toward :)

Itkatsu Kiyoko said:
The insides of a Mindy are form fitting, and the padding will be pressed up against you relatively tightly to prevent you from sliding/bouncing around in your armour during combat manoeuvres, so anything sharp/bulky like the aforementioned items are going to end up pressing/poking into you awkward/painfully.

SSharp said:
... "Ignorance is Bliss." ...
Try that one out on Haruhi, she'll punch you in the face :p

I was kidding around, and that was in OOC -- I totally understand WHY you wouldn't wear rank pins, belt buckles or anything metal, sharp, pointy or in some way annoying.

Sorry if I didn't look like I was joking >.>

Hoshi hoped the other man wouldn't take what he said the wrong way, (as little chance of that as there was) and again hoped Haruhi-Juni wouldn't chew him out for making the suggestion if she happened to hear.

No Juni that I know would ever chew out soldiers for working together and watching each others back. That's what good soldiers do. ;)

SSharp said:
I was kidding around, and that was in OOC -- I totally understand WHY you wouldn't wear rank pins, belt buckles or anything metal, sharp, pointy or in some way annoying.

Sorry if I didn't look like I was joking >.>
I realised :p

SSharp, since this is the OOC topic, everything in here is technically Out of Character. :D A safe place to be snarky without getting in trouble ICly.

Does the SPINE interface allow the user to "feel" the ship/power armor as their own body?

Also does Eternity have a personality or is she like a HAL 3000, perfectly calculating and never deviates from orders?

For Neko's power armor is like part of their body.

As for the ship, it depends on their role, its an interface into the ship system. Which allows the operator to process tremendous amounts of data. So the pilot would experience the thrill of acceleration and all but the Ship would not feel like their body.

Eternity does have a personality. So she can develop working relationships with people. As far as deviating from orders, there would have to be a serious reason for her do that. eg if she were to detect that the Aether reactor would overload if the ship were to engage the CDD, she would make the decision based on the best action and disobey an order to engage the CDD and if necessary disable the pilot station.

She enjoys working with the crew and is learning to interact wit the crew better.

Back from my leave- I'll jump in asap... but I could use a little assistance. I've read all the posts, and I assume I should be suiting up in a Mindy? Also, which cabins still have space? :)

Thanks!

Roster

Haruhi's Cabin (The Juni in the PA Bay) has an open spot, but I doubt you'd want it...

Asine and Hoshi both have their own cabins as well. Technically, your character could just assign himself to one, but asking is both polite/and would help you jump into the story at this point.

Hope this helps.

Lounge Cabins:

1. Kim Eun-Kyung
2. Keiko Gi & Kahen Yani
3. Shina Kim & Nami Sachi
4. Usaga Hisa, Anderson, Tomas
5. Gustav, Josea, Toranaga Siyun
6. Haruhi, <Available>
7. Im'inao Asine, <Available>
8. Sum'ishi Taikai, Tsukiki Alia
9. Yukimura Hoshi , <Available>

Those are the bunk assignments.
You can go to https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=stararmy:yss_aeon
anytime to see what life is currently like on the Aeon.

Oops looks like I already have a room haha, I was looking at the crew roster but I completely failed to scroll down... :p

Agellian,
The cabin assignment was just part of keeping things moving while you were LOA. So if you wanted to move to one of the cabins with the other Hei's rather than with the civilian. That's your call. Ise-Taii leaves cabin assignments to the crew unless there are problems.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back