• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Art Ame's Traditional Art 🎨📓🖊️

Because of your comment @SchererSoban and because I really enjoy that one, too, I decided to make Eden a little off duty reference sheet :]
eden paint.jpg

Eden was the Captain of the first ship named Kaiyō and her change in position was actually a point of concern for a lot of player characters because she was p well-loved. Moving her to XO meant I could put her in more hands-on leadership roles, though, and I have never regretted it. She's a wonderful character and painting her helped me solve some problems I have had. It was Wes who once said to me that when a post isn't coming, he will do a few things, including look at art of the character he needs to post for. Well, it really hasn't been coming, so I decided that making art for the character I need to post for helps a lot when a post with them is not something I am able to get done. Anyway, Eden rules and is such a sweet girl I love her okay bye.

Eden is so beautiful with shibori hair.

I changed up the way I draw faces for a different painting before this one and it came back and sort of stuck. Some things are off and I nearly tore off the paper trying to get her lips better than they are now, but it's something to keep working at for sure!

Eden-paint.jpg

Thank you so much, that means a whole huge deal to me ❤ ❤ ❤

I said that then immediately drew Eden haha

The colors of her skin tone are off because I really want to play around and not do the same thing, despite this level of realism falling into the "haven't done in a decade" category haha

eden.jpg

This isn't gouache BUT I was given some gouache and gave it two good attempts and it felt like I was back at the beginning of art, which isn't a good feeling. So, after feeling like a complete angsty ball of anger about my own art without any outside influence for the first time since I was like twelve, I went back to what I had fun with last time.

Something's sort of boring about this painting of my samurai Rei to me but at least I could have fun with art :]
image0-1.jpg
Oh and I opened this post with a lie, I used white gouache for eye highlights ;D

I did a lot of complex paintings and worked on too much stuff other than a relaxing bust of Hoshi and so, after all that overworking on other paintings, I sat down to do a simple Hoshi bust that ended up being more and more inspired by this meme:
Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 2.14.40 PM.png
Here it is, a relaxed Hoshi:
hoshi_bust_watercolor_1.jpg

RPG-D RPGfix
Back