• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Akemi's Adoption

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems okay to me.

Approved.

Also @Ira is interested in helping you guys with the corp so I hope you'll invite him to help you guys with it.

Reactions: Ira
Not going to dispute the decision but I do question the motives of this adoption. In light of the argument that happened in USO chat before this went up, it seems like this corp was adopted to prevent someone else from using it in RP. That's not the reason someone should adopt something. I thought setting elements like this were for community use.

It's especially notable that Akemi's has been sitting around since the creator left and suddenly when Ira wants to use it in RP and there's an argument it gets adopted. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks, John. Your perspective is important. I have thought about Akemi's a bit in the past since its creator left the site and I thought it was best to leave it be and that people wouldn't misuse it. That changed when members of the community started talking about how they could use it in ways that were not appropriate within the overarching themes of the corporation. I, again, thank you for your opinion but it just doesn't seem like anything else needs to be said.

But you haven't mentioned it before. Like ever. Not in chat, or on discord. Nobody cared about Akemi's before I expressed a modest desire to put it to use, mind you this expression came after it was referenced.

So I have to echo what @ArsenicJohn just said.

To clarify, that argument only happened because Frost went and told Gunhand that Ira was taking over Nepleslia.

The argument ended as soon as we explained that Ira just had a character visiting Nepleslia.

To clarify: no I was not trying, interested, or scheming to take over nepleslia.

Nor would I have made Akemi's inaccessible to anybody RPing with it. Like wise this adoption has essentially done just that: it was made to prevent roleplaying from happening on sarp.

When I read:
Ira: Many of the girls irl are transient, and usually don't live long/are murdered. What's happening in the creature plot is oddly similar to a real world case I read about in Houston
Ira: One of then grills got fifty shades of greyed.
Ira: He essentially took over the prostitution ring in his last scene
I knew I had to do something.

Ira later verified that Creature would be taking over the Akemi's on 188604 if his plans came to fruition. This is not appropriate for someone else's creation to have to go through. Make your own creation to completely tarnish it with abuse, killing prostitutes, and "prostitution rings".

Akemi's is a place for sex work and burgers and that's the way it should be. All of this extra stuff is just wrong.

I didn't talk about it because I've grown to trust SARP to not make me completely and utterly uncomfortable because of Wes. He cleared this issue up in PMS and I'd like it if he could clear it up for me here, too.

@Wes

To clarify, that argument only happened because Frost went and told Gunhand that Ira was taking over Nepleslia.

Please refrain from posting things that are blatantly false and untrue, @Zack.

The following images - taken from the chat archive - illustrate the relevant portion of the conversation.

apuu.sh_x427Z_b6a2a78b61.png

apuu.sh_x42aP_50e6cf70be.png

apuu.sh_x42cW_1bfd8cfef5.png

apuu.sh_x42dI_2edcc687bb.png

apuu.sh_x42f3_7157735eff.png

apuu.sh_x42iz_b3644608d4.png

apuu.sh_x42jK_9946f6e5f4.png

Moving on.

[...] Like wise this adoption has essentially done just that: it was made to prevent roleplaying from happening on sarp.

Baloney. How has @Ametheliana and @raz adopting something "prevent[ed] roleplay from happening" when they haven't even done anything yet?

*sighs*

No that is not what happened. What happened was it looked like you were either starting a slave trafficking ring or broke one up and took it over ON Nepleslia, and I wasn't informed. That was how that whole cluster _____ occurred.

As there are multiple Akemi' s all across Nepleslia we have a vested interest in what happens to Akemi' s as well. This isn't trying to screw anyone over. It's about the setting element being treated properly and how the original creator wanted it to be portrayed.

Now I have to go back to work.

@Zack and I have already talked about future RP on 188604, but he was sleepy and we moved on to talking about a submission just last night.

Thanks everyone for providing clarifications. I am still confident in my decision to let Nepleslia's FMs control Akemi's. Akemi's is already Nepleslian so it was the obvious choice. Even if I had let someone else control it it would still have to go through the Nep FMs. Additionally it is my understanding that Amaryllis has willed his creations to Raz and Raz has in turn deferred to Ame.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back