• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Implemented Astronomical Map Updates Public

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaWolfe

Retired Staff
So the current topic is that only FM/GM can see the updates to the Kikyo sector map. Would it be a good idea to have a public thread where members of our beloved community give us update on the work in progress of the star system of planets that later on (when approved) can be used to notify Wes that a system needs to be added :)

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I like this, suggestion, because it will be easier to add to the topic, and hopefully what we are adding gets submitted.

In all honesty, this is kind of one of those - It should just happen, type of things.

All players should be able to submit things to be added to the star map, etc.

I never actually realized that the starmap update thread was FM/GM only. Upvoting, it just makes things simpler.

This should remain in the hands of FMs, who are responsible for everything new that happens in their factions. In the case of independent stuff, map updates are always tied to some sort of plot and has legitimately never been a problem because the GM of whatever plot can simply go post in the thread. I don't see any value whatsoever in allowing everybody to post star map updates; the site's roles (GM, FM, Setting Manager, etc.) have different levels of responsibility for a good reason.

Counterargument, I'm not a GM person. However, I do from time to time want to write my own side stories that might involve new places on the map. GMs are not the only ones who can write new lore.

Nobody once suggested that only GMs (or FMs) add to the lore. This is a thread about the starmap update mechanism, which is fine as-is.

And there's nothing wrong with continuing to leave map update requests in the hands of FMs and GMs, who are responsible party for consistency and quality in the setting ;)

And there's nothing wrong with continuing to leave map update requests in the hands of FMs and GMs, who are responsible party for consistency and quality in the setting ;)
So if people create a location, it gets approved by the reviewer (as that is the process) an FM already approved it in that review. Then the player requires to go to the GM or FM to request the add where it then posted in the said thread.

I see the redundancy in that last step, I would give the player the honor that worked on that said location to post it. But that might be my logic thinking.

I would give the player the honor that worked on that said location to post it.
I'm not seeing any "honor" to be had in more post clutter when the process works fine as it is already. Speaking of clutter: instead of continuing this back and forth, maybe just let the suggestion's votes play out and wait to see if Wes wants to implement the idea.

I'm not seeing any "honor" to be had in more post clutter when the process works fine as it is already. Speaking of clutter: instead of continuing this back and forth, maybe just let the suggestion's votes play out and wait to see if Wes wants to implement the idea.
So you want to keep at a system that “works” while the thread last post was back 2 years ago and yet more locations got added. I think the FMs and GM has missed the dossier on their desk growing per request :)

but you are right let’s wait and see what the community wants :D

the thread last post was back 2 years ago and yet more locations got added.
It's because anybody can PM Wes and ask him directly already. We don't really need to be sharing GM/FM board stuff with everyone.

It's because anybody can PM Wes and ask him directly already. We don't really need to be sharing GM/FM board stuff with everyone.
Which is strange by itself and we also have star system not on the map. I stick with my feedback and await what the community wants 😁

• Haha
Reactions: raz
Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back