• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Are there race restrictions in the SAoY?

SageShooter

🎨 Media Gallery
Wes said:
I don't have any problems with the bio, but the Star Army is about to disallow Nepleslians from serving in it.

Is this true Wes? And will it extend to all Nepleslians that are currently in the YSA, Such as Miles, Nyton, and Tom?

Re: Nepleslian service in the YSA

JoMidori said:
Wes said:
I don't have any problems with the bio, but the Star Army is about to disallow Nepleslians from serving in it.

Is this true Wes? And will it extend to all Nepleslians that are currently in the YSA, Such as Miles, Nyton, and Tom?
Yes, it is. They'll get orders to switch to Yamataian bodies.

So while I know there isn't necessarily restrictions within the SAoY in terms of a species, @Wes, I was wondering if there were ROLE restrictions. The reason why I wonder this is partially because I recall a while back when I noticed there wasn't a single armor that supported a Separa'Shan, for example, who are one of the core races of Yamatai these days. I'm sure people can always transfer bodies to a Neko to undergo certain roles, but that's also an extreme for some cultures (ST transfers to some are essentially blasphemy in their culture/religion).

That said: are there role/occupation restrictions for certain species within Yamatai? Like a Kodian can't be a technician because of their BEAR HANDS being too big? Or, like a while back, Separa'Shan lacking PA that was adjusted to their physical features and likely had issue as soldiers? It could be a good thing to outline somewhere, even if only as a footnote on another page.

There's not strictly-defined positions but the Star Army strives to only place soldiers in roles they can actually perform well in. So while Nekovalkyrja get put everywhere, there's more natural species like Phods or baseline humans in occupations like cooking and logistics than in combat occupations.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back