• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: Yome Ismâopate Ancient Enemy

Wapoin Rou'sa

Meopa spoke "If I had to make a decision, I would say outsiders, they spoke strangely. Like our words were strange to them. Or perhaps they were speaking in an older fashion."

"One of them talked about giving us Iasa Sou. I'm not familiar with that."

Dorgos "I am still awake, but I am having problems with my vision. It fades in and out if I move my head. Think I will try to keep it still."

Wapoin Rou'sa

There was a moment of intense worry in the back of La'tâ's mind when Dorgos spoke, she needed to be quick but careful with Meopa, who spoke words equally as worrying but for another reason. "They spoke of giving us Iasa Sou...they did not plan on us leaving...you do not need to know the details..but that 'medicine' will kill you."

The Tula continued to work, using the Fiqorous'sa Usapo'te to help repair Meopa's wound as quickly as possible. By now she has secured the wound and was now using the Fiqorous'sa Usapo'te to stitch it together. "Dorgos, tell me who you cam to be on our ship." She wanted to keep him talking so she could monitor his condition by his response.

Wapoin Rou'sa

"If you are talking about when I joined, I was assigned after being interviewed by Qaedal Aaeas, But today, I'm not sure how we got on the ship. I remember the fighting, but everything was a bit blank for a bit until I got onto the Yome." there was a pause. "Meopa had to grab me and pull me back into the ground glider."

Meopa looked at La'tâ "There was no ground glider. That was something that happened a while ago."

Wapoin Rou'sa

For a brief moment there was a look of serious concern on La'tâ's face, however she quickly calmed it to hide it from her patients. The moment she got to a point where she could look up, she did so and put her eyes on Dorgos' scans she wanted to see the results so she could start the work in her mind.

Once she saw the results of the scan she got back to work however, she was nearly done with Meopa. She couldn't heal them fully right now, but she could take them to the point where they could be bandaged and recover on their own over time. "The story about the ground glider sounds interesting...but instead what more can you two tell me about our captors?"

Wapoin Rou'sa

Dorgos was quiet for a minute or so. "They were wearing some sort of protection on their shoulders.... it was glowing and I think it created some sort of barrier about their head. "I head them say something about Ryasou'temygo, or something like that. I'm getting sleepy. I think I'll take a nap now..." he said fading out.

Meopa looked at La'tâ, "They were wearing something on their shoulders. I could hear a whining sound."

Qaedal's voice came across the speakers. "Attention all hands. We are engaging the Tunnel Drive. We need to find answers. So we are going to Sotâka Ruomâqi."

Wapoin Rou'sa

Hearing Dorgos say that he was going to take a nap had La'tâ pause for a moment out of concern. However she was almost done, so she quickly closed Meopa's wound in a safe manner and bandaged them so the rest of the recovery could be natural. She then moved to sanitize her hands afterwards to make sure there was no cross contamination before moving to Dorgos.

Now that she could take a moment to focus she saw Dogos' chart and sighed realizing that the problem was some medication and not head trauma. "Technology to create a barrier around their head?"the young Tula spoke with a bit more confidence in her voice now as she began work on preparing netrualizers for the medication as best she could. "Why would they not just wear helmets? Perhaps it served a second purpose as well...it would be nice if we managed to take one."

Wapoin Rou'sa

Dorgos came to consciousness. "La'tâ? I'm smelling blue. Why would I smell blue. Does blue have a scent? Oh, I remember that one of our crew managed to get one of the shoulder protection. I think it was Saorm Kamba. He was going to take it to Engineering."

Wapoin Rou'sa

La'tâ finished preparing the medication rather quickly, this was what she was most comfortable with, internal medicine. "That will go away in a little, Dorgos." She stepped over and administered an injection into his arm.

"It will be good to see what sort of results we get from the piece of equipment..however it will probably take some time before we can assign anyone to it so we will all have to wait."

Wapoin Rou'sa

Meopa slowly sat up on the Wapoin Âotunay. "It seemed to distort their appearance, perhaps to disguise them. Depending on how you looked at them, their image would shift. Same thing with when they spoke, most of the time it was distorted so bad I couldn't understand what they were saying."

Wapoin Rou'sa

La'tâ was intrigued by the statement from Meopa, it actually brought up many questions. "It's possible...they could be people not even from the clan then..." She pondered for a moment, but then remembered where she was and got back to work, and examined Dorgos' shoulder, which he had mentioned was not working.

