• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Interest Check Akemi's Fight for Finbacks and Freedom!

Ametheliana

Head in the Stars
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
Have you seen Whale Wars and thought to yourself, "I want to do that, but it seems dangerous!" Well, as writers we have the unbelievable ability to live out adventures that we otherwise wouldn't. So, stow your inhibitions in Davy Jones's locker, find your sea legs, and sink your baleen plates into this plot! It will be short run plot, only going for three months, starting from the first RP thread's start date. It will be based in Nepleslia's oceans - that's right, folks, I am making a plotship of the seas!

Several positions are open on this type of ship, but I will make myself a government-mandated ID-SOL XO and Koga Akemi will be wearing the captain's hat (only) for this voyage. I do recommend using an existing character that is civilian and would be interested in this opportunity, but making one for it is fine, too, just remember it's not a forever plot. Akemi has a TV show and station and would air the application process throughout the lands. I know for a fact that we'll need dolphin trainers, we'll need weapons operators, and we'll need other miscellaneous people! Someone that can steer a boat would help so much. I want to see what sort of characters I get and tailor the exact plot arcs and ebbs and flows to them, so letting me know sooner rather than later who you want to put in and if you want to join is ultra helpful to me. I will start the RP a week from now, on the 20th of June!

ALL ABOARD LMAO

Some more info! I have never seen an episode of Whale Wars! I realized that this would come to light at some point, so I want to be earnest and up front with everyone (including myself, I forgot I have never seen it until a moment ago). It's the type of show that I feel like is easy enough to get the gist of from one or two commercials for it. Expect my plot to be dozens of times more exciting than the entire run of the series.

Another thing, someone mentioned avoiding the cameras (It was @Charmaylarg Dufrain) but this isn't an entertainment endeavor. This is a real "you'll be killing poachers and hopefully not whales but maybe whales if they have guns" sort of deal and a camera crew isn't on the agenda. But we can find a way to give everyone an instant film camera because every party I've been to with those or simply 35 mm cameras laying around was really fun.

tldr- I have no idea what I am doing so we're not filming this for current generations or posterity's sake

Nobody showed any interest... Should I make this a thing others can get into or just make myself some RP and post that solo stuff?

Said no rollercoaster enthusiast ever.

I'll probably redirect my community plot efforts elsewhere since there's not much interest from players. Thanks for listening to my idea @ anyone that did.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back