• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: Setareh Wing [Aside] Three Out of Four

Ametheliana

Head in the Stars
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
VSV Arha
Bridge

Officer Naak Behea looked at the Sengrauv as he spoke, focusing on the dim glow of his blue eyes as she did.

"I have a few more recommendations, as well," he continued.

"More recommendations are welcome," Naak replied curtly.

"Additions to Setareh Wing. I would like you to meet some of them, now."

Naak replied, "I'd like to meet them one at a time, if at all possible."

"Right, then we'll do one at a time." Leaning down to tap something out on one of the three semicircular rows of keys on the pad nearest him, he continued, "Prepare to meet one named Akjit Chirimar."

"What's his rank?" Naak asked.

"Marbalri," the Sengraiv answered.

"My apologies, Sengraiv, but what will he bring to the Wing?" Naak asked as she cocked her head.

"He was on Bahram Wing with Ishtar," the Sengraiv replied. It all made sense to Naak and she nodded, silvery black hair moving against her waist as she did. The Sengraiv raised his brows and looked to the entrance to the bridge, flicking his eyes back at Naak after he had done so before looking back to the entrance again. She took the cue to turn around, hoping to see the newest addition to Setareh Wing there.

The figure standing in the doorway could only be described as bold. With the messy hair of a renegade and a handsome face marred by large scars, the young man looked like a rogue, his slim yet muscular build giving him a presence that could be felt. Standing there at the threshold, he looked at each of them in turn before finally speaking.

"S-sorry! I got the wrong room!" Akjit apologized, hands up in a meek defense. Hurriedly making his way out, the two could hear the Ivuori's worried footsteps outside as he went about before finally finding someone. "Excuse me! Do you know where..." For a moment, the young man and the other person awkwardly went over the details a bit before they finally heard a surprised gasp. "You mean, that room? Over there?" They could hear Akjit gulp as the other person asked if something was wrong. "Oh, no, not at all! T-that's great, yeah," he nervously replied. "Thanks!" For a moment more, they were left waiting for the Marbalri to come over, but instead, they could both tell he was standing just out of sight, most likely trying to work up the nerve to enter again.

With smooth steps and a flawless salute, Akjit entered and introduced himself.

"Marbalri Akjit Chirimar, reporting as ordered."

His face was still red despite the stone cold expression he wore.

The Bridge

The Sengraiv and Naak Behea returned Akjit's salute, both of which were crisp and direct. Naak wondered what it was that had made him so counter-intuitively run around almost aimlessly and when he had exited the room before entering again, she spoke to the Sengraiv under her breath.

"Is this the Runner?"

The Sengraiv replied, "He's the one."

"And you're sure about him?"

"One of the best Haidan Runners there is to date."

As Akjit approached, they ended their quick discussion and, remaining silent, the Sengraiv made it apparent that Naak should address Akjit. Dressed in full Vanguard uniform, she stepped forward and gripped her fingerless gloves behind her back loosely.

"The Sengraiv tells me illustrious things about your career, Marbalri. I am more than happy to have you on Setareh Wing. Are you willing to enter battle again as a part of a wing to defeat our enemies and bring us closer to a unified Commonwealth?" Naak said, her green and blue eyes studying Akjit while she spoke to him.

Last edited:
To Akjit, these two people were scary looking. The Sengraiv - the Fleet Commander - simply didn't need explanation. He was the highest authority here after all, and in this lighting, looked especially daunting. Judgemental. All powerful. Then there was the Lanranr. She looked as hard and stern as she was pretty. It was hard enough to talk to someone pretty, but with all that might and power behind her, and the cool, calculating demeanor to pull it all off? To Akjit, this was utterly disheartening. When her lips moved, he watched them, carefully, frightened of just what they summoned him for. What kind of horrific duty would the ask of him? Hadn't he given enough for the Commonwealth already?!

"Huh?" Akjit asked, the expression of stony stoicism breaking into utter befuddlement. It took him a moment to take that in. "M-my apologies! I thought for a moment I was being asked for more than that! Yes! I accept this duty!"

The Bridge

The Sengraiv and Officer Behea shared a look, each of them with varying looks of obfuscation. Naak Behea wanted to ask the Sengraiv what it could possibly have been that Akjit would have expected, but allowed their shared look of perplexment to appease her confusion for the time being. Perhaps she would ask later what extra tasks a Frame Runner expected to do above and beyond the ordinary. She believed being on a wing was possibly the most difficult thing someone in the Astral Vanguard could be put up to.

"That is all, Marbalri Chirimar," the Sengraiv told him with a voice that had hints of modulated resonance to it. "Unless there are any questions you may have of me or of Officer Behea before the next mission."

The Bridge

The Sengraiv and Naak both saluted in unison to Akjit to dismiss him. He returned their salute and took leave of them and Naak turned to the Sengraiv.

"He's an ace pilot?" she asked.

The Sengraiv nodded to her, saying, "You can expect very good things from him on the battlefield."

"I trust I will, if you say it is going to be so," Naak replied before they talked on about the rest of his recommendations.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back