• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Character Akira Hazuki

Carl

Inactive Member
Name: Akira Hazuki

General Information
Species: Human (Geshrin)

Family/Creators: Shinichi Hazuki and Rei Hazuki.

Faction: Star Army
Current Assignment: Unknown
Physical Characteristics
Height: 6' 2" (185cm)
Weight: 176lb (80kg)
Measurements: Chest: 38,4" (96cm) Waist: 36,4" (91cm) Hips: 42,4" (106cm)

Build and Skin Color: Akira has an average body, so might call it semi-muscular which is due to the military training he has received. That is the average in Star Army. His skin is normal, although he stays more indoors than outdoors.
Face and Eye Color: Akira doesn't keep any facial hair and usually shaves every morning. His eyes are deep blue and one might think that by looking deep inside you might see to his mind.
Hair color and Style: He keeps his black hair short as a symbol of his high personal discipline which he has learned from the military training.

Distinguishing Features:
Psycological Characteristics
Personality: Akira is very career pursuing as he has nothing else than his career in the Star Army. When Akira thinks he gets to a kind of a deep trance and due to this he is usually very quiet and unsocial towards others. He doesn't need company as he can enjoy being alone, which he probably learned when raised at an orphonage. There most of the other children went outside to play, but Akira usually stayed inside reading or playing some strategical game he made by himself. And although he understands psychology quite well in strategic sense, he is quite poor with other people and in understanding them. But he is ready to sacrifice his social life for his career if it is necessary. Just like most people that are serving in the Star Army have a double personality, one for in duty and one for their free time, Akira has only the in duty one. It is the price for his 'gifts'. Deep inside Akira is quite uncertain due to his unexperience, but he protects himself by staying official with everything he does. He doesn't talk freely on his freetime is spoken to, but he answers like one would in a military. At first one might think Akira doesn't have a 'social' side and that he is only a machine built to serve in the military, but it isn't like that. Akira has experienced some tragic incidents in his youth and has protected himself from any attachments, etc. He doesn't want to care for anyone (like friends or loved ones), because he doesn't want to get hurt. Many get offended because of this, but Akira isn't mean. Do not understand this so that Akira would be impolite, because he usually is very polite and doesn't insult anyone. It's just the fact that if you talk with him you usually tend to find out you're doing most of the talking and asking, and Akira is only answering politely and formally. He is very disciplined and tends to follow military regulations accurately.

Likes: Challenges and things where can use his tactical sense.
Dislikes: Mathematics and Elysians.
Goals: To have a succesful career in the Star Army.
History
Born to the family of Shinichi and Rei Hazuki in the year YE 08. His life had a tragic twist as the infamous plague started to ravage the galaxy. Both his parents got ill and died, but protected their only son from the disease. As Akira grew up he joined the Star Army for one reason. His undying hatred towards the Elysians who were responsible for the plague and for the deaths of his parents. He pursued the career of an soldier as he had tremendous natural gifts in tactical thinking. Many of his teachers thought that with some experience Akira woud be a great asset to the Star Army. And now in the year YE 27 he has been assigned into service and he will do whatever he can to get a succesful career in the Star Army.
Skills:
Communication: Akira Hazuki is familiar with basic radio operation and procedures and can make transmissions to and receive transmissions from other characters through headsets, starships, power armor, and shuttles in both combat and non-combat conditions.
Fighting: Akira Hazuki received hand-to-hand combat training by way of loading all the necessary related knowledge into the soldier's memory, and then following up with a rigorous training program. He is skilled and experienced in combat both in Yamatai-like conditions and in zero-gravity, with and without weapons. Weapons he is trained in include energy pistols, knives, and power armor.
Information Technology: Akira Hazuki is capable of operating any computer system that uses the Kessaku OS, found on all Star Army starships. He is proficient in entering and/or searching for information.
Language: Akira Hazuki is fluent in English. He can speak and write both correctly and efficiently and can write reports, fill forms, issue orders under fire, etc.
Mathematics: Akira Hazuki received basic mathematics training, to including up to algebra and trigonometry.
Maintenance and Repair: Akira Hazuki is familiar with and able to fix most problems with starship components and to an extent, systems. While not necessarily well-versed on how a part functions and the theory behind each, he will be able to keep things operating within normal parameters.
Leadership: Akira Hazuki is able to recognize ambush points, create effective combat strategies and tactics, and analyze intelligence information and is trained in public speaking as part of his officer training. He thinks differently than most, more tactically. He is invincible in most strategic games he has played due to that. He also is very understanding with psychology although has never studied it farther than the basics. Due to this combination, he can guess the next tactical move of his opponent and uses their nature against them by making them mad and thus rash. Also it sometimes seems he can turn off his feelings and that he learned while in training. Feelings usually fool strategists trying to get them to make a mistake. To a strategist these attributes are a blessing, but to a social being they can be a curse.

