• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Life Events Andrew in hospital, expects laptop access on night of 5/13

Oh no, hang in there Taisho! A Minori-class hospital vessel is en route to you now! 😷

Sending thoughts and prayers for a swift recovery ...

Sorry that there was a bit of a false start there. I've been in and out of the hospital because I picked up the damn flu. I am still planning on getting back to RPing and things here shortly I guess I just have to take it a bit more easily than I thought. The new immune system is a bit more fragile than I expected. Very sorry @Toshiro , we will get rolling again here shortly...

You don't need to apologize for something like this. I've seen how illness can impact things. We'll work around it, don't stress yourself.

Black elderberry is great to knock out a flu virus infection. and many other nasties. Easy to get from the drug store these days.

Vitamin D is really underappreciated too, especially in the wintertime as we deplete it with lack of sunlight. And considering your issues with bone marrow and such, might have lots of other benefits for your recovery from the more serious things.

Andrew's condition has taken another hit. The transplant left his immune system weakened and he contracted the flu. The change in blood chemistry triggered GVHD (a self-destructive immune system response), attacking his liver. He's being treated for that and jaundice right now. His mental health is at a low point from the constant strain, so well-wishes would probably be a good idea.

Last edited:
I'm really concerned for him and hearing that upsets me. Andrew's been through so much already, so many setbacks. He truly is a Star Army soldier in real life because he never gives up and I am proud that he is fighting so hard to get well. We are all wishing that he can get through this to live his normal life again.

For anyone who missed it in chat, Andrew will probably be stuck in the hospital for Christmas, so I asked that everyone on SARP take a moment to please make a digital Christmas card for him to send him a heartfelt message of caring.

Here's some of the ones we made so far:

1576963775094.png

1576963746258.png

From Alex Hart:

1576963893446.png

From Whisper:

1576963840719.png

Post yours here and/or send it to me and/or Toshiro and we'll make sure he gets it.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back