• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Abandoned Submission Automata awaiting approval

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
There are already playable robot constructs called "Automata" in SARP as part of the Freespacer species. You'll probably need to find a new name for these guys.

Just checking, but from what I've read this species is not really 'uniform'. If it is simply the name the culture gives to any machine intelligence, then I do believe it doesn't need a species page. I'll ask Wes, so leave the page for now. But I think you just need a note that mechanical constructs can be treated as citizens as well and are referred to as "Apparati".

Now that these are smart slug dudes, the only thing that seems to be an obstacle to approval is the telekinetics, which are considered magic and therefore not wanted in our sci-fi setting. My suggestion is to give them magnetic field emitting powers instead so they can still move stuff as long as it's metal. Or, instead, perhaps you could give them little drones or detachable appendages that go move things for them.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back