• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: NovaCorp/Horizon City Art on the Horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler

Inactive Member
After the big lunch, a half dozing Elena pointed her brother to where she was staying while she was on the Horizon. She wanted to get her stuff in preparation to go with him back to Yamatai, and live there for a while. He let her down once in the door and took a seat in a nearby chair while Elena giggled and ran off to pack up her things. Leaving Kai to think about the issues on his mind, he'd have to earn a ship to get back home with, after all he did come here under the guise of an artist on commission.

"Hey Kip, I know you're listening in. Can I ask you something?" He asked the air, knowing Kip the AI was listening.

"Of course." Kip apeared in a pillar of light, in his slightly weatered fatherly form, "You can ask me anything. Need any help Elena?" He called, measuring the volume perfectly, and in a freindly tone of voice.

Elena shook her head, wrestling with a bag that didn't want to close because of a stuck zipper. "No thank you uncle Kip." She said with a grunt.

Kai looked over at her through the door and chuckled a bit, seeing her wrestling with it. Then got down to business so to speak. "Kip, it's about time I leave; and I plan to take Elena with me. She's expressed interest in seeing where I live normally. But I need a ship or a ride back to Yamatai. Could you arrange for it in exchange for a painted portrait of her?" He nodded to the little girl in the other room.

"Sure. That would make the whole thing good and legal. Then we have something to show for your visit. And although I remember every second with Elena, a picture would be wonderfull, thank you. I'll clear it with our directors." Kip seemed distracted, unknown to Kai he was thinking about the Ender outside the Horizon.

Kip used his hardlight to help Elena with her case.

Elena miled as the hardlight helped her with the stuck zipper. "Thanks." she said and walked back in dragging it rollingly behind her.

Kai smirked to her. "alright. Come here Elena." he said

"Yeah?" she asked, walking over pulling her rolling bag along behind her.

"Would you like to pose for a picture for Uncle Kip?" Kai asked bringing a canvas out of the case he was carrying.

"Sure!" She giggled and let her bag drop and took a seat in the chair across from her brother and smiled. "Like this?"

"That's perfect." he said with a grin. "you're going to have to hold still for a while ok?"

"Ok, I can do that." The girl said excited at being in a picture.

He got to work after producing a few paints and brushes from holders that were under his canvas in the briefcase, it wasn't a big one but it would be just right it seemed. He got to work on the portrait, it'd take an hour or more to finish it though, but at the moment that didn't seem to matter.

"Oh, what are your plans now? I've prepared the ship already, but I, and Zeke, are intrested what you are going to do now." Kip asked, carefull not to disturb Kai or Elena, and judging the time of his asking, his tone and volume to make sure he would make the least possible disruption. Kip also fought the temptation to make funny faces at Elena.

He also began preperations to bump into production the Kante and to spread them around the edge of the Fenyar cloud. And he continued designing his pet project.

Kai was indeed busy on the piece of artwork and didn't respond for a moment. But when he stopped to shake the stress out of his fingers and to give elena a break for a moment he replied. "Well I thought about going back home and trying to talk to Ayame about her side of the situation." He said quietly. After a few more moments, he nodded to Elena; who took her position again as Kai got back to work.

"Alright, I'll be back after you've finished. There's no point me waiting here and distracting you." Kip disapeared in a pillar of light and butterflies, which soon disapeared themselves in bursts of light.

Because of the smaller nature of the portrait, the painting didn't take that long really and Kai (with Elena) were finished within the period of 2 hours. He showed his sister the finished product to see what she thought about it, the portrait showed her looking rather cute in her pose with a couple small butterflies around her, inspired from when Kip vanished earlier. "It's great, you're really talented." Elena giggled.

"I know...it's nothing big really..." Kai replied, modest.

"Don't be so hard on yourself, it's still good." She reassured.

Kai called to Kip to inform him that he was finished with the agreed upon portrait. "Kip? I'm finished here, would you like to see if the product is to your liking?" He asked the random AI.

"It's brilliant Kai, really briliant." Kip apeared from no where "That is sufficient. I've aranged your transport aboard one of our new shuttles. Bay 3, ship 15. It will take you whereever you want to go. Oh, and Kai, be carefull. I don't know what I'd do if Elena got hurt, and with water this murky, it's always possible. Unfortunatly my influence outside this station is pretty much zilch. Good luck both of you. Goodbye Elena, I've loved having you here, and I will miss you dearly" Kip smiled sadly and disapeared, the door opened, suggesting that they could leave, arrows in the air showing the way. If he could cry in an actual sense, rather than his avatars simulating it, he would.

(OCC: Feel free to finnish this, the shuttle in question is the Jilanth modle, the pilot is chatty and freindly. Kip will not intervene again.)

"Thank you Kip." Kai said and packed up his supplies as Elena looked at Kip a bit sad. She'd hug him if he were physical but he wasn't oh well. "Bye Uncle Kip! I'll contact you again when we get there to let you know we're ok" She said as they headed out and followed the arrows to the shuttle and once aboard the clearly delineated shuttle (belonging to NC) . They departed the Horizon and headed back home for Yamatai, a trip that'd take only a few hours. The trip back wasn't boring however, as the pilot was friendly enough and liked to talk, which fit just right to avoid boredom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back