• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Abandoned Submission [Aggressor Refit] [Nepleslia] Aggressor "Invader" Upgrade Package

Firebrand

Inactive Member
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=:faction:nepleslia:equipment:invader
List Any Unapproved Sub-Articles
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Nepleslia
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
Okay so this is a bit complex- the Invader Upgrade package is a full upgrade for the Aggressor to incorporate new technologies, and to ensure parts commonality among all mainline Neplelian Armorsuits. This submission comes in two pages: A new version of the Aggressor's Wikipage, and a page detailing the specifics of the upgrade itself.

The old wiki page for the old version of the Aggressor will be modified to denote that this is an older version, to leave room for surplus models that find their way into civilian hands, while the WIP page of the new version will go to that old spot.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
First, we need to see FM Approval, then I will start looking at the review.

Thank you,

I'm not interested in civilians getting any version of the Aggressor, old or refitted/upgraded. Change that and make it ironclad.

Unless I'm misunderstanding, you can try to explain what you mean by the old version being denoted older. But I'm pretty sure I understand what you said and if I'm accurate, I'm not going to change my stance. Giving people Nepleslian equipment for civilian use is exactly why we lost players in the past. People took the Hostile's civ-variant (the Docile) and caused a lot of strife over it.

No mainline/current model PA made for SMDioN or technology specifically for them should be publicly available in any fashion, lest we repeat our same problems. Even surplus is a dangerous route to paramilitary Aggressors backdooring our PA technology ICly.

I'll take it out because those are the orders, and denoting the older version is simple- the pre-refit version is the 1B, the new version is the 1C. We ad a blurb to the old page stating that it's the out of date version, and boom.

Last edited:
As long as my issues are fixed, I don't care; make it retired, out of date, or whatever the NTSE feel is good for fluffing. As long as it's not showing up on people's shelves and arming thugs across Nepleslia with one of the most dangerous suits around, I'm happy.

FM Approved once the loose end is tied.

Hello! I was going through this submission and somethings jumped out at me -

One of the "upgrades" reads as follows:

Additionally, the frame of the Aggressor is replaced, swapping out the Diamond Nanotube frame entirely for one constructed of a Boron-Ceramic composite. Likewise, the Invader upgrade does away with the heavy lead lining, replacing it synthetic polymer that blocks radiation.

So the entire frame of the armor is swapped out? I'm not sure if this would be something that would be considered an upgrade. It would pretty much be a change in manufacturing altogether, as an entirely different version of the armor. Generally, when I think about an upgrade package, I consider something like the Hyperspace Fold Booster on the Mindy Series, something that swaps in and out or can be added. This would involve almost building an entirely new armor.

Can you please submit the old version for the Aggressor that you mentioned in OP in a separate submission when it is made? Thank you.

It's like the upgrade from the regular F-18 Hornet to the Super Hornet, Andrew.
Actually, the Super Hornet is an almost entirely different aircraft with little to no commonality other than basic shape and layout to the old Hornet it was only pitched as an 'upgrade' so that congress wouldn't think it was a new aircraft, because at the time Congress was not approving any money for new aircraft, but they were funding upgrades and refits....

Another example is the bomb lifts the air force currently uses- We took old 'B' model bomb lifts, sent them into depot where they were extensively overhauled, had basically everything but the frame replaced, and were sent back to us as upgrade 'C/D/E' models (don't ask me why they gave it that designation)

The "old" aggressor mentioned in the header of the Invader's article is itself another refit/model of the actual original aggressor, not just an update of the original aggressor article, if I'm not mistaken. This can be seen in several areas, such as the model number and production dates, just wanted to give a heads up to @Ametheliana on that front.

Can you please submit the old version for the Aggressor that you mentioned in OP in a separate submission when it is made? Thank you.

So now I have to submit old stuff? Fine!

Edit: For Andrew I have a solution: The Invader Upgrade is an upgrade to the design of the Aggressor and is applied to new production units, not to existing models.

Last edited:
I only asked because OP says, "The old wiki page for the old version of the Aggressor will be modified..." The sort of changes you went on to talk about in the old article that will be updated need to pass NTSE since one issue Legix saw was stated to happen to it: "...to leave room for surplus models that find their way into civilian hands..." If the old article does not see a change I don't care.

I only asked because OP says, "The old wiki page for the old version of the Aggressor will be modified..." The sort of changes you went on to talk about in the old article that will be updated need to pass NTSE since one issue Legix saw was stated to happen to it: "...to leave room for surplus models that find their way into civilian hands..." If the old article does not see a change I don't care.

There will be no change beyond mentioning the new version of the Aggressor, as said earlier in this thread- the only reason I mentioned civilian and surplus models is to mollify people who would be upset about the unavailability of the previous version of the Aggressor.

There will be no change beyond mentioning the new version of the Aggressor, as said earlier in this thread- the only reason I mentioned civilian and surplus models is to mollify people who would be upset about the unavailability of the previous version of the Aggressor.
We can have old versions still in military reserves & even service, both for combat duty or training exercises; we don't need to kick back old models into the civilian market until we do full-on replacements (see our discontinued Elemental-series PA entries).

The user was perma-banned on 02/13/2020.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back