• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

AHOI!

Nameless

Hello Star Army!

I'm Nameless, though in my early RP days, I went under the names of 'Conrard' and 'Digital Ghost'. If you met anyone with Conrard as their name, it might have been me since I don't think anyone else misspelled Conrad intentionally that way. I'm currently 24 years old and interested in a number of game genres, though a bit indecisive when choosing what to play, often ending up back to watching youtube videos. I'm not much of an artist myself. I mean I can make an approximate line art copy of something, but that's about it. I have a bit of a patience problem with these things so improvements are very slow ^^;

I found this place from an advert, either from the forum I'm currently in, or from one of the others I wandered around a bit in when I was forumsurfing. As for what got me interested, it was the theme and the fact that the site was alive since 2002. Sites that live that long often feels more homely and inviting, I feel.

The first RP Forum I've joined was a pokemon one about 13 or 14 years ago, even though I barely watched the anime or played any of the games. I think I spent most of my time there looking at pokemon wikis. So why did I choose that place over others? Simple, I found out about Pokemorphs and it intrigued me, and after looking at a few stuff I found out about roleplay forums and MUDs, though I never got into the latter because it was too much for me to comprehend back then. From there I branched out to a site with a more original setting and from there I kind of hopped around a number of sites, even ending up in a Kingdom Hearts one, a game series that, unlike Pokemon, I had absolutely no clue about.

For the questionnaire part, I think I'll just use the template for it ^^

Do you prefer:
  • Playing male, female, or other-gendered characters?
    - Recently I've shifted to female characters, mostly because it was easier to find usable art. See, I have a different way of making characters. At least in the past few years where the sites I joined didn't really mind using whatever art people can find, so long as you don't pass it off as your own. I saved up a number of images on my imgur and in my mind, the characters on those images start to develop their own outlines (if that makes any sense). Then it's just a matter of me making sense of those disjointed traits and filling in the blanks.
  • Spontaneous or planned RP?
    - A mix of both. With spontaneous RP, I can test out how my characters fare, but unfortunately sometimes I get a bit anxious and end up playing the character like how I would play an RPG game, trying to get what's best for myself instead of playing the character as I made them, even though there's no real reward. With planned RP, it makes things a easier, and I tend to focus more on getting there. Of course, a poorly planned RP would just end up getting a bit awkward character-side and feel a little rushed. Because of that, I'd prefer a longer-term planned RP that can be broken off if things stray too far from the goal, rather than using a bucket to repeatedly try and save a sinking ship. It needs a bit of freedom, you know?
  • Military or civilian characters?
    - Leaning towards military/mercenary characters. I blame action and RPG games for this. I guess I just like the adventure it affords.
  • Humans, androids, anthros, or aliens?
    - It's hard to choose. I like humans since they're usually the underdogs, and I really enjoy stories/anime/shows that have that one cool human who levels with other races with access to magic, or the Batman types who just kick ass. But androids? I don't know why but I have a soft spot for them, especially when they start understanding what it is to be human, or something along those lines. Anthros are just cool, as are aliens. Both lets me give them something cool and/or stupid and I love it.
  • Being on a starship or being on a planet?
    - Starship, definitely. Adventure and the looming danger of being pulled into the void awaits!
  • Roleplay via forum posts or in real-time?
    - Forum posts. I get distracted easily, and sometimes I get pulled away from the PC for irl stuff, so I can't reliably post in real-time. I also find it harder to remain in character because I worry if what I say ends up offending the person on the other end. I just find real-time to be more personal since, in a way, I'm reacting directly
On a scale of 1 to 3, what's your preferred level of these in your RP:
  • Language: 2
  • Violence: 2.5
  • Sexuality: 2.5
What's something cool you'd love to RP?
Dogfights in SPACE!

Welcome Conrard ;) to SARP!

SARP is a wonderful and supportive community that is there to help each other (as you might have noticed in the #new-member-help channel). If you have any questions then do ask! We are generally very active and present on the discord (Well at least I am, can't really speak for others...) and if you got questions do ask them! We don't bite (that often), so don't worry!

Shameless recruitment, but I run three plots on this wonderful platform! If you are interested in underground warfare then Hanako's world resistance is the place to be, if you are more the Tomb Raider, then S.E.A.R.C.H. Initiative is a good spot and if you like foxes and exploration then Stella is a good place :D If you got questions, do poke me in discord or here and I look forward to that glorious statue!

Enjoy your stay :D

That's a nice meaty intro post and it was interesting to read it. I'm getting a very positive impression of you and like you already and I hope you fall in love with this site because having you around is already starting to be awesome. I also laughed out loud when you said it's easier to find art for female characters because it's so incredibly true. There's this site called Waifulabs that uses a computer algorithm to generate anime-style headshot artworks, and I've made some of those into Star Army NPCs...and someone asked why it only makes female characters and they creators said it was because there wasn't enough data for males. Not enough data! Which kind of tells you something about the amount of female character art out there compared to male characters. I know several artists who simply don't draw men, lol. I guess Star Army is no exception, especially in Yamatai, whose military, the titular Star Army this site revolves around, is primarily fueled by aether and girl-power. Also in case anyone reading this was wondering, it's totally OK to make a pretty skeletal character that has a bare-bones personality and history, and then expand on those as ideas come to you in the RP.

Hi, you've already met me, but I'm Jack. I run one of our factions in the setting here, called the New Dusk Conclave, and am the GM for several plots. NDC: Exploring the New Frontier, ISS-Brimstone, Osman University, as well as Co-GM YSS-Shiroyama, and YSS-Artemis. A lot of the time you'll probably find me being nerdy as I work on new content for the setting, or just talking about whatever with friends. I can usually be tagged in the server, but my DMs are always open, so feel free to poke me for anything. I hope you enjoy it here, and that we possibly have the chance to write something together.

Glad to hear it, Wes! I'm definitely a sucker for the Sci-Fi genre, so falling in love with this place is only a matter of time after I get my bearings straight. And at first, I thought it was only because of the image boards I looked around in that I very rarely see male art, but spending a short time to go out and look for it gives way fewer results compared to its counterpart. No wonder I keep seeing Natsu and Grey from Fairy Tail in nearly all the other sites I looked into.

Another great site you've introduced me to, RaWolfe, I'll have to buy a reserve for all these statues of you... I also know of another site with a LOT of character/doll creators: https://picrew.me

It's a mixed bag with different styles and quality, but you can find a whole lot of makers there. Most of them are in Japanese too though.

Don't worry, Jack, once I get familiar enough with the setting, I'll be going plot hunting. Shouldn't be too long until you're in my sights *finger guns*

I have used at least 2 generators on Picrew, so I can vouch for there being good gens on that site~ Hell, my profile picture was made with one, one that I see around quite a lot. But yes, welcome~! 💗

Thanks Valona! Yeah I think I've seen the maker you've used.

It was really funny when I found that site and introduced it to friends on discord. They just kept finding more and more and you could really tell they were like children in a candy shop

RPG-D RPGfix
Back