• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Animating Characters

So I've found that by using some free online tools we can create and animate character faces:
  1. Artbreeder.com allows us to make realistic faces for free
  2. MyHeritage, a family tree site, has a tool that animates faces from photos using some AI-based deepfake style process and it works on Artbreeder faces (signup is required unfortunately)
  3. Placeit.net allows us to take the animated face videos and convert them to gifs as well as crop them and resize (also requires an account)
When you combine these three things, you get character face animations like these:

km animated.gif mazu animated.gif

Update: Looks like you can only make 5 animations on the family tree site before it starts hitting you up for money.

Last edited:
<- The only reason why this isn't animated is because the file size was a bit low... It's from the crimefest thread...

RwItbPi.gif

Also, man, that artbreeder tech is getting pretty scary.

Aoba Kuranosuke.gif
A starship captain I'm working on.

theres an app on the apple store called avatarify that does stuff like that. upload a picture, do some stuff to it, and use it as an avatar kinda vtuber-style.

Not sure if you can record the result or do static stuff like the heritage one but i think its worth looking into.

Sweet Wes! I tried it and it's pretty awesome! I'm having some trouble uploading it here but here is the like to check it out.

Man, I should find photorealistic faces for my characters. I'm sure it'd go a long way when all I got is chibis lol

I can't! I just can't! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

This cracks me up! Especially the second one where Aoba is singing because he's soooo serious.
I just showed it to my wife and she started cracking up too!

Last edited:
This is so fascinating from a coding and technical execution standpoint, but utterly unnerving in a setting off my Uncanny Valley fight-or-flight response lmao

Any irregularities in an ai made photorealistic vs. a real photograph are magnified a lot when he next ai does its thing.

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back