• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: Yome Ismâopate Ancient Enemy

Damira Ruo'sa

Toidorno turned to La'tâ, "In addition to the unidentified substance. I want you to check all of the surfaces here. I want a genetic scan from each surface. Once you complete the scan of substance, and identified who has been in the room in the last two saenor; bring the results to me. If any one questions you, inform them this is a security matter and move on."

Damira Ruo'sa

La'tâ gave a soft nod to Toidorno as she listened to the explanation. "A full genetic scan on all surfaces will take some time to process the results and identify all the components, but I assume I have the time?" As she spoke she already began to prepare her equipment, knowing how much work was ahead of her.

Damira Rou'sa

"You have as much time as you need. Tigar Taeas will stand guard at the door to ensure no one disturbs you, or tries to prevent you from your duties." Toidorno stated.

Tigar was a female Qaktoro with light brown fur with black spots. "I will ensure that you are not disturbed. I am in charge of ship security."

Toidorno looked at the two females. "You have your assignments. Contact me if anything significant comes up."

Damira Rou'sa

La'tâ turned their attention to Tigar a moment and gave them a nod of acknowledgement. "I am glad to have you as my protection." She then looked back to Toidorno as they finished and gave them a nod as well.

"Expect fine results." The Tula then gave a nod and began to get to work scanning the room, this would be a bit of a chore, but for her she was intrigued by the possible results and found herself a little excited.

Damira Rou'sa

There was a lot of samples what with all the people who had just been in the room. Fortunately, La'tâ could easily identify those samples and remove them from her workload. There were unidentified pools of liquid. Some of the seemed to be inorganic, resembling some kind of lubricant. A sample had remnants of Qaktoro DNA, but it was badly degraded. There were unrecognized genetic remnants in one of the similar puddles.

Damira Rou'sa

La'tâ took a moment of pause at the realization of the genetic samples, especially since they were within the strange substance. "Well..this could be worse than expected." She turned her attention to Tigar for a moment "How long do you think it will take for a list of all missing crewmen to be compiled? We might have a few deaths within this incident..."

As she spoke, she tried to run the inorganic sample through her databases to get the closest match to what it was.

Damira Rou'sa

Tigar looked at his Mako'sa Jodausa. "We have a recent list. It would seem that two were inside the Ruo'sa when whatever happened to them."

The inorganic sample was a complex chain of molecules. It appeared to be something that was undergoing a transition. But something stopped the process leaving the enigma.

Damira Rou'sa

La'tâ looked over the results with a troubled and worried expression before looking back to Tigar "Well...I normally wouldn't say this with so little evidence...but there is a chance that this is them...or part of them." She let out a heavy sigh and then moved on to scanning the rest of the room, for any traces of what might've happened.

Damira Rou'sa

Tigar moved some of the damaged items in the room. "Well, it would seem that whatever that other substance was, it came in through the the hull. Not a good way for a warrior to die."

La'tâ frowned and could only nod in confirmation with Tigar "Yes, whoever did this has no honor." She snarled a little in anger as she tried to find where the substance seeped through the hull.

Tigar pulled out a chemical sensor and attached it to a rod. "Since I can not dismantle this unit, I am going to use this rod to allow me to see what is there." Tigar cautiously maneuvered the sensor. The unit made a soft pinging sound as he moved it. When he shifted position, the unit emitted a high pitched constant tone. Using a grapple he clamped the unit and what it came in contact. He lifted it up slowly. From La'tâ's position, she could see a Qaktoro hand it was damaged. But what was worse though, the remnants of the arm looked like it had been transformed into a metal substance.

"What do you make of this La'ta? For that matter let's take this to the Wapoin Rou'sa (Medical Room)." He suggested.

La'tâ froze for a moment at seeing the hand, that was beyond her expectations, and not in a good way. She approached however and opened a sample bag for the hand to be placed in so they would not have to touch it. "You're right, this should go in for more comprehensive testing." She sighed "We'll need to restrict access to this room, sealed suits only...also make sure all air that runs out of this room gets double filtered before it enters the rest of the system."

Tigar nodded, "I'll take care of the necessary precautions. Get those samples to the Wapoin Rou'sa. I'm going to sterilize this compartment and seal the damage. Make sure to go through decontamination."

La'tâ nodded in return. "You should probably request an assistant if we have someone to spare. Just so you have someone to watch your back." After that she took a moment to collect everything and head for decontamination, she wanted to get the results quickly, but she wasn't going to rush so much that she would not have heard Tigar.

Tigar nodded, "I plan on having this room locked and guarded. At least until such time we can verify there is nothing left in there."

La'tâ gave a soft nod in return. "Thank you."

The Tula made her way to decontamination and got rid of the suit after making sure the samples were extra secure in case of leakage. It was a whole process, but it was an important one so she made sure to do it right.

Once that was done she put in a request to get the security footage from the Damira Rou'sa so she could see what happened, it might lead to some ideas about what the nature of this was.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back