• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

At long last...

Alphadon

🔰 New Member
Inactive Member
What do you call yourself?
Alphadon, as here, though I have been called Alpha or just Alph by friends.
How'd you find Star Army?
I don't even remember! I discovered it years ago, and I was waiting ages until I was old enough to join.
Then I finally was, and I forgot about it for two years. But, time to make up for lost time!
What interested you in joining?
To be perfectly honest, and no offense to other factions or their fans, Yamatai. It's everything I want in a sci-fi nation.
Ever done this text-based roleplaying thing before?
Yes, but not a huge amount, and not in a very organized way.
Any previous experiences you want to share?
Not really, I'm afraid. Nothing really notable has happened in my short RP career.
Now for the questionnaire!

Do you prefer:
  • Playing male, female, or other-gendered characters?
    You know, I always THINK that I'm fine with anything, but every single character I've played has ended up being female. So I'd say that I definite prefer to play women.
  • Spontaneous or planned RP?
    Both! I think they both have specific circumstances they should be used in for a complete experience.
  • Military or civilian characters?
    Military seems to provide more immediate dramatic opportunities, but I think that I'd enjoy civilian RP once I get used to things.
  • Humans, androids, anthros, or aliens?
    Eh...Nekovalkyrja are sorta all four at once, aren't they? :p
  • Being on a starship or being on a planet?
    Starships, with planetary interludes.
  • Roleplay via forum posts or in real-time?
    Real-time is nice and dynamic, but forum posts do allow more consistent characterization since I have more time to think.
On a scale of 1 to 3, what's your preferred level of these in your RP:
  • Language: 2 for myself, but I don't mind if others go up to 3.
  • Violence: 3.
  • Sexuality: 2, albeit rising to 3 in...special kinds of RP.
What's something cool you'd love to RP?
Building up friendships, finding a place in a team, and then dying making it through battles by the skin of our teeth together.
Though I guess with ST technology, it can be both...

Welcome! I am stoked you hear you're a Yamatai fan and I look forward to how you build onto the Star Army's history as you RP. One of the cool things about Star Army is that you get to leave your own mark on the universe instead of just being a consumer (like the RPs based on movies and stuff) and I'm sure there's stuff you want to expand on!

Thanks a bunch, everyone. I'm still a little nervous about this whole thing, so I'll probably take a while to settle into the community before hopping into the roleplay itself.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back