• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Soyokaze (Aside 3.2) Interview with Freyja

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi

Inactive Member
Soyokaze Captain's Office

Sitting behind her desk in her lovely decorated and furnished office, Kuroiairisu Saeko took a sip of coffee as she reviewed some information on a volumetric screen before her. She had gotten notice that there was a new recruit coming aboard, and they were going to be showing up so, so she wanted to have at least read their jacket.

Soyokaze Corridors

Freyja Horikoshi, was short even for a Neko. She had a light tan skin and short white hair, which flared out to the sides and barely reached her shoulders, and deep crimson red eyes. Speaking of eyes, her left one had a discolored ring of gold around the edge of the iris, which most wouldn't notice unless it was pointed out to them. She also has almost no breasts to speak of, barely an A cup actually. Unfortunately, she was completely and utterly lost. She had no idea where anything was, and she would sometimes have trouble navigating areas she already knew very well, so these seemingly endless hallways through the ship were a nightmare to her...

"This isn't okay, I just... need to find the office or... something. right? Why is that so hard!"

She was a bit small even among other neko's, barely over five feet, and at this moment, she couldn't have possibly been more nervous. this was her first assignment since her training, and was hoping things would just 'work out' but, obviously things weren't off to a great start getting lost from the entrance to the office...

At first a disinbodied voice spoke up before a neko form slowly appeared walking next to Frayja, "Hello miss, the Soyokaze is a large ship isn't she?" the body of the Neko looked solid and she could touch things if necessary, but Jayne smiled with a bubbly youthful expression, her eyes smiled with the rest as she walked in step, though silently, with Freyja.

"EEP!" Freyja half jumped back when she noticed the AI, she wasn't used to being the one snuck up on, she quickly recovered though and nodded somewhat enthusiastically, if confused.

"Yeah it is pretty big... in fact, its so big that I got lost pretty much after I couldn't see the entrance any more so uh... wait whats your name? I don't think we've been introduced..." She said that as she reached out to test the solidity of said Neko projection, she hadn't met many AI's before this.

"Well Deary, I am Jayne, the Soyokaze's Main MEGAMI system, though there are others I cover the bulk of the ship and help out with most personnel issues, I believe you are..." There was a momentary pause as if she was reading something in the air. "Santo Hei Freyja Horikoshi, and I also believe you are looking for the Captain's office. Am I mistaken?"

She grinned a bit sheepishly at the projection and Nodded. "Yes, and like I said I am completely lost... So can you take me there? Honestly if you gave me directions I probably wouldn't be able to follow them very well..." She continued as she nervously scratched the back of her head.

"I can do that, or I can project a volumetric arrow for you to follow. Which ever you will fill more comfortable with." Jayne grinned and studied the neko beside her. "I know you are pretty new from the tubes. So just relax, most of this will come to you."

She thought for a moment and grinned back and replied with "Well, I'd honestly feel more comfortable with you, or at least your projection taking me there, even if we aren't going to talk much on the way there..." She took a deep breath and nodded again. "Alright, I'm not as sure as you are but I'll try and relax... it's just that... Well, nevermind I guess I could talk to you later if I'm having trouble... for now, interview!." Once again, she took to some deep breathing and started taking in everything around her, not totally sure what to make of it all just yet.

As the walked Jayne led here through a few halls before taking a lift a few decks, "It's just what?" The AI asked gently trying to help the Hei out.

She shrugged and watched the numbers as they flitted by before she answered with "I don't know i mean, its just weird to me... I mean suddenly, I exist and I'm off to go into combat." She sighed and looked at the Neko a bit more closely. "I mean, I don't 'feel' that real... its just, most people live for years and years before doing anything like this! But here I am, suddenly just... here. Its kind of hard to describe." She shook it off and looked back as the number changed again "It's not that big of a deal it just feels really... sudden."

"I understand. I came online less the 6 months ago. With a flick of a switch I was. Now I'm the brains and soul of this ship, I'm in charge of four other MAGAMI AIs. Life is about experiences, and with them you will find yourself feeling more. Just remember that since you feel something, that makes you very real." The lift chimed and the doors slid open before them. "Well this is your stop, third door on the left, It has a label. I have to go, there is another fire in the mess. Take care, and call for me anytime you need." She smiled and winked before fading away to nothing.

She stood in the elevator slightly longer than necessary, and processed several things at once, one of them having been 'fire' and 'again' used in the same sentence. "Right... I think therefore I am..." She took a deep breath and managed to not go in the wrong door and fail to follow the simple directions, and stood there for a moment before knocking at her future captain's door.

Soyokaze Captain's Office[b/]

Looking up from the screen Saeko stared at the door for a moment, it had been a really long time since she had heard someone knock on a door hatch. She smiled and closed the volumetric screen down before calling out, "Come in"

Freyja opened the door and stepped through, biting her lip before she regained what little composure she had and said " Santô Hei Freyja Horikoshi Reporting for duty."

The cold solid black orbs that were Saeko's eyes fixed on Freyja, she noticed a lack of bow or salute. Frowning she sat there watching the new recruit. Seems they arn't teaching all the stuff anymore in those classes... The Captain thought as she pondered how to breach the subject. "Are they not teaching you to bow in boot anymore, hell I remember when they didn't even teach you to salute, and now they dropped both." She placed both hands before her on the desk, folding them and staring over them.

