Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

OOC Aeon Discussion

I don't mean to be rude but, Aendri, did you read my post at all? Haruhi has already put out the fire and is still holding on to the hose, so your post doesn't make any sense.

Also, please don't assume that Haruhi is that sadistic that she's going to shout at you no matter what happens; yes, she going to make things difficult during training, and yes she'd going to give you opportunities to make fools of yourselves, but not so much so that you're doomed to fail. She'll only give you the sword, it'll be up to you not to fall on it.

In this case Haruhi was at fault too, as Katae said, so you're not going to get a full blast over it.

No no... Gah. I don't mean to be rude either, but that's a very old joke in most any nation's military...

I wasn't saying 'no matter what...' I was trying to make a joke. It's an NCO's job to make his/her men feel like idiots if they are being idiots -- it's just how it goes. Just like if they did something well enough to deserve praise -- the NCO or CO will praise them.

I already agreed that they were being idiots, and Hoshi was apologizing because... that's what Hoshi would do. I'm role-playing.

In here though, taking from what Nashoba(?) said earlier in this thread, I'm free to be snarky.

I'll try and be clearer from now on.

Edit: And Sadistic means she enjoys pain/suffering. I don't see how it applies here.

I'm probably wrong with the context...

Yeah, but we won't be in hyperspace for very long. Its a really small hop, Then she has to maneuver the ship into a parking orbit near the Chen. And there are always other things to be done on a ship. Has she gotten her memory backup accomplished, etc...

Sum'ishi actually the engineer, Hisa wouldn't call her by her given name. They don't know each other well enough. ;)

Itkatsu Kiyoko said:
then called out to the two stragglers who hadn't yet made it into space yet as the PA sealed up around her.

“Get a move on, you two! If you aren't out that door by the time I get to it you'll be peeling potatoes for the rest of the week, whether they need to be peeled or not!”

The Engineer and the Scientist peeling potatoes... That would just be a picture-perfect moment.

Just a note. I will probably be flaky for a couple of weeks. I'm moving out of state NC -> AL at the end of the month (25th to be exact). It's starting to become a headache getting everything done here before the move.

From tomorrow onwards - probably for a week - my availability here will be flaky. The reason? Comiket 76. No, I'm not going there, but I will be devoting my attention to the torrential amount of music that will get released.

For anyone who's interested I'll most likely be doing some blogging on it as the event goes on and as albums hit the interwebs/stores during/afterwards over at DESUpowered.

</shamelesswhoring>

Actually with that I'm following a principle that the Army started using here on Fort Bragg. For the longest time when troops were deployed to parts of the base for training, all the soldiers had blanks. Well seems some good old boys decided they wanted some M16's. So they ambushed a couple of squads of infantry with their loaded hunting rifles and made off with the M-16's. After that happened a couple of times, they started the policy that at least two people had life ammo.

Okay so for the foreseeable future, most of the folks on the Aeon will be flaky... Got it. ;)

Actually Kim is still in charge, she's deferring to your input because she's not been in combat. So ultimate responsibility still falls on her shoulders.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back