• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Life Events Andrew in hospital, expects laptop access on night of 5/13

Sorry for lack of update, had spend some quality time "resting". So surprise, Im at home as of last night. They think I have a better chance at getting my strength back this way. I have a bone marrow aspirate at the L/BMT clinic at the end of the week. So I should be kicking around a bit more after some rest (I feel like I need a new energy source).

My bone marrow transplant is being set for the beginning of July. Im hoping that last fight will go well.

BM transplants suck and are painful but very effective. But if thats what ye gotta go through for bettering yeself! Get some rest and keep up ye energy~

Make sure you eat and drink a lot! Garlic and ginger are two good things to have in ye diet for that. As well as foodstuffs rich in Vitamin-A like leaf-greens, Kale, Etc.

Also vitamin-C but thats obvious.

Glad to hear from ye, Andrew.

You can face any challenge in front of you! I know what you mean about needing a new energy source! Writing down the habits/acts that give me joy and energize me has helped me hone in on what to do for myself in those moments where I wouldn't be able to pull them from thin air! I very much recommend that! If you don't have a journal, I'd also recommend that you get one, though sometimes the act of writing with pencil or pen can be taxing. Good thoughts are with you!

I've started the evaluation and assessment process for stem cell/bone marrow transplant, will let you guys know how this proceeds. Been at home a few days, catching up on sleep but I expect to return to SARP fully in the next few days once I feel adequately rested. Thanks all for your support.

I hope everything goes great so you can get better sooner! You're awesome. No worries on the SARP front, move at your own pace. Thanks for keeping us updated, too.

I agree with Wes! Sorry for giving multiple recommendations in a short timespan, but there are two phrases I want to say rn. "It'll be here when you get back." And a Wes one I have seen him say when people go away for work or the like, "We'll keep the lights on for when you return." They both sort of mean the same thing, but nobody's upset if it takes you a bit to get back fully and everything you can do on SARP, you will be able to do it when it makes the most sense for you to do it. There are a bunch of things only you can do and that the community is excited to see you do, but they don't have to be done in the next few days if it doesn't make sense for you and your body.

That being said, I look forward to any good news from you and am happy to patiently wait for when you're able to start up again due to good health! You can do this and have been doing so well, thus far!

Update....

Sorry I have not been able to update lately, the schedule for preparation for the bone marrow transplant has been intense. I had dental surgery today to extract many of my teeth, several of them had been damaged by the previous chemo and were an infection concern so the decision to pull them. I've had hospital appointments performing various tests from bone density to another bone marrow biopsy which we are still waiting for results on. This past Monday I had a lumbar puncture with an intrathecal delivery of chemotherapy, so I've spent most of the week when I've not been at appointments laying on my back to relieve the spinal headaches. Anyway trying to keep up with things going on here in my spare time. Re-admission date is set for July 2nd. Miss everyone. Thank you for your support!

I'm sorry to hear all that - but I admire the fact you keep SARP updated and keep fighting. My sentiment remains the same.

Best of luck, Andrew. We all know you can beat this thing.

You will beat this. You will take this disease by the throat and punch it in the face. You will look it straight in the eye and scare it so badly it will have nightmares of you when it sleeps at night! You will destroy this thing like a Plumeria destroys Mishnu! In other words You. Will. Kick. Ass. Good luck Andrew! :)

So an update - My bone marrow transplant has been delayed. Rather than admission on July 2nd, the admission will be later in the week (ill know the date soon). There also has been a change in the protocol because of issues with my lung function. It will be a lower intensity conditioning, which will pose less risk to me, but it will increase some risks after the transplant.

More delays...It looks like my admission is pushed back again for another week. Doctors are doing everything they can. Some good news though, my donor's stem cells arrived by plane on June 2nd and have been frozen in preparation for the transplant.

Nice, it must be reassuring to know that the donor cells are already lined up. There's a lot of folks out there waiting for a donator which may or may not come. I hope the operation is a big success. Just remember that all this you're going through is temporary. At the same time, don't get so focused on your medical stuff that you're not being you, if you know what I mean. There's always some small ways to express yourself and enjoy your hobbies whether that's brainstorming RP character ideas or writing a poem for a friend, etc. You're more than just a patient. :)

Hey all,

I started conditioning yesterday! finally. 2nd day of chemotherapy is today. The transplant will be on the 26th, when im done the protocol. Im slowly shifting around, hopefully as Wes said I can start focusing on some hobbys and RP to keep me busy...

Thanks for all the support!

I'm glad he's doing okay! Even with an infection that slowed him down, it's great news that he's getting better! ^^

RPG-D RPGfix
Back