She opened and closed her mouth for a moment, completely horrified that she had forgotten. What an excellent first impression I've made. She Thought to herself as she hastily bowed. "Sorry, it won't happen again ma'am!" she finished and raised up, desperate to keep her face from getting any redder, and absolutely withering under her gaze. But at the same time, they kind of reminded her of space, she and to admit that despite the frown accompanying their cold glint, they were kind of pretty. Of course this didn't stop her from being absolutely terrified, any less than seeing the awesome grace of a lion as it leaps at you with its mouth about to eat your whole face, so of course she said nothing more and stood ram rod straight after the bow.

"Well that is good. I would hate to have to seen a nasty letter to the commandant of the training facility and complain about their over site." She motioned before her to a chair before standing up.

"Please have a seat, would you like anything? I have some coffee or water, but I can have the steward bring anything else in for you." She grabbed her half empty cold coffee mug before turning to the little table in the corner that hat a urn on a Silver tray.

She gingerly stepped forward and placed herself in the chair before she declined the offer of a drink. "I- I'm fine, I had something before I got here anyways... speaking of such I think Jayne mentioned something about a fire in the mess." Actually, her stomach was completely empty. good thing too, she felt like she was about to puke. Things can't possibly get any worse than they already are Freyja, just calm... down... and relax. She released a breathe of air she didn't realize she was holding, and sat expectantly, her hands curled into fists on her lap.

"Again? I'm going to have to bring in new mess staff and move the ones we have to deck polishing." She groaned as she poured her mug and tossed a few sugar cubes in. As she walked back to her seat she stirred the coffee. "So please tell me about yourself. And please remember I have your service jacket, and have read it. Please tell me something I can't get from there."

She clenched her fists a little tighter and grinned nervously, "Well I can't take teasing all that well... and I uh, really don't like ghost stories, I know they aren't real but they um, kind of freak me out any ways... But I really like space its just so... quiet. Even when it shouldn't be. " She got a kind of far away look and continued with. "But it also seems like it would be really lonely, and somehow, that scares me about it but... it just seems like an amazing thing to always be traveling across." She Fidgeted a moment and one of her ears did a weird flicking thing as she sat there. "Oh, and I also like music, and would probably like to learn to sing... someday."

"So know campfire stories on an asteroid in deep space, Check" The coldness of her eyes gave way to almost a cheery deminor. "though the singing bit, maybe you should find and talk to another new kid aboard, he sings, not half bad at that." She took a sip of her refreshed coffee.

"So you're here to be a soldier aboard my ship, That would put you under... uhh let's see..." She opened a volumetric screen and ran a finger down before stopping at a name. "Nitô Heisho Misato Suzume, she is in charge of all combat infantry aboard. I haven't had a change to get down to the PA bay and talk to her yet."

"What made you want to go for grunt opposed to somewhere else in Star Army?"

She shrugged and pondered the question for a moment. "Well, I thought I'd start with the basics I suppose, and besides, Going to new and interesting planets... even if I'm getting shot at, might be a refreshing experience." She grinned at Saeko for a moment and said "Besides, I'm a quick learner... If i decide to try something else like, piloting, I could always cross train for it."

"This is true, but old XO on my past ship was a grunt at first but then she crossed trained to a fighter jock, then to command. So anything is possible. As long as you work hard for it. No one here with just hand you things. " Saeko looked serious for a moment before taking another sip of her coffee. "So are there any questions you have for me? Don't be afraid, I don't bite and I'm willing to answer just about anything." She was a firm believer in trust and relation ships on a ship, though it was formed from commanding such a small ship before.

Freyja frowned for a moment and said "Well, I'd ask why your MEGAMI system says that there's a fire in the mess hall again so casually, But I'm sure thats not that important so... I guess i don't really have that many questions, or any at all really."

"The answer for that is simple: Our cooks here are third string at best and it seems they couldn't even cut it in a slum ridden fast food joint on Nepleasia if their lives depended on it. But I was meaning, do you have any questions about me." She smiled.

"Oh, i thought that was what you meant but i didn't... okay, What's it like to travel around like this, on command of your own ship? And how long have you been doing this for?"

"Don't sweat it, As for the rest... Hm..." She thought for a moment leaning back into her chair, letting her feet twist her back and forth as she thought, "Starting off I'm Six years old. Though I have only been in command the last three. I started off as a pilot on a small gun ship then became it's XO, then got transfered to her sister-ship as the commander of it. Now I'm here. as for 'My own ship,' it isn't mine, it is the Star Army's, but I get to play with it. It is stressful unthankful work, but I love it, I get to meet so many different people and well interviewing new members is some of the funner highlights. Though there are times I wish I was just a ship operator again, things were easier then." She smiled hoping the answer covered what Freyja wanted to know.

She thought for a moment before smiling back with a nod. "Alright, I guess that's it... And I guess I can see why interviewing a new member could be a highlight... anyways, I guess thats all of my questions..." At some point she had relaxed slightly, she didn't quite recall when, but at some point she no longer felt like she has a steel rod jammed up her spine, and sat in a still formal but less... tense position.

"You seem not to be sure of much, try not guessing." Saeko winked at Freyja, "The rest of the crew is out on leave for the next few days, find a bunk, I'm sure Jayne would love to help you with that, and then go enjoy yourself. i think some of the crew tore off to go shopping if you want to catch up with them." She leaned forward slightly leaning against her desk, "just make sure to check in with Misato before you go on duty."

She nodded with a "Yes ma'am" She bowed and headed out, and as she opened the door she said over her shoulder "I'll go and catch up with them after I get settled... not that I have that much with me." And with that, she headed off, and quickly got lost before asking Jayne if there was a map she could use.

Once the door closed behind Freyja, Saeko smiled and leaned back into her chair. She was glad the girl relaxed during the interview, she just hoped she would continue to be relaxed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back