• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Are you asking me to dance?

Shiny

🔰 New Member
Inactive Member
What do you call yourself?
You can call me Shiny. Once you get to know me, you'll understand how fitting it is.

How'd you find Star Army?
THE D!!! rpg-directory.

What interested you in joining?
I love sci-fi and space. Star Army is so detailed and thought out, everything is organized and has a place. It just seems like an established site that is also very welcoming. That's super rare.

Ever done this text-based roleplaying thing before? Any previous experiences you want to share?
Yup! I started out as a wee little babe, writing very poorly on neopets. I just recently, within the past year found what forum roleplaying was about. I joined a space western site and LOVED it. Sadly, that site is under some heavy construction and I'm not sure when it'll be back. It's been a few months that I've been lost on the internet without a place to get my space muse out.

Now for the questionnaire!

Do you prefer:
  • Playing male, female, or other-gendered characters?
    I've played male and female roles. I'm not opposed to any gender though.
  • Spontaneous or planned RP?
    I like both. I enjoy spending the time with another player, geeking out over little head-canon things your characters share. Plotting and just talking about interactions sparks so much creativity. But, on the other hand, just diving in and having something spontaneous and organic is also very nice!
  • Military or civilian characters?
    I've only ever played civilian characters.
  • Humans, androids, anthros, or aliens?
    I think they all sound fun! Writing a human is obviously more natural, but I think pushing your limits and stretching your creativity to incorporate something outside of your comfort zone is good for a person.
  • Being on a starship or being on a planet?
    Starship! I mean, planets are great and all, but I've already spent all of my life on one. I want to imagine I'm somewhere unlike the places I've been before.
  • Roleplay via forum posts or in real-time?
    I like both, I think it's just what kind of mood you're in. If you want to some plots out quick because you're super excited and can't wait, or it you want to take time and write lengthy posts that inspire you and other players to write in great detail.
On a scale of 1 to 3, what's your preferred level of these in your RP:
  • Language: 2 - I don't need to be shown the diversity of every cuss word. I want to see what other words everyone knows and invoke more feeling than a four-lettered profanity.
  • Violence: 2/3 - Situational. Needless and unnecessary stuff is just bad, but if the time and place calls for some blood and guts, punches and biting; I'm okay with pretty much anything.
  • Sexuality: 2/3 - I've read some pretty heated things, and I've been comfortable with that. I've also tried to take a shot at writing dirty plots myself. It's just not for me. Everything gets repetitive. Also, the suspense and build-up is what makes me want to read/write sexual things, so it would also be situational.
What's something cool you'd love to RP?
Something poignant and important. I want to be apart of plots that are fun to read and fun to write.

Wow! Thanks for joining us! We're different in a lot ways from the average RPG-D-listed site. For example most of us have never heard the term plotter. The typical thing to do is to hop on a plot and ride it for as long as you like, but I'm also trying to encourage more random encounters and short term RPs because those are more easily accessible. If you're active here, ask me about getting art for your character. Let me know what questions you have and any feedback or suggestions you have. I am trying to make the site less complex to join.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back