Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

OOC Aeon Discussion

Out of curiosity, since we're a 1D variant, we've got the 31 Anti-Armor Turrets, right? The wiki says that they have their own tracking system independent of the ship's systems. Would that display on my weapons console, or would that only be showing up on the Bridge's monitors? (ie, if they locked onto this asteroid thing, would I see that, or would I only know what the collision klaxons went off?)

ChokolatteJedi,
From engineering your monitor for the weapons just shows the operational status, charging, firing, damage etc.

Tracking and so forth is displayed on the bridge consoles.

The Infantry guys will handle the fire drill then we'll get to Henry Chen, and all the new folks will be suiting up for a training exercise off the ship.

Haruhi said:
”The Taii just left to set fire to your bunks,” Haruhi's telepathic words slipped into the minds of the enlisted pair.

Hahaha, burning the linen would be a shame, stealing the linen, pillows and mattreses.... That she might do. After all that stuff comes out of the ship budget. ;)

For the record since this is a drill, the PMS-1 is getting its information from Eternity rather than from the patient. Since her injuries are actually skillfully created holograms. ;)

I remain baffled by the the crew's slow, uncaring response to the fire and trapped persons in a time-critical situation such as this.

MEGAMI: WARNING, DANGER! THERE IS A FIRE IN THE FABRICATION BAY AND CREW MEMBERS LIVES ARE IN IMMINENT DANGER!!

Haruhi: (to damage control) "Take care of it."

Asine: "Well, I have a suit on now, do you want me to actually go in?"

Bridge crew: pew pew pew

Katae: "Any day now..."

Haruhi: *sips tea on the bridge* "Pip pip chaps, it's about that time, isn't it? What say you put out the fire and rescue the crewmen?"

MEGAMI: "Shit's still burnin'!"

Haruhi: *leans back in her chair*

Asine: On second thought, let me grab some supplies first...

Kahen and Keiko: (On fire here, could use a hand guys...guys?!?)

Hoshi: Let's take a minute to analyze the situation more thoroughly.

*Smoke and flame billows out now opened door*

Asine: *plays mechanical claw arcade game, trying to pick up the girder on Kahen* Damn it, these things are always a rip-off!

Haruhi: "Boooring."

*Help finally arrives*

Gi: "I am teh crispy"

It's a good thing it's a drill.

Emergency Plans always leave out the 'Emergency' part. Hazard of making plans.

Crispy? I say Well-Done.

Edit: Dear god. Glad she isn't worse off.

I'll be on less in the next few days because i'm trying to devote more time to writing my novel.(that is also why i haven't been on that much recently...)

Hahah, <3

I'll admit I too am a bit disappointed that neither of them decided to prioritise putting out the fire, I was trying to let the players have a go at tackling the situation rather than micro-manage them with 'do this, do that' orders.

Oh well, hope we're all looking forward to the debrief with our beloved Juni~

...We were slow, but we didn't do anything wrong, per se. Something tells me we would have gotten yelled at for hitting the fire first :lol:

Actually no, with only two of you, the first order would be the fire. It represents the greatest threat to the ship. If the ship goes, everyone dies.

I didn't mean to sound like they aren't being idiots, but what I'm saying is they would have gotten yelled no matter what they did. They'd have made a mistake somewhere, or not satisfied the NCO in some way.

Edit: And Hell raineth down upon the unwitting Enlisted, for (S)He hath judged them lacking! :lol:

Has the Working Uniform (31) been released yet? Because I think it would be cool to wear those instead of the AMES, since they are also made for technicians and have patches that can easily be worn inside the Mindy 3?

The Type 31 came out after we left Virgo. :( So you will have to wait until we return to get some.

The Wearing of the AMES during combat, or the Engineering Protective suit is intended to provide protection against hull breaches. The Working Uniform does not have that feature. That's why Hisa asked the Taii about letting the Engineers use the EPS instead of the AMES during alerts. The rest of the time you can wear whatever uniform you have that fist the situation. When we return to pickup the rest of the squadron, I will update the authorized uniforms for Aeon person.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back