Wapoin Rou'sa

Dorgos watched as La'tâ examined his shoulder. He could not move the arm. La'tâ would find a fleschette in the shoulder. A second one was lodged in the upper bicep. The medical scanner showed that the fleshettes were inhibiting the nerves in the shoulder and arm.

Wapoin Rou'sa

Seeing Dorgos' situation La'tâ gave a soft smile and started with his bicep. She set her handheld device to repair nerves and began to slowly pull out the flechette while repairing the nerves behind it. She did this so that she could repair the nerves before closing the wound, and then switched to stimulating skin tissue growth to get the wound to a point where it could be bandaged safely and still heal properly, after which she repeated with the shoulder wound. "It would seem though that despite not being part of the clan, their technology is very similar."

Wapoin Rou'sa

"It is still rather odd. How could there be Vonai who attack us? It has been several mâi since the attack on the Mui. Now we have been drugged and attacked. I don't like this." Dorgos replied.

Across the Speakers.

"Attention all hands, this is Tin-Ta'a Qaedal Aaeas. We have been hailed by the Âmuso Sae Ibâka. Mui Tarbah Leyto has contacted us. We are following them to the Sotâka Ruomâqi. She has given us assurance that what has transpired has not been from the clan. Once we arrive at Sotâka Ruomâqi, our vessel will be serviced, and our personnel will be given medical attention before we meet with the Mui. Qaedal out."

The ship accelerated to follow the Âmuso Sae Ibâka/

Wapoin Rou'sa

Now that the two were out of the danger zone with their wounds, La'tâ's pace changed slightly, she was still quick, but no longer hurried, and she began to work meticulously to get the two back into good condition. "Odd is one way of putting it...this is for certain one of the most peculiar sorties we've had."

She was cut off by the speakers coming on and Qaedal giving an update on everything going on. She smiled softly at the update "But it looks like things will slowly return to normal."

Wapoin Rou'sa

"Well, the last thing I recall before we woke up was the mission with the Amatai ship the Aeon. Both ship's were struck by an anomaly. So perhaps we can have a diplomatic request be sent to our allies regarding what the Aeon experienced?" Meopa suggested, "I guess once you release me I can suggest it to the Tin-To'a."

Miooki Gisil entered the room. "Jaqsi is requesting your presence. You are to dress to avoid contagion and bring containers for samples."

Meopa sat up. "La'tâ I can keep an eye on Dorgos. Best you not keep Jaqsi waiting. Besides, it might give us some idea of what is going on."

Wapoin Rou'sa

La'tâ looked to Miooki as they entered and then gave a nod before looking back to Meopa. "I will leave it to you, do not let Dorgos do anything too foolish." She then made her way to the quarantine equipment and got properly suited up for such. She was no sure what exactly she was going into, but she took her time to make sure everything was just so before making her way out, grabbing several sample containers on the way.

Deck 4- Damira Ruo'sa

The members of the ship that were investigating the Damira Ruo'sa were in isolation garments. Designed to protect the wearer from any biological, or chemical contamination.

Saorm Kamba was examining the locking mechanism to the chamber they were in. There was clearly evidence that someone had managed to disable the locking system. What was more concerning though to him was the damage to the equipment. There were portions of the components that had been slagged. But there was nothing in the room that could generate the energy necessary.

Toidorno was examining a strange gelatinous substance on the deck.

Damira Ruo'sa

La'tâ was rather surprised when she saw the state of what would be the most important room on the whole ship. "What....happened here?" She muttered to herself as she took a few steps forward. She was quick to pull out her medical scanner as she looked at the strange substance, before anything she wanted to know if it was organic or not. "Was this sabotage?" She spoke louder now so others could hear her, as she tried to get a handle on the situation

Damira Ruo'sa

"It was sabotage on a serious level. Fortunately the ship has a redundant system. We are searching the access records, but so far we have not found an unaccounted access. Further more this strange substance is not something that should be on the ship, let alone in this room. The amount of energy that was needed to slag those units require combat weapon levels." Toidorno said to La'tâ.

Damira Ruo'sa

La'tâ frowned when the situation was explained to her, she suspected sabotage, but really did not want to entertain the idea that someone was trying to hard to potentially kill the entire ship. However it was concerning that there was no logs of the event either. "If there are no logs....then either they deleted them...or it is possible that it was someone who was supposed to be in here in the first place.." The idea that there could be a traitor was equally as distasteful to her, but her training as a retainer would not let her over look such a potential threat.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back