At this time, I can't approve an officer character for you. Please understand that we want you to get a feel of the RP and we want to get a feel for your RP before we put you in charge of a starship; that's why we have a ranking system in place. In the character creation guide, it reads:
Now let's choose the occupation of your character, based on your board rank. The more difficult occupations (officer ones) are reserved for more experienced players. There are three categories of occupations in the Star Army of Yamatai. Please choose one from the list below.

Source: CCG Section 2, Page 2

Measurements: (OOC: I don't have a clue...)
Er, that's okay. You can edit out that line if you want. For guys, it'd likely be their shirt size. Your character looks like a Large and probably has a waist around 36 inches. ^_^

Build and Skin Color: Average and flesh (Caucasian).
Face and Eye Color: Flesh (Caucasian) and blue.
Hair color and Style: Black and short.
Honestly, these aren't descriptive at all. Since we A) Want to know what he looks like and B) commission artwork based on this part of your character sheet, you really ought to flesh this section out a bit more.

Personality: Akira is very career pursuing as he has nothing else than his career in the Star Army. He thinks differently than most, more tactically. He is invincible in most strategic games he has played due to that. He also is very understanding with psychology although has never studied it farther than the basics. Due to this combination, he can guess the next tactical move of his opponent and uses their nature against them by making them mad and thus rash. Also it sometimes seems he can turn of his feelings and that he learned while in training. Feelings usally fool strategists trying to get them to make a mistake. To a strategist these attributes are a blessing, but to a social being they can be a curse. As Akira thinks he gets to a kind of a deep trance and due to this he is usually very quiet and unsocial towards others. And although he understands psychology quite well in strategic sense, he is quite poor with other people and in understanding them. But he is ready to sacrifice his social life for his career if it is necessary. Just like most people that are serving in the Star Army have a double personality, one for in duty and one for their free time, Akira has only the in duty one. It is the price for his 'gifts'.
My question is this: Can you actually RP this character? If you set him up to be some sort of tactical genius, it's going to look bad if he's no better than the average Star Army captain because OOCly, you're not able to predict the enemy's moves and such. If you can, I've got no problem with it. It's just something like this could set you up for some trouble down the road if you can't back it up.

As a whole, though, your character sheet turned out pretty good. It's the rank thing that's keeping me from approving it, though. I like how the personality part was nice and big (always a plus). Some of the stuff in it could probably go into the skills section, however (tactics stuff).

A lot of the personality section talked more about his abilities instead of his actual personality. Is he a really nice person who's socially awkward, or is he big-headed because of his gifts? That sort of thing needs to go in there. Wes already talked about your character having his tactical abilities, so I won't say anything about that.

The history parts about how his teachers liked him because he was so talented irked me a bit, because that didn't happen in RP and it's a bigger event, but it wasn't that big of a deal. I did like the history about the parents, and his dislikes and goals. I think he's quite an interesting character despite a few flaws. Good job.

1) Oh, I thought officer rank could be something else than a CO... my mistake. What are officers in Star Army before they are promoted?

2) I'll do a better description. I didn't know how detail to write.

3) I'm sure I can roleplay this character well enough without any metagaming. He is talented, but he is unexperienced and human, so he can make mistakes too. What differs an ordinary captain from a tactical genious? The ability of changing strategy in the middle of a battle for example on the crucial moment which results in a victory. And I hope I am wise/intelligent enough to do this well enough to roleplay Akira.

I'll stat editing now...

1) Oh, I thought officer rank could be something else than a CO... my mistake. What are officers in Star Army before they are promoted?
Officers can aren't necessarily ship commanders, but almost every officer rank is able to command a starship. The ship command ranks go as low as Taii (Lieutenant). While there's some characters in the Star Army that start as officers (as cadets), many characters do an enlisted job for a while, then go back to school and reclassify as an officer (any Juni [Warrant Officer] can do this*).

*Except Yuuko, who's forbidden by the Star Army's commander to rise in rank and thus cannot become an officer.

Character Approved!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back