• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Annie's Art Thread Mk II ('Draw me a thing!' edition)

Or, the "I like to experiment with art but lack characters to do so on because my creativity is fried by the fact that I'm paid to draw genitalia all day, so give me some guinea pigs" thread.

So, yes, I like to draw. Drawing is cool. Unfortunately I don't have that much time to do it for myself anymore because I'm doing it for other people. Usually for money. (My website is laughably blank right now because I'm trying to find time to build up a portfolio of awesome. Right now my life is full of sticky goopy art, and while I'm grateful to have it pay for my food, I'd like to be paid on the regular for less goopy art with fewer dangly bits if I can help it. Eventually. But not today.

Anyway! I might be showcasing some stuff here. But I'm MOSTLY asking if anyone wants art of their character drawn, free of charge, but with the catch that I'm totally gonna do it in whatever style of drawing I feel I need to experiment in/improve upon my expressions or anatomy or whatever, then feel free to bump this little baby up with a description, reference images, whatever. I don't discriminate between characters who have art and don't. Just depends on how inspired I'm feeling at the time.

Most of what I do will probably be sketches, portraits, but there might be a few grayscales here or there, a fullbody sketch, or colored doodles. It's basically a tossup depending on how I feel!

So if you're willing to put your character's face in my hands (that doesn't sound weird at all) for no money with no guarantee of a quick turnaround time or quality or style (I'm really making this sound appealing, aren't I? But, seriously, when I get caught up with paid work I tend to grind my butt off so don't hate me if it takes a while to get to your request!), then link and type and embed pics and I'll get around to it whenever I'm free.

Otherwise, I'll occasionally post my drawings here because I like to art and am desperately in need of people to share it with. ( ;-;)

Love and kisses!

~A!

Not to be a downer, but I looked at her terms for commissions, and they say she keeps the rights to the work, which means you'll never get (own) the commission you paid for, you only get to look at it. It also means you can't upload it to Star Army's wiki, because you can only upload images you have rights to use (and give Star Army a license to reuse/remix). So I would recommend against getting Star Army art from Annie, unless you work out some sort of special deal with her or use a contract like I do.

I'm not particularly worried about it. It's a character I'm not actively using right now, but would be interested in seeing drawn. Probably wouldn't do a commission for Aiaru right now, but if Annie wants to draw characters for the heck of it, I don't see how it can hurt anything.

Wes said:
Not to be a downer, but I looked at her terms for commissions, and they say she keeps the rights to the work, which means you'll never get (own) the commission you paid for, you only get to look at it. It also means you can't upload it to Star Army's wiki, because you can only upload images you have rights to use (and give Star Army a license to reuse/remix). So I would recommend against getting Star Army art from Annie, unless you work out some sort of special deal with her or use a contract like I do.

My terms are worded the way they are to prevent people from making a profit off of my work without my permission (E: Which is kind of standard for most artist's terms of service these days, to keep themselves from getting cheated), not to prevent them from showcasing it where they want to.

And if it's a big deal I'm sure something can be worked out so that there isn't some need to say 'DON'T COMMISSION HER, YOU'LL BE PULLED INTO AN INESCAPABLE PIT'.

That's also for commissions, not free requests done because I feel like it, which I'D HOPE people aren't going to go and throw on merchandise and become billionaires off of without due credit.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back