• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Are NH-12 Nekos Still Around?

Paracelcus

Inactive Member
In my reading on the NH-series, I found myself particularly intrigued by the prospect of the NH-17/NH-12.

As the article states that the NH-17 model was widely produced and can still be found 'wherever the empire has touched' despite no longer being in production, and further states that all NH-17 models are essentially also NH-12s, would a 'mini' be a viable Star Army character?

How common should such models be assumed to be?

Er, NH-12s and eventually NH-17s were completely phased out. There are some 8-inch NH-29s but they're pretty rare. It's possible, though.

Ah, I see.

One small clarification: by 'phased out', do you mean no longer in active service in the Star Army, or no longer in existence at all?

Rare, but possible? Hopeful. Huzzah.

They're pretty much been phased out of the RP and replaced by the NH-29. No further NH-12 or NH-17 characters will be approved.

The original NH-12's were mini NH-17's. So if there are "Mini 29's" They'd be NH-12B's, and it'd make no sense to get rid of them entirely as they are the above. o_O

not that lacking NH-12s is a big problem, but the Sylph can still be piloted by younglings (baby 29s), but I'd assume that that's only while they're still younglings (it takes ~3 months for them to grow so I'd guess they can pilot for ~1.5-2 months). The only issue is, as far as I am aware of, Yamatai doesn't produce younglings, just fully formed adult 29s though I'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard for them to do.

edit:

since the NH-17 and NH-12 have been phased out of roleplay, does this mean they have been phased out of production as well? if so, could I go ahead and make edits to their respective pages indicating such?

but I'd assume that that's only while they're still younglings (it takes ~3 months for them to grow so I'd guess they can pilot for ~1.5-2 months)
NH-29 mini-nekos can delay their growth if they want, so it could last long as needed.

The only issue is, as far as I am aware of, Yamatai doesn't produce younglings, just fully formed adult 29s though I'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard for them to do.
Little nekos are made occasionally, but there's not a lot of demand for them these days.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back