• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Resurgence An Urgent Delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuuki

Wiki-chan! Ganbatte yo!
🌟 Site Supporter
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
RP Date
YE44.5.11
RP Location
YSS Resurgence / SYNC
"I just can't believe I didn't notice in the brief!" Being caught present-less was not excused by not knowing there was a birthday. Tachiko had been confronted by a party immediately after boarding her new posting. She stewed in her room for a bit after Cassie had been taken into the wardroom by the giggling quartet, pacing and trying to think of something. Something, anything, really. Koyama-nee had helped her save face by including her on the present, but she couldn't simply leave it at that. No, that just left her in debt two ways. "Think, she's 25. What do 25 year-old cat-folk like anyway? Born in 19... hmm." Tachiko thought back upon parties she'd had. Her minds eye fell on the bar in the lounge aboard the Haru-no-Hanabi, the location of the last party she'd had- her Giretsu graduation. On that shelf was a particularly notable bottle, among the others. "Nineteen! That's it!" She smiled and her ears stood straight up to match the pleased expression crossing her face. If she'd had a tail it would be swishing happily.

Diving into SYNC inside her own digital mind, propelled by her innate wireless networking, Tachiko searched. "Come on, come on, someone out there has it and delivers to Star Army ships." It didn't take that long before she found an expedited service cleared to bring a supply shuttle aboard a Star Army vessel. "There we go... Vintage YE19! All the way from Delsauria. Well, at least we're on the side closer to Nepleslia and not out in the MCS."

She took out her finest stationery and pen, and hand wrote a blank card in lovely Yamataigo calligraphy,

Cassie-Heishō,
Tanjōbi! Happy Birthday! It was wonderful to finally meet you. I heard so much about you from our shipmates at Giretsu training that I felt like I already knew you a little bit, and I can already see why they thank so highly of you. I did not know it was your birthday, and even though Ketsurui-Taii said I could say I contributed to her present, I cannot take that credit. I apologize profusely and hope this token can help make up for it, at least a little bit. It's one of my personal favorites. I tried to find one bottled as close to your birthday as possible.

All Things,
Ketsurui-No-Motoyshi Tachiko

Before the five in the wardroom were even nearly finished with their fun, Tachiko met the delivery Minkan in the shuttle bay, card in hand, and received the package, a purple silken ribbon tied around a nice teak presentaton box. She had it left on Cassie's bunk before she and Poppy could return to the room.

In the box was a bottle of Delsaurian Dusk, vintage YE19, and a pair of crystal whiskey glasses, snugly bedded in black velvet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back